3 different battery wear readings?

Andreas

Hello, newbie here! :D

I recently purchased a used iPad Mini 4 - 15 months or so old.
The battery last very long on 100 percent until it goes down to 99 - but gets depleted down to 20 percent in a "normal" way.
When reached 20 percent I only need to run an app or game for 15 minutes and it's down to 0 and shuts down.

So I installed AIDA64 to check the battery wear...

I get 3 different wear levels and have no idea which one is correct - or if anyone is correct.

Regards, Andreas

IMG_0001.PNG

IMG_0002.PNG

IMG_0003.PNG

It is tricky as we get these values from iOS and it is rounding the capacity to the nearest hundred which results in some fluctuations. Also since iOS 11 this value seems a bit off sometimes. I'm recommending you to check the value in the next few days at different charge levels and calculate an average. According to the issue I think around 15% wear level seems real though. Usage time still good but with a lower charge level the device can shut down during a heavy power draw.

4 hours ago, Mice007 said:

It is tricky as we get these values from iOS and it is rounding the capacity to the nearest hundred which results in some fluctuations. Also since iOS 11 this value seems a bit off sometimes. I'm recommending you to check the value in the next few days at different charge levels and calculate an average. According to the issue I think around 15% wear level seems real though. Usage time still good but with a lower charge level the device can shut down during a heavy power draw.

Hmm thank you...

The latest wear level is 8.27 percent. But most of the time 10.xx or 12.xx is shown.

IMG_0004.PNG

Since iOS 11 you can verify the battery replacement warning in the Settings / Battery page. If iOS is displaying any warnings there about this, you should contact with Apple about it. But until you did not notice any significant battery life issues I'm not recommending a service. I believe this issue is more significant above 25-30% battery wear level.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 10:27 AM, Abdulazeez Badeghar said:

This happened with me also. I have lenovo tab m8 hd. Which has a battery capacity 5000mah, but when i charge it up to 95% it just shows some 2700-2800 mah only. Is it the problem with device or the aida64 charge counter is not correct.

Please note that on many devices the standard Android Battery API is inadequately implemented, and fails to provide proper charge counter information for the battery. If you want, you can hide the incorrect charge counter information from the Battery page by unchecking the charge counter option in the AIDA64 Settings.

• 3 years later...