AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Fahrenheit

Feature Request: Dim LCD on Sleep (Matrix Orbital LK204-25)

I purchased AIDA64 along with a Matrix Orbital LK204-25 and easily configured it to show system stats...great functionality!  I'm curious, is it possible to request a feature to dim or turn off the LCD when the computer goes to sleep?  Helps with LCD longevity and not lighting up a dark room when I'm not at the computer.

I would see if it would be possible to "sleep" the AIDA64 program when the computer goes to sleep as well.  Right now, AIDA64 uses 1-2% CPU even when the computer is sleeping (since I see it on the LCD).  Seems like these would be wasted cycles.  Thanks for the great program!

1) LCD screens should be sent to sleep as the computer goes to sleep, but you need to use AIDA64 v4.70 or later version.  Please check if you have a proper AIDA64 release running.  It's best to use the latest version of v5.92, of course :)

2) LCD screens should stop updating the layout as soon as the computer goes to sleep.  The screen may show the last measured value for CPU utilization before the computer went to sleep though, but it's not the current value.  Let me know if the screen keeps updating the values, because in that case your computer is not really sleeping :)

On 11/14/2017 at 8:16 AM, Fiery said:

1) LCD screens should be sent to sleep as the computer goes to sleep, but you need to use AIDA64 v4.70 or later version.  Please check if you have a proper AIDA64 release running.  It's best to use the latest version of v5.92, of course :)

2) LCD screens should stop updating the layout as soon as the computer goes to sleep.  The screen may show the last measured value for CPU utilization before the computer went to sleep though, but it's not the current value.  Let me know if the screen keeps updating the values, because in that case your computer is not really sleeping :)

Thank you for the clarification.  I noticed that something is preventing my computer from sleeping at all, so it never dims. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Roy
      Hi,
      it would be nice if there was the possibility to send sensor values unformatted as a number or percentage, via a serial port.
      Similar to the LCD displays, only without formatting, or pure numbers with separators.
      Together with a small GUI.
      Background is the simple evaluation of the data with a microcontroller and display in different ways.
      I imagine not only LCD or OLED, but rather seven segment display, nixi tubes or an analog pointer display. That would create a lot of possibilities.
    • By Wampo
      Hey Aida Team,
      i have some issues with this Adafruit LCD wich is recomended. On the two Pictures you can see what aida should do and what can i see on the Display. The First line is completely erased and the screen is flickering. The Adafruit Backpack is set to 20x4 LCD. When the Display is updating you can see the right setting for a millisecond.
      But if i change the LCD Setting in AIDA to 16x2, and leave the Backpack in 20x4 mode,  the Screen isn flickering and the first line is there. I think you got a little problem with the 20x4 Driver. I have Searched for the code but i cant find it, to edit it if i found the failure. 

Please give me response for this BUG. I have extra ordert this overpriced 50€ LCD for it. 
      Greetings Daniel from Germany

VID_20181129_160917.mp4
    • By ComputerUser
      Hi all,

I'm trying to do some battery discharge tracking under different load settings and I'm looking for an easy way to log the battery and system load to a file for later analysis. Does this software have the ability to read device status and record it to a file?
    • By Fiery
      We've added support for RoboPeak RPUSBDisp color graphical USB-connected LCD display.

You can enable the LCD device from AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / RoboPeak. Currently there is no Windows driver made specifically for RoboPeak displays.  But there's a workaround: you can use the AlphaCool LCD driver (Version 2.1).  The driver installation has to be forced due to the USB device ID mismatch (between AlphaCool and RoboPeak displays).
      The driver installation works as:
      Open Device Manager --> Other devices --> double-click on rp-usbdisp --> Update Driver button --> Browse my computer for driver software --> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer --> Show All Devices --> Next button --> Have Disk button --> Browse button --> select acusbdisplay.inf file from the AlphaCool LCD driver folder --> Next button --> press Yes button on the Update Driver Warning message box.

You can order a RoboPeak display from DFRobot at:
      https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1062.html#.UqfXHfSnoqX
      You can find the new AIDA64 beta update at:
      https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta
      Please let us know if you find any difficulties enabling or using this new feature. Also let us know if you've got another kind of LCD device that is currently unsupported by AIDA64.
      Regards,
      Fiery