HI

I have 6  Supermicro platforms, and I found the following problems when using AIDA64-620 version test.
1. On the motherboard of the Supermicro X11 series, the memory SPD information cannot be obtained
2. On the Supermicro X11 series motherboard, running the system stablity Test will be suspended for 15 minutes, and then resumed.
3. The memory speed test is not up to standard. The bandwidth obtained through the calculation formula should be 230G / s, but the result obtained through the AIDA64 test is only 160G / s. Our bandwidth calculation formula may be wrong. Can you provide a calculation Formula for bandwidth.

Bandwidth = memory core frequency × number of memory bus bits × multiplication factor

platforms:8049U-E1CR4T/BIOS 3.2/BMC 1..71/CPLD Version     04.b1.06

motherboard:X11QPH+
CPU:4 * 6254
memory:12 * M393A4K40BB2-CTD6Y
RAID: 9361-8i
GPU:Quadro P2000 
ssd:1* SSDPE2KE016T801

846856758__20200104160620.thumb.jpg.528d895b0c179e49454efc6ffe9b592d.jpg

On 1/4/2020 at 9:53 AM, 李玄丹 said:

HI

I have 6  Supermicro platforms, and I found the following problems when using AIDA64-620 version test.
1. On the motherboard of the Supermicro X11 series, the memory SPD information cannot be obtained
2. On the Supermicro X11 series motherboard, running the system stablity Test will be suspended for 15 minutes, and then resumed.
3. The memory speed test is not up to standard. The bandwidth obtained through the calculation formula should be 230G / s, but the result obtained through the AIDA64 test is only 160G / s. Our bandwidth calculation formula may be wrong. Can you provide a calculation Formula for bandwidth.

Bandwidth = memory core frequency × number of memory bus bits × multiplication factor

platforms:8049U-E1CR4T/BIOS 3.2/BMC 1..71/CPLD Version     04.b1.06

motherboard:X11QPH+
CPU:4 * 6254
memory:12 * M393A4K40BB2-CTD6Y
RAID: 9361-8i
GPU:Quadro P2000 
ssd:1* SSDPE2KE016T801

1) That is usually due to the fact that Intel disables SPD polling on their DP/QP Xeon platforms.  AFAIK in such cases only the BIOS Setup (UEFI Setup) can talk to the SPD chip of the memory modules.  You can check if other Windows software (like CPU-Z, HWiNFO64, SIV) can obtain SPD information, but I'm 100% sure they won't, since it's due to a platform limitation and not an AIDA64 bug.

2) 15 minutes seems quite excessive, but a shorter delay (1 or 2 minutes) is normal when you use the RAM test with 64+ GigaBytes of system memory installed.  It's because AIDA64 allocates most of the system memory in its RAM stress test, and Windows sadly gets slower and slower allocating and locking system memory pages.  The more RAM you've got in your system, the more time it takes for a Windows software to allocate the whole system memory.  We're working on a new generation of AIDA64 System Stability Test that would use various workarounds to get rid of the responsivity issue while allocating system memory, so soon there will be a cure :)

3) A 12-channel DDR4-2667 system has a theoretical memory bandwidth of 250 GIgaBytes/sec, but it's a theoretical value that your configuration may or may not be able to provide.  In case you deem the actual memory bandwidth you can utilize should be higher than 162 GigaBytes/sec, then make sure to ask Supermicro or Intel about their stance on the issue.  We're confident that the AIDA64 version you're using (v6.20) fully supports your platform and provides the right benchmark scores reflecting the true performance of your system.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please use AIDA64 to test the motherboard of Supermicro X11 series and verify whether it will be stuck for a long time, it is best to be in the same system environment. Large-capacity memory test to verify lag time in order to try to optimize.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 10:34 AM, 李玄丹 said:

Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please use AIDA64 to test the motherboard of Supermicro X11 series and verify whether it will be stuck for a long time, it is best to be in the same system environment. Large-capacity memory test to verify lag time in order to try to optimize.

I'm afraid we have no Supermicro X11 motherboards among the over 100 test motherboards we use daily to check out whether AIDA64 performs well on them.  In case Supermicro could send us one sample of such a motherboard, we can work on it of course.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to disturb you again. We are still testing this problme. The current system freeze time is 4 minutes 30 seconds. In the environment we tested, the motherboard is 4-way, the installed CPU model is Intel Xeon Gold 6254, a total of 144 threads (72 cores), and the memory capacity is 384G (12 * 36G). Is the system stuck time normal? Have you tested the Intel Xeon Gold X200 series CPU? I use this series of CPUs to have the same problem on motherboards of different brands.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 12:48 PM, 李玄丹 said:

I'm sorry to disturb you again. We are still testing this problme. The current system freeze time is 4 minutes 30 seconds. In the environment we tested, the motherboard is 4-way, the installed CPU model is Intel Xeon Gold 6254, a total of 144 threads (72 cores), and the memory capacity is 384G (12 * 36G). Is the system stuck time normal? Have you tested the Intel Xeon Gold X200 series CPU? I use this series of CPUs to have the same problem on motherboards of different brands.

We rarely have a chance to test systems with over 100 GigaBytes of RAM installed, and no, we never had a chance to have a Xeon Gold system at our HQ to test it thoroughly.  As I've mentioned above, we're working on the next-generation AIDA64 System Stability Test that will allocate RAM via a smarter way to get rid of the freezing issues.  We're currently considering backporting the new RAM allocation scheme into the currenty AIDA64 System Stability Test to help you about that issue quickly...

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 12:48 PM, 李玄丹 said:

Please check if the memory stress test gets more responsive with the latest AIDA64 beta build:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta