NZXT Kraken X53/63/73

Chris Simpson

Hi, I'm using a Kraken X73 and the sensors don't show up in AIDA64.  I also have an EVGA CLC 280 AIO that DOES show up, although its listed as a Kraken X51 (also reported as such in other apps).  I first tried using latest release (6.25.5400), which doesn't show many of my motherboard sensors (Asus ROG Maximuss XII Hero).  I updated to the latest beta (6.25.5462) and my other motherboard sensors now appear properly, which allows me to pull pump RPM from the fan header its plugged into at least, but I'd like liquid temp too obviously ;).  
HWInfo64 and Argus Monitor both show the X73 and liquid temp sensors just fine, but no luck for AIDA64.  (There's no USB conflict, I've checked closing everything, restarting, etc., also enabling all stability options).  Attached USB dumps.

usbdump.txt usbpsudump.txt

16 hours ago, Chris Simpson said:

Hi, I'm using a Kraken X73 and the sensors don't show up in AIDA64.  I also have an EVGA CLC 280 AIO that DOES show up, although its listed as a Kraken X51 (also reported as such in other apps).  I first tried using latest release (6.25.5400), which doesn't show many of my motherboard sensors (Asus ROG Maximuss XII Hero).  I updated to the latest beta (6.25.5462) and my other motherboard sensors now appear properly, which allows me to pull pump RPM from the fan header its plugged into at least, but I'd like liquid temp too obviously ;).  
HWInfo64 and Argus Monitor both show the X73 and liquid temp sensors just fine, but no luck for AIDA64.  (There's no USB conflict, I've checked closing everything, restarting, etc., also enabling all stability options).  Attached USB dumps.

Thank you!  We'll implement support for Kraken X-3 Series devices in the next AIDA64 beta update.  I'll post a message into this topic once the new beta is available for download.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 9:36 PM, Chris Simpson said:

The above mentioned new AIDA64 beta update is available for download at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.

17 hours ago, Fiery said:

The above mentioned new AIDA64 beta update is available for download at:

Thanks for the update, unfortunately it's still not showing up for me, updated the dumps and added some screenshots for comparison vs what HWInfo sees.  The EVGA CLC is the Kraken X-1 that already shows, the rest of the sensors are motherboard fan/sensors.
Thanks again.

aida-temp-fans.png

hwi.png

usbdump-2.txt usbpsudump-2.txt

On 8/14/2020 at 9:07 AM, Chris Simpson said:

Thanks for the update, unfortunately it's still not showing up for me, updated the dumps and added some screenshots for comparison vs what HWInfo sees.  The EVGA CLC is the Kraken X-1 that already shows, the rest of the sensors are motherboard fan/sensors.
Thanks again.

Thank you.  I have no idea why it doesn't work, so we've ordered a Kraken X-3 device to check it out more thoroughly.  Please give us 2 weeks to solve this, because most of our team is currently on vacation.

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2020 at 9:07 AM, Chris Simpson said:

Thanks again.

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 4:59 PM, dynamic said:

Hi Fiery,

as i can say so far - i also tried the current beta - with my Kraken Z63 setup - but still see no WATER Temp sensor.

best regards..

Can you see any readings (on the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64) related to your Z63 device?

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

On 10/26/2020 at 1:31 PM, Fiery said:

Can you see any readings (on the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64) related to your Z63 device?

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

I see sensors related to my Z63 - Water-Pump RPM - but no Liquid temperature...

greetings

usblog.txt

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 5:31 PM, dynamic said:

I see sensors related to my Z63 - Water-Pump RPM - but no Liquid temperature...

greetings

Your Z63 device presents as a USB device in your system, but the default HID driver isn't seem to be installed for it.  Can you please check (using e.g. the Windows Device Manager) what driver do you have installed for your Z63?

18 hours ago, Fiery said:

Your Z63 device presents as a USB device in your system, but the default HID driver isn't seem to be installed for it.  Can you please check (using e.g. the Windows Device Manager) what driver do you have installed for your Z63?

see attached screenshot.

18-11-_2020_09-28-13.png

3 hours ago, dynamic said:

see attached screenshot.

Thank you!  That's very strange.  Can you please try to update the driver for the standard HID (Human Interface Device) driver for it?  That should fix communication with the device and AIDA64.

6 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you!  That's very strange.  Can you please try to update the driver for the standard HID (Human Interface Device) driver for it?  That should fix communication with the device and AIDA64.

don't know which device you mean - for the NZXT i did also a deinstallation, reboot and after that, System find the same driver again - also a new-installation of NZXT CAM software done.

All other devices are default, or Vendor related drivers.

13 hours ago, dynamic said:

don't know which device you mean - for the NZXT i did also a deinstallation, reboot and after that, System find the same driver again - also a new-installation of NZXT CAM software done.

All other devices are default, or Vendor related drivers.

I mean if you go to Device Manager, find the device for your Z63, right-click --> Properties --> Driver tab --> Update Driver --> Browse my computer for driver software --> you can update the driver there for a HID-compliant driver.  However, due to normal circumstances that wouldn't be necessary at all.  We'll check our Z63 again on a clean system, because it's rather strange what's happening on your system.

5 hours ago, Fiery said:

I mean if you go to Device Manager, find the device for your Z63, right-click --> Properties --> Driver tab --> Update Driver --> Browse my computer for driver software --> you can update the driver there for a HID-compliant driver.  However, due to normal circumstances that wouldn't be necessary at all.  We'll check our Z63 again on a clean system, because it's rather strange what's happening on your system.

oh well, i did this as well. Also, as mentioned i did a delete of the device, and after a reboot it installed as it is.

Also with the latest NZXT CAM Software.

best regards :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2020 at 6:10 AM, dynamic said:

any news on this?

Or is anybody out there, with a running NZXT Z63/73 Kraken Sensor?
If so, can you please provide us here, with informations on your NZXT driver/USB HID Device?

Thanks and regards

I don’t see pump info with the latest beta driver also if that helps any 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...