AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Tweak

Hardware fail Only-

Hey everyone, i have a rather basic understanding of overclocking, and stress testing so let me just start with that.

To start off.

I run a

750 power supply

MSI Gaming pro carbon 270z

i7 7700k

MSI GTX 1080 TI

Gskill  32gigs @2117

Water cooler blah blah blah.

When i run a stress test on Memory @ Stock Specs (for everything including GPU) everything passes and nothings unstable.

MSI has this nifty "Gaming mode" in its BIOS which Clocks my CPU 4.8 Max and my RAM @2800 (which is the advertised speed).

Once i run a stress test on the Memory in said Gaming mode i get "hardware fail" from ADIA64.
This is rather quickly after starting the test, 10 seconds top.

once i push everything back to stock and reboot everything runs stable which makes me believe my RAM isnt "bad".

Now i can't for the life of my figure out if i have "bad ram" or i don't have the correct voltage..  or...

i can post logs if needed not sure on what information is needed here.

Computer skills: New overclocker

Any help would be amazing

The detected memory CRC error can mean either a RAM issue (ie. the RAM modules provide the wrong data to the CPU), or a glitch in the path between the RAM modules and the CPU (ie. the data cannot travel safely between the RAM and the CPU pipelines), or a CPU computation issue (ie. the CPU fails to use the data properly and makes computation errors on the data).  Note that the data has to go through the connection between the IMC (integrated memory controller -- can be found in the CPU package for modern processors) and the memory modules, then travel to the LLC (last level cache -- in most cases it's the L3 cache), then travel one level up on the cache level (ie. into the L2 cache), then again one level up (ie. into the L1 data cache), and only then can be used by the CPU.  Through all those steps a glitch can occur anywhere, but it's not possible to know at which point the data gets corrupted due to excessive overclocking or too agressive timings.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CPJMMXIII
      Hi,
      New AIDA64 user here. Lastest version of both aquasuite and AIDA.
      I'm trying to set various values (e.g. M2.SSD temps) inside aquasuite as software temp sensors.
      When I try to add a new source for the software temp sensor only tjhe following 3 folders are available:
      "Data from Aqua Computer Service"
      "Aquaero"
      "farbwerk"

No folder/option for AIDA 64 values.
      Where am I going wrong? Sorry if this is a super easy question!
    • By red
      Hi guys, as title says, im running first AIDA64 Stability Test of my life. (I was looking for a cpu,gpu,ram and ssd test, all in one). Exactly because its my first time, i have no idea if temps im getting are ok or not. That's why im glad to hear you opinions about them. This is a new build, mounted everything this morning. Test is running since 3 hours and i plan to let it run for 24 hours, to be sure everything is alright.
      CPU: I5-9600K TEMP: (the general "cpu" value, the one beside specific cores value) [51°]
      GPU: RTX 2080 Sea Hawk TEMP: (GPU Diode) [63°]
      RAM: Corsair 16 GB DDR4 3000Mhz TEMP: can't find any value ram related, maybe it's just me :/
      SSD: Samsung 970 Pro TEMP: [62°]
      MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI TEMP: [47°]
      Other values, not sure what are they:
      AUX: [51°]
      VRM: [54°]
      PCH: [55°]
      PCH Diode: [68°]
      And, to finish, i want you to know that the cpu cooler is a Corsair 100i v2 and the cpu thermal paste Artic MX4.
      Is there any dangerous value? Do you have any advice?
      Thank you so much for everyone dedicating me some of its time!
    • By Beeish
      AIDA64 for Android v1.58 Report
      By Guest
      Hello and gooday,
      Recently I got an upgrade that replace my intel atom(n445) neetbook, my new laptop was asus K43SJ, the spec was an intel i3 2330m 2.2Ghz caupled with nvidiaGT520m on board grapic.
      The system have 4GB of memory and run on win7pro.The original owner who donating this laptop was complaining about heat and lag, I assume this laptop need fresh thermal paste..
      To test the heat problem, I run aida64 system stress test and here's the result(in picture)
      I have no experience using aida64 on a pc laptop. What is the red line  red cart(cpu trottle at 50%)?? should I worry about It?? does overal of the system ok??
      and finally can someone teach me how to read aida64 stabylity test result
      thanks
      -EDIT-
      I have clened the laptop from accumulating cat fur

• By TerafloppinDatP
      First post. Love the product and the active support community!
      I *think* I have a stable system:
      Ryzen 5 1600 3.8 GHz @ 1.3375v MSI Tomahawk B350 16GB Corsair LPX 3200 RAM running at 2666 @ 1.36v EVGA GTX 1070 SC with a +100/500 overclock GPU/memory Plenty of clean power via an EVGA Supernova G2 750w PSU I've run AIDA64 for hours without failures with the ^^ settings after some failed tests made me pull back my memory clock and increase my Vcore. Most recently I ran FPU by itself without issue (76C max temp on top-down air cooling in a "meh" airflow case...weird, right? I'll save that for another post), then all the subtests (minus GPU) at once without FPU, then finally added FPU to the mix for the last hour so that all subtests minus GPU were running at once. At multiple points during my stress testing my two monitors went black for 5-10 minutes at a time. The pointer was visible and movable, sometimes with a spinny wheel, sometimes not, but at no point could I get control of the PC back until it decided to come back on its own. I assumed this was going to be a failed test but the progress bar was still chugging along and no failures had been reported. I've gotten the black screen on a GPU only test before and assumed it was because I was stressing the graphical interface beyond its ability to send info to my monitors, but in these recent tests I omitted the GPU from testing. I've read up as much as I can find in these forums and around the web but haven't seen this as a problem. Any feedback would be appreciated.