Blue screen after close AIDA

Sensei jybo

Hello, i recently put up a sensor minitor and noticed that if i close the AIDA programm the PC go on blue screen and this happen all the time i try, today it goes on blue screen during game too, this happen only one time for now.

i have a H97m-e ASUS whit an i5 4460 and rx 4080 MSI gaming x storage i have a 860 evo and a wd Blue

any suggestion?

16 hours ago, Sensei jybo said:

Hello, i recently put up a sensor minitor and noticed that if i close the AIDA programm the PC go on blue screen and this happen all the time i try, today it goes on blue screen during game too, this happen only one time for now.

i have a H97m-e ASUS whit an i5 4460 and rx 4080 MSI gaming x storage i have a 860 evo and a wd Blue

any suggestion?

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

Guys I've been dealing with that same problem for over a week and it looks like(at least for me) the kerneld.x64 file of AIDA is causing problems. You can check on this thread here. What I tried for now is to take the kerneld.x64 file from AIDA version 5.99 and replaced that same one in the latest AIDA. I would use AIDA version 5.99 but it doesn't detect my NVMe temp. I don't know if that would work for people with newer systems but for my old X79 setup it looks fine for now. Already testing to confirm it's ok, but for now(2 days) everything looks fine. If you want you can try and see for yourself. Hope it helps someone with that annoying problem.

@Fiery does the latest beta contain any changes regarding to kerneld.x64 driver?

On 2/14/2021 at 9:57 AM, Fiery said:

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

as i said i update to beta and got same problem, not all the time i try close AIDA but still unreliable for use it

I dowloaded the 5.99 version portable and start use that one and till now all go well, zero blue screens. seems like my old setup is not pretty stable whith new version of AIDA. all works fine on my sensor panel so i no need newer version like said by scorpion couse i don't have an M.2, for now at least XD, so i'll keep using the 5.99 and hope you can find a way to stabilize the new version. i'll keep you updated if something go wrong. bye and thanks again

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello people, can count me in as another victim.

Also using an external mini screen (Lamptron HM070V2) to monitor my stats via Sensorpanel.

When I close Aida on taskbar, it sometimes BSODs, even when I just shut down my pc.

I'm on version 6.60.5900 (build date 14/12/2021)

Can anyone please patch this or tell me whats causing this as its driving me insane :huh:

Whocrashed report:

On Fri 01/04/2022 18:17:42 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: kerneld.x64 (kerneld+0xB981)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFE90000000000, 0x0, 0x0, 0x6)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FinalWire\AIDA64 Extreme\kerneld.x64
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: kerneld.x64 .
Google query: kerneld.x64 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

• 4 weeks later...

This crash don't exist if you replace the kerneld.x64 that the version 6.70.6000 provides from the  5.99.4800 version.

It fix also the crash with the amd gpu sensor.

It seems that after the 5.99 version they fix the Buffer Overflow.

@Fierycan you check this. This crash can recreated only after a restart so to reproduce it you need to restart the pc and every time you must open the aida64 and then close it. Sometime will crash after you close it.

• 6 months later...