good software

tistou77

is that there is provided a AIDA64 in 64 bits?

I don't think I can understand what you mean. Can you please rephrase your question, or provide a more detailed explanation of what you mean? :)

and why they changed the names of Everest in AIDA?

There's no name change. AIDA64 is a new software, developed and sold by a different company to EVEREST.

Regards,

Fiery

I don't think I can understand what you mean. Can you please rephrase your question, or provide a more detailed explanation of what you mean? :)

it was just to see if AIDA64'll coded x64 (64 bits), he is currently 32-bit (x86)

There's no name change. AIDA64 is a new software, developed and sold by a different company to EVEREST.

ok, I thought it was the successor of Everest, and that development of Everest will stop

it was just to see if AIDA64'll coded x64 (64 bits), he is currently 32-bit (x86)

The main binary of AIDA64 (the file called AIDA64.EXE) a 32-bit application, hence the major part of AIDA64 is still 32-bit. This is done that way to retain compatibility with legacy 32-bit hardware and 32-bit Windows installations. However, the parts where 64-bit really "matters" (the performance-related parts), AIDA64 implements native 64-bit code. Those parts are the kernel driver that is used for low-level hardware access, and the benchmark module that is used for benchmarks and by the System Stability Test feature. So in many ways this is a "hybrid" solution with both 32-bit and 64-bit code, but that is the beauty of the x64 CPU extensions: you can keep the existing 32-bit programs and still run them with no considerable performance hit, and you can port the performance-hungry program sections to 64-bit to utilize the full power of modern 64-bit processors.

ok, I thought it was the successor of Everest, and that development of Everest will stop

The development of EVEREST is already halted.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a license also (after pirating Everest for years!).

Favorite feature is the G15 LCD integration. I have mine setup as a one stop see everything panel.

Date

Time

Clock speed

Free Ram

GPU Temp and Utilization

Core 0 Temp and Thread 0/1 Utilization

Core 1 Temp and Thread 2/3 Utilization

Core 2 Temp and Thread 4/5 Utilization

Core 3 Temp and Thread 6/7 Utilization

Core 4 Temp and Thread 8/9 Utilization

Core 5 Temp and Thread 10/11 Utilization

I compared the readings with Real Temp and they're great.

Better than core temp

Better than speed fan

A definite must-buy utility for 20$