AMD GPU monitoring issues and stuttering (Asus Strix B550-F Gaming + Asus RX 5600 XT)

FNAngel

I am having a stuttering issue with AIDA64. I tried disabling the embedded controller I saw mentioned in other posts and it did not work. I flashes and all the display for AIDA only flickers. The only things running in the background are AVG, dropbox, AI Suite, radeon control,  G HUB and steam.

The other issue is that is it not reading GPU temp, GPU clock, GPU memory usage, GPU usage CPU or GPU power. Nor is reading my CPU fan speed or NVME drive temp.

MY system is:

Operating System
            Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
        CPU
            AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
        RAM
            32.0GB  
        Motherboard
            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) (AM4)

BIOS: Version    1804

Graphics
            VS248 (1920x1080@59Hz)
            DEL 1908FPBLK (1280x1024@60Hz)
            6128MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT (ASUStek Computer Inc)
        Storage
            465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0A-00SM50 (SATA (SSD))   
            931GB Seagate BarraCuda SSD ZA1000CM10002 (SATA (SSD))    
            698GB Western Digital WDC WD7502AAEX-00Y9A0 (SATA )    
            465GB Western Digital WDS500G3XHC-00SJG0 (Unknown (SSD))

AM I missing a setting somewhere? This is all happening across templates. I cannot find anything GPU related when creating a monitor board from scratch.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:04 AM, FNAngel said:

I am having a stuttering issue with AIDA64. I tried disabling the embedded controller I saw mentioned in other posts and it did not work. I flashes and all the display for AIDA only flickers. The only things running in the background are AVG, dropbox, AI Suite, radeon control,  G HUB and steam.

The other issue is that is it not reading GPU temp, GPU clock, GPU memory usage, GPU usage CPU or GPU power. Nor is reading my CPU fan speed or NVME drive temp.

MY system is:

Operating System
            Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
        CPU
            AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
        RAM
            32.0GB  
        Motherboard
            ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) (AM4)

BIOS: Version    1804

Graphics
            VS248 (1920x1080@59Hz)
            DEL 1908FPBLK (1280x1024@60Hz)
            6128MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT (ASUStek Computer Inc)
        Storage
            465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0A-00SM50 (SATA (SSD))   
            931GB Seagate BarraCuda SSD ZA1000CM10002 (SATA (SSD))    
            698GB Western Digital WDC WD7502AAEX-00Y9A0 (SATA )    
            465GB Western Digital WDS500G3XHC-00SJG0 (Unknown (SSD))

AM I missing a setting somewhere? This is all happening across templates. I cannot find anything GPU related when creating a monitor board from scratch.

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

• Fiery changed the title to AMD GPU monitoring issues and stuttering (Asus Strix B550-F Gaming + Asus RX 5600 XT)
  • 2 weeks later...

So updating had no change. Starting to feel like I have bought something that is broke. Not a happy camper. 

Are we sure this works with this card? 

Why doesn't any GPU related options show when trying to build my own panel?

Why doesn't it read my CPU fan? I know it is running.

Why doesn't it read my power use?

EDIT to add. Everything is up to date for my drivers, the related software and windows.

This seems like an odd

interference between various software running in the same time, like AI Suite or others that makes direct access to the hardware devices in question. Try to disable these software temporarly and check how AIDA64 works. 

On 3/27/2021 at 10:20 PM, FNAngel said:

Is there a way to download and update my licensed copy?

You can always find the latest AIDA64 stable and beta here: https://www.aida64.com/downloads, also you can use the built-in autoupdate feature too.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2021 at 6:31 PM, Mice007 said:

This seems like an odd

interference between various software running in the same time, like AI Suite or others that makes direct access to the hardware devices in question. Try to disable these software temporarly and check how AIDA64 works. 

You can always find the latest AIDA64 stable and beta here: https://www.aida64.com/downloads, also you can use the built-in autoupdate feature too.

I am just getting back to this. 

Disabling had no effect, but honestly, if it cannot run with AVG, dropbox, radeon control,  G HUB and steam plus my printer driver then it is broke. I feel these are common enough types of thngs to be running in the background, that they should be a problem.

Also, we need to address why I cannot see anything GPU related unless I down load a pre built display and even with a prebuilt display, not all parameters are reading.

Dan