Feature Request: Dim LCD on Sleep (Matrix Orbital LK204-25)

Fahrenheit

I purchased AIDA64 along with a Matrix Orbital LK204-25 and easily configured it to show system stats...great functionality!  I'm curious, is it possible to request a feature to dim or turn off the LCD when the computer goes to sleep?  Helps with LCD longevity and not lighting up a dark room when I'm not at the computer.

I would see if it would be possible to "sleep" the AIDA64 program when the computer goes to sleep as well.  Right now, AIDA64 uses 1-2% CPU even when the computer is sleeping (since I see it on the LCD).  Seems like these would be wasted cycles.  Thanks for the great program!

1) LCD screens should be sent to sleep as the computer goes to sleep, but you need to use AIDA64 v4.70 or later version.  Please check if you have a proper AIDA64 release running.  It's best to use the latest version of v5.92, of course :)

2) LCD screens should stop updating the layout as soon as the computer goes to sleep.  The screen may show the last measured value for CPU utilization before the computer went to sleep though, but it's not the current value.  Let me know if the screen keeps updating the values, because in that case your computer is not really sleeping :)

On 11/14/2017 at 8:16 AM, Fiery said:

1) LCD screens should be sent to sleep as the computer goes to sleep, but you need to use AIDA64 v4.70 or later version.  Please check if you have a proper AIDA64 release running.  It's best to use the latest version of v5.92, of course :)

2) LCD screens should stop updating the layout as soon as the computer goes to sleep.  The screen may show the last measured value for CPU utilization before the computer went to sleep though, but it's not the current value.  Let me know if the screen keeps updating the values, because in that case your computer is not really sleeping :)

Thank you for the clarification.  I noticed that something is preventing my computer from sleeping at all, so it never dims. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By axium
      Hi all! 
      I was recently brain storming on how to display sensor info from aida64 SSE. I wasn't a huge fan on having a secondary sensor display connected through HDMI, as windows does weird things when you have 'multiple' displays connected and even windows 11 doesn't fix it. 
      So I came up with a solution to display the sensor info through a raspberry pi, a web browser and a tiny bit of javascript. 
      If this could be of any use to anyone else, please feel free to either create a PR or fork it and play around with it on your own. 
      https://github.com/DmitrySychev/aida64-remote-sensor-FBEHD-01

• By Kayvon
      Can you put a booleen in the app to see if the device of choice has 3.5mm and an IR blaster? Also put a value to see if the device has USB-C, microUSB, or a propietery port. And put usb version.
    • By WanaGo
      Hello,
      I hope this hasn't already been covered, not found this exact question though already asked.
      4D Systems makes a bunch of LCD products which mainly have UART interfaces. They are not primary display interfaces, so don't take an HDMI input etc from your PC, they can be programmed to handle serial data and display it in various ways. You design the GUI yourself in their IDE and then you feed it the data you want in the known format, and make it do what you like with that data.
      What I am trying to find out is if there is a way to use AIDA64 to collect the data from the PC, such as CPU temperature etc, and send the data out the UART to the display. I don't want all the graphics from AIDA64, all I want is the data for the sensors.
      I have used AIDA64 for a while, going to a external HDMI monitor and displaying data on that, and it works, but now and then I get issues where windows decides the little monitor is the primary, or the mouse goes in there and gets stuck, and all sorts of other weird things. I also dont want it loading my GPU at all, I just want it off that whole system entirely.
      Is there a way to have AIDA64 export in a stream the selected Sensor data, to the serial UART? These 4D displays can handle BAUD's into the MBaud rates, so not 9600 or 115200 type levels.
      If there is, can you please point me in the right direction.
      If there is a way to get this data, I can create a demo project use a 4D Systems display, and post that up here for other people to use as a base. I have used 4D displays for years in various applications at work and around the house, we build full systems at work using their products, and it just seems the perfect application for PC Chassis builds, rather than using HDMI type solutions off the GPU. Let the display do the GUI 'heavy lifting' itself with its GPU and just feed it the data it is looking for from AIDA64.
      Any tips would be appreciated
      Regards
      W