Jump to content

BeadaPanel LCD device support


beada
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Oldgoalie said:

When I update the osvc value in Regedit to 00 00 and restart (as in step 5 of the instructions) the BeadaPanel no longer shows in the USB Devices list.  So I can't select it to update driver. Help!  Win11 and 6.8" BeadaPanel.  Do I have to disable signature verification first?

Did you find an unrecognized device in your device manager with an exclamation mark? If yes, that is it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes it was under Other Devices.  Have now got as far as linking AIDA64 and the Panel, following instructions and File - Preferences- LCD but when clicking Enable BeadaPanel LCD Support I get a Error: WinUSB init failed.  Screen is active in Windows and usable... just won't link to Aida64.  Have tried restarting, Aida and PC.  BTW thanks for the quick response.  Amazing!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, peggyramos said:

I've been looking at a pc-011 mini and was wondering if you can get a little screen displaying all system temps and stuff like that on a screen I can mount on an angle to the exhaust fan mount? one that doesn't require it to be used as a display (introducing mixed refresh rate issues) but one that connects via a usb header and has it's own software or something like that?

Do you have measurement data for dimensions and mounting holes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 7:55 AM, peggyramos said:

one that doesn't require it to be used as a display (introducing mixed refresh rate issues) but one that connects via a usb header and has it's own software or something like that?

That is exactly the BeadaPanel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2021 at 11:38 PM, cxc9001 said:

Any recommendations on where to get a frame for the 5inch display? I’m looking for a black bezel/frame to hide the exposed hardware

We are designing an aluminum case for BeadaPanel 5" screen now. And here is an initial drawing for the mold. Any comments or suggestions on that prototype? @criskoe @xmanrigger

mmexport1653294628189.png

mmexport1653294609118.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, beada said:

We are designing an aluminum case for BeadaPanel 5" screen now. And here is an initial drawing for the mold. Any comments or suggestions on that prototype? @criskoe @xmanrigger

mmexport1653294628189.png

mmexport1653294609118.png

This is fantastic news. Really glad to see some official case options coming from Beada. It’s awesome 

 

The mock up looks great. Few questions. Any reason you guys are going aluminum instead of high quality plastic?? Reason I ask is aluminum will definitely cost more. A cheaper plastic option might also be a good idea to have too. I personally will 100% order the aluminum version as I don’t mind spending extra money on quality but I know there is a lot of people that might prefer a budget option. 
 

For the aluminum case. What colors are you guys planning? Black? Silver? Brushed? What type of coating? 
 

Man I’m excited. Any chance you plan on making cases for the 6.8 inch wide screen you guys have? That one could really use a case like you mocked up there. Or any of your other screens? If so they will be a instant buy for me! 
 

Where can I keep an eye out for these cases to buy???? And when will you be taking orders? I want to get in ASAP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, criskoe said:

This is fantastic news. Really glad to see some official case options coming from Beada. It’s awesome 

 

The mock up looks great. Few questions. Any reason you guys are going aluminum instead of high quality plastic?? Reason I ask is aluminum will definitely cost more. A cheaper plastic option might also be a good idea to have too. I personally will 100% order the aluminum version as I don’t mind spending extra money on quality but I know there is a lot of people that might prefer a budget option. 
 

For the aluminum case. What colors are you guys planning? Black? Silver? Brushed? What type of coating? 
 

Man I’m excited. Any chance you plan on making cases for the 6.8 inch wide screen you guys have? That one could really use a case like you mocked up there. Or any of your other screens? If so they will be a instant buy for me! 
 

Where can I keep an eye out for these cases to buy???? And when will you be taking orders? I want to get in ASAP. 

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes a plastic case will be in lowest unit price but there are one time mold design cost and MOQ demands for plastic injection(5k-10k/batch). So we decide to take CNC aluminum case as a start. Of course we will consider back plastic solution when sales increase tremendously:D

For the surface process, we will choose anodic oxidation with a matt surface(black and silver color).

We plan to have an aluminum case for our 6.8" suite either, a similar scenario with the 5" suite. I will update you here as soon as further progress( e.g. engineering samples, purchase links, 6.8" solutions) outcome in future.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beada said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes a plastic case will be in lowest unit price but there are one time mold design cost and MOQ demands for plastic injection(5k-10k/batch). So we decide to take CNC aluminum case as a start. Of course we will consider back plastic solution when sales increase tremendously:D

For the surface process, we will choose anodic oxidation with a matt surface(black and silver color).

We plan to have an aluminum case for our 6.8" suite either, a similar scenario with the 5" suite. I will update you here as soon as further progress( e.g. engineering samples, purchase links, 6.8" solutions) outcome in future.

 

Completely understand about the molds. Either way I want the aluminum ones. :) 

As for color options they sound great! Matte black for me for sure. I was going to oppose anything glossy. Ugly fingerprints magnets. 
 

That’s great to hear that the 6.8 will be in the works. 
 

I already own your 7inch touch screen one but soon as the 5” and 6.8” are ready with cases I will order a few of them for various builds and mods. Beada panels with aida stats are the only way to go in my opinion. Even more so now with these new cases finally. Good job. 

 

I will keep and eye out here! Thanks. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
16 hours ago, beada said:

Engineering sample of 6.8" CNC aluminum case back in lab today. We will have a small batch of production soon. The color options will include silver and black.

good1.jpg

good3.jpg

good2.jpg

Funny I just checked this thread yesterday cause I remembered these were talked about and was wondering how it was going. And you read my mind and posted today. Lol. Wow they look great! Black one for me! Will they be on your normal eBay store? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, criskoe said:

Funny I just checked this thread yesterday cause I remembered these were talked about and was wondering how it was going. And you read my mind and posted today. Lol. Wow they look great! Black one for me! Will they be on your normal eBay store? 

Yes we will definately have these cases selling in our ebay shop. In past 2 months we spent a lot of time to try many variants for case constructions. And this make us a little behind of schedule. Fortunately we are arriving now. 

Here is a picture for 5" CNC aluminum case.

hh.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, beada said:

Yes we will definately have these cases selling in our ebay shop. In past 2 months we spent a lot of time to try many variants for case constructions. And this make us a little behind of schedule. Fortunately we are arriving now. 

Here is a picture for 5" CNC aluminum case.

hhh.jpg

 

That’s just a prototype right? The Retail finished black will look much cleaner and nice right?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, criskoe said:

That’s just a prototype right? The Retail finished black will look much cleaner and nice right?? 

Final surface process that we chosed are brushed finishing(wire drawing) + anodic oxidation. So the pictures are very close to the final product since all dimensions & processes are determined.  We chose brushed finishing to avoid reflection, artifact and finger prints, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, beada said:

Final surface process that we chosed are brushed finishing(wire drawing) + anodic oxidation. So the pictures are very close to the final product since all dimensions & processes are determined.  We chose brushed finishing to avoid reflection, artifact and finger prints, etc.

Ah ok. Sorry just the pictures on my phone looked like it was all marked up with small scratches and chips. Maybe that’s just dust or debris on it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, criskoe said:

Ah ok. Sorry just the pictures on my phone looked like it was all marked up with small scratches and chips. Maybe that’s just dust or debris on it? 

There are might a few dust on the surface. Take a closer look.

dust.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 4:51 AM, criskoe said:

Funny I just checked this thread yesterday cause I remembered these were talked about and was wondering how it was going. And you read my mind and posted today. Lol. Wow they look great! Black one for me! Will they be on your normal eBay store? 

Here are links for new items on ebay.

6.8" suite with aluminum case

5" suite with aluminum case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...