AIDA64 is freezing PC [Win10 1803 timer collision]

Forumuser

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to the latest Intel 8th series CPU/MB and since then AIDA64 is freezing my system after a few readings.

Initially its ok when I run it, then switch to Sensors and leave it there.

Its freezing system in 20-60 seconds.

Also when I am successful enough to run it for a couple of minutes, once I wake up my PC from the sleep, CPU temp reading reads -55 C.

Please let me know how do I debug these issues?

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:53 AM, xixou said:

Fiery, Could you have look at that topic, I get BSOD using aida64 at the moment.

I use windows 10 1803 built 17134.48, a 1950x CPU and 5 GTX 1070.

I just did.  I apologize for the delays.

I have been having an issue for the last 2 driver releases 397.93+397.64 where Windows is hanging/freezing constantly. 30 seconds after I log into Windows, roughly around the time Aida64 loads,  it will hang for like 5 minutes. Then it will be fine, but it will freeze again and again later for a few minutes each time.

There does not seem to be anything related to the drivers in the event viewer at the time of the hang. 391.35 works perfectly and I keep having to roll back to it. I have done the driver upgrades with DDU, and also without my SLI bridge. Nothing is helping. I have 2x 1080 TI in SLI.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo friends..

I have the same problem with Win10 random freezed when Aida64 is running.

I have installed new Win10 (64Bit) with update 1803.

My test system: Windows10 Home 64Bit, Mainboard GIGABYTE B360 HD3 & Asus ROG STRIX B360-F Gaming , Intel Coffe Lake i5-8600K, Ram 16GB DDR-4 2400 ,NVIDIA GT1030 2GB, SSD Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, SATA HD 2.0TB

AIDA.JPG

The last beta v5.97.4648 works fine on my windows system. No freeze :wub:

My system: Windows10 Home 64Bit, Mainboard Asus Rog Strix B360-F gaming, Intel Coffe Lake i5-8600K, Ram 16GB DDR-4 2400 ,NVIDIA GT1030 DDR5 2GB, SSD Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, SATA HD 2.0TB

Thanks for help. Rolf from germany. 

We believe we've found the root cause of the issues concerning Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803 / Build 17134) based systems.  The timer that AIDA64 uses for BCLK measurement is also used by a new Win10 component.  Most likely that component is used for GPU profiling.  And when AIDA64 and Win10 both use the timer for their own purposes in the same time, the system could become unstable.  We've had to disable polling for BCLK, so from now on AIDA64 will only measure BCLK once, and then use the last value until AIDA64 gets restarted.  Here's the new AIDA64 beta build that includes the workaround:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

• 2 years later...

How to fix freezing and crash AIDA
Rebuilding Windows Performance Counters

cd c:\windows\system32
lodctr /R
cd c:\windows\sysWOW64
lodctr /R

fixCounters.png

Repair Windows Corrupted System Files

Press “Windows + X” and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)”

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth