Inconsistent temps between Ryzen Master and Aida64

iamanubis

hi - I have noticed this odd discrepancy between Ryzen Master and Aida64 in reporting the correct temps under load. When the CPU is idle and the temps are low, they are very close and nearly similar. However, when I run a CPU stress test on Cinebench or any other software, Ryzen Master is always around 10 degrees higher. My sensor panel is reporting the CPU temp on Aida64.

Any help is appreciated.

• iamanubis changed the title to Inconsistent temps between Ryzen Master and Aida64
On 2/20/2021 at 7:07 PM, iamanubis said:

hi - I have noticed this odd discrepancy between Ryzen Master and Aida64 in reporting the correct temps under load. When the CPU is idle and the temps are low, they are very close and nearly similar. However, when I run a CPU stress test on Cinebench or any other software, Ryzen Master is always around 10 degrees higher. My sensor panel is reporting the CPU temp on Aida64.

Any help is appreciated.

It's because Ryzen Master provides an average thermal reading measured over a short period of time; while AIDA64 measures direct, immediate temperatures and not do any averaging or processing the measured values.

On 2/22/2021 at 6:49 AM, Fiery said:

It's because Ryzen Master provides an average thermal reading measured over a short period of time; while AIDA64 measures direct, immediate temperatures and not do any averaging or processing the measured values.

That is really good to know. Thank you for clarifying that.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with Ryzen Mater and Aida64 with same system spec Asus Dark Hero + 5900X. 
I was playing with AIDA 64 sensor panel and the temperature varies between what sensor you chose to display. If you select "CPU" in AIDA, on Idle, the temp between Ryzen Mater and AIDA64 are the same, but on full load it's that +10 degrees difference in Ryzen Master vs AIDA64.
If in AIDA64 you select CPU Diode to display temperature form (or CPU Package), on Idle Ryzen Master will show 10 degrees lower (in my case 38C) while Aida64 shows 48C..but on full load they will both shows same temperature...
So yes, this is strange for me also and i'm not quite sure what sensor to display in AIDA64 to be consistent with Ryzen Mater on both Idle and Load...

On 4/10/2021 at 10:21 AM, Gimone said:

I have the same problem with Ryzen Mater and Aida64 with same system spec Asus Dark Hero + 5900X. 
I was playing with AIDA 64 sensor panel and the temperature varies between what sensor you chose to display. If you select "CPU" in AIDA, on Idle, the temp between Ryzen Mater and AIDA64 are the same, but on full load it's that +10 degrees difference in Ryzen Master vs AIDA64.
If in AIDA64 you select CPU Diode to display temperature form (or CPU Package), on Idle Ryzen Master will show 10 degrees lower (in my case 38C) while Aida64 shows 48C..but on full load they will both shows same temperature...
So yes, this is strange for me also and i'm not quite sure what sensor to display in AIDA64 to be consistent with Ryzen Mater on both Idle and Load...

"CPU" is usualy measured by the Motherboard and not the CPU itself.