New 1.80 Sensor Panel

grimmace

I am just starting to play with the new Sensor Panel and love it so far. Can you post how you set up the one in the webpage? The Intel symbol is a picture, but can you give the setup on some of the sensor setups, I just don't seem to be getting it right. Type and dimensions if it is not to much trouble. How did you do the curved color change? Thanks.

I am just starting to play with the new Sensor Panel and love it so far. Can you post how you set up the one in the webpage? The Intel symbol is a picture, but can you give the setup on some of the sensor setups, I just don't seem to be getting it right. Type and dimensions if it is not to much trouble. Thanks.

I want to know too :)

Can someone make a simple how to? I don't even know how to enable or get this started. My cpu is a AMD Phenom II.

Once you enable the SensorPanel feature in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / SensorPanel, and press OK to close the Preferences, an empty blue window will appear. You will then need to use the right-click menu on the blue panel to add new SensorPanel items of your choice. In default we don't show any items on the SensorPanel, since everyone will have a different approach on which items to be shown on his panel. However, since the "empty blue panel" caused a confusion for many of our users, from the next beta version we'll start the SensorPanel with a minimal set of default items already shown there, e.g. CPU temperature, motherboard temperature, etc. Of course you'll be able to remove the pre-configured items if you want, and replace them with your choices.

Is there a way to set forward and backwards on images? I added my own CPU image and the background one went away, just a black background. I just replace the image and kept the item in the selection menu. Then three start ups later the order was correct again and both images displayed correctly.

Right-click on the panel, and launch SensorPanel Manager. With the Move Up / Move Down buttons you can change the order of the items. First item in the list is on the lowest depth on the panel.

Is there a way to set forward and backwards on images? I added my own CPU image and the background one went away, just a black background. I just replace the image and kept the item in the selection menu. Then three start ups later the order was correct again and both images displayed correctly.

New to the forum. Is there any way to add minimum and maximum temps to the sensor panel?

BTW, I have been waiting for AIDA to come up with the sensor panel for quite awhile and I am quite pleased with the results. Fulfills my needs better than any previous system monitors that I have used.

Do you mean to display not the current temperature, but the absolute minimum or maximum measured since AIDA64 was started?

Thanks for the quick reply. Previously I was using GPU monitor gadget in conjunction with Riva tuner. By clicking on the icon it would reset min and max temp to current temp. This was very handy as I could play a game and when I was done I was able to see what my Min and Max temps had been while I had been playing.

Thanks for the quick reply. Previously I was using GPU monitor gadget in conjunction with Riva tuner. By clicking on the icon it would reset min and max temp to current temp. This was very handy as I could play a game and when I was done I was able to see what my Min and Max temps had been while I had been playing.

Even though the SensorPanel feature is not capable of doing that, you can get similar functionality using either the AIDA64 Logging feature, or the AIDA64 System Stability Test.

You can enable and configure Logging in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Logging.

You can see the min/max values in the System Stability Test on the Statistics tab.

Even though the SensorPanel feature is not capable of doing that, you can get similar functionality using either the AIDA64 Logging feature, or the AIDA64 System Stability Test.

You can enable and configure Logging in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Logging.

You can see the min/max values in the System Stability Test on the Statistics tab.

Thanks I'll give that a try and let you know how it turns out

Let me say first that I am very impressed with the Sensor Panel utility, and have spent a great deal of time tailoring it perfectly to fit my desires. However, I have two questions:

(1) I am disappointed that the "keep SensorPanel the topmost window" option does not allow it to be superimposed over full-screen games. I would very much like to be able to monitor my system's CPU/GPU behavior as well as thermals during game-play. Is there a way to ensure the Sensor Panel remains visible above a full-screen game?

(2) I am considering replacing the solid state drive my OS is installed on, and therefore would be required go through the process of reinstalling AIDA64 Extreme. As I have spent much time and energy customizing the Sensor Panel to my liking, I would very much hate to have to go through the process again. How might I backup the SensorPanel settings I have now and export them to the reinstalled program?

1) Displaying anything in 3D games or other full-screen 3D applications would require developing several hooking modules to "inject" the graphics to all possible 3D interfaces, e.g. Direct3D9, Direct3D10, Direct3D11, OpenGL, etc. We may do that in the future, but I'm afraid it won't happen this year.

2) You can backup all AIDA64 settings -- including SensorPanel configuration -- by backing up the AIDA64.INI file you can find in the installation folder of AIDA64. We'll soon implement SensorPanel profiling, to let you export or import complete SensorPanel configurations, including images.

how do I add a Background image?

You can add a background image the same way you add any images. The only difference is that it may obscure the rest of the SensorPanel items. In such case you need to use the SensorPanel Manager to move the background image up to the top of the list using the Move Up button. The arrow buttons in the SensorPanel Manager can be used to precisely place the background image at (0,0) position.

You can add a background image the same way you add any images. The only difference is that it may obscure the rest of the SensorPanel items. In such case you need to use the SensorPanel Manager to move the background image up to the top of the list using the Move Up button. The arrow buttons in the SensorPanel Manager can be used to precisely place the background image at (0,0) position.

Just a practice run but results appear good. Thanks again

That's what I'm trying to do. Didn't think about using the whole screen though. Or, how big is your back ground pick?

I used a 1920 X 1080 wallpaper following fiery's instructions. I don't keep any Icons on my desktop so it is wasted space anyway

ViewPostFiery, on 20 June 2011 - 07:03 AM, said:

Thanks Again for the quick response. I just cant say enough good things about this program. Got another silly question. Id like to start working on another sensor panel how do I save the one I have?

Can I save a backup of the cfg file and then just replace the cfg with the backup if I want to revert back to an older panel or is there an easier method?