Vista side bar Request

Garfunkel

I really don't like the sensorPanel...

for some reasons...

Can you please explain your concerns or issues with the SensorPanel? We've designed it to act as a replacement to both the OSD Panel and Sidebar features, by offering more features and much better customizations.

• It uses up to 15% of mu CPU (don't know maybe on FPU) (I don't have a graphics card installed, just the integrated one)
  • It don't have an analog clock
  • I can't set transparency of the background (but if you can make it use the win7 transparency, just like the Gadget menu, i'll much like it)
  • It don't have a graph (Line i prefer) just like on the "System stability test"
  • The bar limit, I think it's better if the color is gradiently changing
  • The mouse over event, just like on the sidebar
    • if it has a transparency and don't have the mouse focus, it remains the transparency
    • else if it has a transparency and have the mouse focus, it removes the transparency

Thats all for now…

there's more but can't explain in words for now…

Thanks…

Thank you for listing your issues.

1) High CPU usage may occur if you enable too many items. The SensorPanel on itself shouldn't consume considerably more CPU cycles than the Sidebar Gadget -- unless you have a very slow video adapter or old CPU.

2) The analog clock Sidebar gadget can still be used along with the SensorPanel. Noone said you cannot use the Sidebar _and_ SensorPanel altogether. You can even use the AIDA64 Sidebar Gadget together with SensorPanel if you want.

3) Transparency: I cannot argue with that ;)

4) Graph is not available on both the AIDA64 Sidebar Gadget and the SensorPanel right now. So I don't see that as a negative point against the SensorPanel, since the Sidebar Gadget also hasn't got it. We're planning to add graphs to the SensorPanel soon.

5) Bars are not available on the AIDA64 Sidebar Gadget, so it's not a negative point against the SensorPanel again. Gradient bars are also on our roadmap ;)

6) Transparency on mouse hovering is not easy to obtain with the SensorPanel, but we'll check if anything can be done about it.

Regards,

Fiery

If you'll allow me…

I'll try to make a form application that makes a gadget that looks like the sensor panel… :rolleyes:

I'm not too familiar with java and HTML coding, so i think it will take a month or more to finish…

…

it's ok if it will not be granted

…

If you'll allow me…

I'll try to make a form application that makes a gadget that looks like the sensor panel… :rolleyes:

I'm not too familiar with java and HTML coding, so i think it will take a month or more to finish…

…

it's ok if it will not be granted

…

We're currently working on improving the AIDA64 Sidebar Gadget. You can develop your own gadget that has advanced features, but I'm afraid due to intellectual property rights and other boring legal issues we cannot use external components in our software :(

Now I know why my Sensor Panel uses up to 15% of my CPU…

It's because of the UP Time… don't know why…

What sort of operating system do you have installed? Is it Win7 64-bit? We'll check what may be wrong, although the uptime measurement code is quite old and well-proven.

Win 7 32 bit in a 1Gb RAM

AMD Sempron 140 2.7Ghz OC to 3.6…

Just for a sudgestion for Sensor panel item. use a specific script for UP time such as read it once on startup then increment it internally based on update frequency. So it will not read it again and again. ;)