BeadaPanel LCD device support

beada

BeadaFrame Display Kit is an ARM Cortex-A7 development platform which bundled with a 7" TFT LCD Display. It can be powered and communicated with PC Host by a single Micro USB cable. Currently we use it as a secondary PC monitor for display of hardware status through Remote Sensor LCD.

The question is --  is there any way to implement it as a native support of AIDA LCD screen? We are running Debian Stretch on the ARM Cortex-A7 core.

front4.png

back_800.png

And more details of this display kit:

CPU

NXP/Freescale ARM Cortex-A7 i.MX6ULL

RAM

512MB DDR3L

Storage

16GB/32GB eMMC

Connectivities

• 1 x WIFI 802.11 b/g/n module(AP6212)
  • 1 x USB 2.0 Host(Type A)
  • 1 x USB 2.0 OTG(Micro-USB)

Display

7.0" TFT LCD: 800x480 (AT070TN92) , w/ touch and bezel

On Board Resources

• Reset Circuit with reset button
  • 1 x Power select jumper
  • 1 x Boot select jumper
  • 1 x USER LED

Dimension

188 x 118 x 35(mm)

Operating System

Debian Stretch

Consumption

5V/350mA

10 hours ago, beada said:

BeadaFrame Display Kit is an ARM Cortex-A7 development platform which bundled with a 7" TFT LCD Display. It can be powered and communicated with PC Host by a single Micro USB cable. Currently we use it as a secondary PC monitor for display of hardware status through Remote Sensor LCD.

The question is --  is there any way to implement it as a native support of AIDA LCD screen? We are running Debian Stretch on the ARM Cortex-A7 core.

And more details of this display kit:

CPU

NXP/Freescale ARM Cortex-A7 i.MX6ULL

RAM

512MB DDR3L

Storage

16GB/32GB eMMC

Connectivities

• 1 x WIFI 802.11 b/g/n module(AP6212)
  • 1 x USB 2.0 Host(Type A)
  • 1 x USB 2.0 OTG(Micro-USB)

Display

7.0" TFT LCD: 800x480 (AT070TN92) , w/ touch and bezel

On Board Resources

• Reset Circuit with reset button
  • 1 x Power select jumper
  • 1 x Boot select jumper
  • 1 x USER LED

Dimension

188 x 118 x 35(mm)

Operating System

Debian Stretch

Consumption

5V/350mA

That looks like a very interesting project.  IMHO it would be best if we could somehow work together to develop a custom, fast LCD protocol that works via USB connection.  If you work for the manufacturer of the Beada hardware, please drop me a private message.  If not, then please let me know what are your qualifications on the software developer's side, since only knowing a bit more about you (or what you can do on the side of your Beada hardware in terms of software/API matters) I can propose possible ways to implement a proper USB communications protocol for the Beada.

On 2018/11/28 at AM11点04分, beada said:

BeadaFrame Display Kit是一个ARM Cortex-A7开发平台,它与7“TFT LCD显示器捆绑在一起。它可以通过一根Micro USB线供电并与PC Host通信。目前我们将它用作辅助PC监视器,用于显示硬件通过遥感器LCD显示状态。

问题是 - 有没有办法将其作为AIDA LCD屏幕的原生支持来实现?我们在ARM Cortex-A7内核上运行Debian Stretch。

front4.png

back_800.png

此显示套件的更多细节:

中央处理器

恩智浦/飞思卡尔ARM Cortex-A7 i.MX6ULL

内存

512MB DDR3L

存储

16GB / 32GB eMMC

连通性

• 1个WIFI 802.11 b / g / n模块(AP6212)
  • 1个USB 2.0主机(A型)
  • 1个USB 2.0 OTG(Micro-USB)

显示

7.0“TFT LCD:800x480(AT070TN92),带触摸和边框

船上资源

• 使用复位按钮复位电路
  • 1个电源选择跳线
  • 1个引导选择跳线
  • 1个用户LED

尺寸

188 x 118 x 35(mm)

操作系统

Debian Stretch

消费

5V /350毫安

哈 中国的朋友 ,我有点没看懂,你这个不是已经实现了吗?

1 hour ago, btmouse said:

哈 中国的朋友 ,我有点没看懂,你这个不是已经实现了吗?

目前我们是通过AIDA64的remote sensor功能来实现的,相当于访问AIDA64内建的web服务器。这个效果和AIDA64直接通过USB访问LCD显示器不太一样。你可以自己在电脑上比较一下的。

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I just setup the BeadaPanel 5" LCD and it worked right away with Aida! (I evidently was on the right side of version 6.25.5406 beta).

I could even export and import my config for the Logitech G29 to the settings for BeadaPanel. After some tweaking for the larger screen it looks very good.

I haven't decided yet how I shall place it, maybe in some kind of box perhaps.

IMG_20200426_211856.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 9:27 PM, Dragnet said:

I just setup the BeadaPanel 5" LCD and it worked right away with Aida! (I evidently was on the right side of version 6.25.5406 beta).

I could even export and import my config for the Logitech G29 to the settings for BeadaPanel. After some tweaking for the larger screen it looks very good.

IMG_20200426_211856.jpg

Awesome!  I'm glad you've had a great user and customer experience with your panel (and AIDA64 ;) )

• 6 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 12:27 PM, Dragnet said:

IMG_20200426_211856.jpg

Nice. Did you get the IPS one or the TFT. Which would be better for a sensor panel?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@beadaGot my 6.8 screen up and running... love it so far. 

Vanity question: are there instructions on how I can change the "screensaver"/pictures when the pc is not connected.  As much as I love random buildings and retro racing games - I would love to swap those.

TY in advance.

13 hours ago, Bas101 said:

@beadaGot my 6.8 screen up and running... love it so far. 

Vanity question: are there instructions on how I can change the "screensaver"/pictures when the pc is not connected.  As much as I love random buildings and retro racing games - I would love to swap those.

TY in advance.

Yes we have a PC tool named as 'BeadaTools‘ to access on-board storage on BeadaPanel. Here is link-->https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArGfiTxjUGUl_SJ6Kq2Ta46Tkxlj?e=EQBdgh

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 8:53 PM, beada said:

Yes we have a PC tool named as 'BeadaTools‘ to access on-board storage

@beada Hi, I just received this new 6.8" BeadaPanel the other day. It looks great and I am thrilled to be able to change the screensaver using BeadsTools for when Aida64 is not yet connected. The only thing that bugs me is the Linux penguin and BeadaPanel splash screens that are displayed before the screensaver. Is there any way at all to disable these splash screens from appearing when the panel starts up?

3 hours ago, Andrew Pafitis said:

@beada Hi, I just received this new 6.8" BeadaPanel the other day. It looks great and I am thrilled to be able to change the screensaver using BeadsTools for when Aida64 is not yet connected. The only thing that bugs me is the Linux penguin and BeadaPanel splash screens that are displayed before the screensaver. Is there any way at all to disable these splash screens from appearing when the panel starts up?

We plan to eliminate penguin logo in future but BeadaPanel splash screen will be still there. Both of them are hardcoded inside BeadaPanel firmware so customers will not be able to disable them at panel starts up. 

• 2 months later...

My beadapanel 5" stopped showing my PC stats.  Its just a blank screen.  It does show the boot sequence but once it finishes booting and connects to AIDA its just a blank screen.  I have tried restarting my PC, restarting AIDA, restarting the beadapanel.  I am going to see if I can update it next but any other ideas would be great.

The beadatools just shows me firmware version 4.09 and screen resolution 800x480 with a retry and cancel button.  No other options.  Thanks in advance for any help.

On 7/22/2021 at 9:19 PM, pdub414 said:

My beadapanel 5" stopped showing my PC stats.  Its just a blank screen.  It does show the boot sequence but once it finishes booting and connects to AIDA its just a blank screen.  I have tried restarting my PC, restarting AIDA, restarting the beadapanel.  I am going to see if I can update it next but any other ideas would be great.

The beadatools just shows me firmware version 4.09 and screen resolution 800x480 with a retry and cancel button.  No other options.  Thanks in advance for any help.

4.09 is the first firmware version and latest version is 5.2. Please contact seller for firmware upgrade.

• 4 months later...

Hello!

Thanks for the awesome screen @beada and it's implementation @Fiery!

I have few questions please :D 

@beada

How can I rotate the screen saver (album) to 180 degrees (outside of AIDA64) please?

I've seen the "rotation" parameter in the animation.ini but not sure how to rotate to more than 90.

@Fiery 

When I set an "internal" brightness level in BeadaPanel (using animation.ini) and an different level in AIDA64 -
the brightness is not switched back to AIDA64 level after my PC comes back from the sleep.

If I open AIDA64 "Preferences..." window the brightness level is sent to the panel again.

It would be great if you could send the brightness level to the panel each time AIDA64 is active (not only when the Preferences... window is opened).

Thank you guys!
Max

2 hours ago, ioxam said:

Hello!

@beada

How can I rotate the screen saver (album) to 180 degrees (outside of AIDA64) please?

I've seen the "rotation" parameter in the animation.ini but not sure how to rotate to more than 90.

@Fiery 

When I set an "internal" brightness level in BeadaPanel (using animation.ini) and an different level in AIDA64 -
the brightness is not switched back to AIDA64 level after my PC comes back from the sleep.

If I open AIDA64 "Preferences..." window the brightness level is sent to the panel again.

It would be great if you could send the brightness level to the panel each time AIDA64 is active (not only when the Preferences... window is opened).

Thank you guys!
Max

please look at this thread for screen rotation

On 12/22/2021 at 12:00 AM, ioxam said:

Hello!

@beada

@Fiery 

Thank you guys!
Max

This was promptly fixed by AIDA64 team in the version 6.60.5906

Thanks you!

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2022 at 6:42 AM, Sonixmon said:

Will the 3.5 and 5 Inch panels work in the vertical orientation with templates or require custom graphics?

TIA

You can 'rotate' the LCD screen in AIDA64 LCD Preference page if you have a template in vertical orientation.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

When I update the osvc value in Regedit to 00 00 and restart (as in step 5 of the instructions) the BeadaPanel no longer shows in the USB Devices list.  So I can't select it to update driver. Help!  Win11 and 6.8" BeadaPanel.  Do I have to disable signature verification first?