Unable to detect G.Skill DIMM voltage (EVGA Z590 Dark)

Nereus

Per subject, AIDA64 does not seem to pick up current memory voltage from G.Skill memory. Worked fine when I had Corsair memory, but not with G.Skill. I'm trying to get the actual voltage, not XMP setting for voltage. Initially I couldn't get temperature either, but I went into AIDA64 > File > Preferences > Stability, and enabled "DIMM thermal sensor support" and that fixed that, but there doesn't seem to be any option for DIMM voltage or G.Skill compatibility.

This *may* be something to do with the BIOS as it is a relatively new motherboard - EVGA Z590 Dark (BIOS version 1.04), but I'd like to know if there's something I'm missing.

Appreciate any help.

1 hour ago, Nereus said:

Per subject, AIDA64 does not seem to pick up current memory voltage from G.Skill memory. Worked fine when I had Corsair memory, but not with G.Skill. I'm trying to get the actual voltage, not XMP setting for voltage. Initially I couldn't get temperature either, but I went into AIDA64 > File > Preferences > Stability, and enabled "DIMM thermal sensor support" and that fixed that, but there doesn't seem to be any option for DIMM voltage or G.Skill compatibility.

This *may* be something to do with the BIOS as it is a relatively new motherboard - EVGA Z590 Dark (BIOS version 1.04), but I'd like to know if there's something I'm missing.

Appreciate any help.

It's not the memory module per se, but more the fact that your motherboard uses a proprietary and quite unique, EC (Embedded Controller) based sensor solution that is not yet supported by AIDA64.  We'll work on it as soon as we can gather the necessary technical information on the EC of your motherboard.

• Like 1

• Fiery changed the title to Unable to detect G.Skill DIMM voltage (EVGA Z590 Dark)
7 hours ago, Fiery said:

It's not the memory module per se, but more the fact that your motherboard uses a proprietary and quite unique, EC (Embedded Controller) based sensor solution that is not yet supported by AIDA64.  We'll work on it as soon as we can gather the necessary technical information on the EC of your motherboard.

Ok thanks,figured it might be something like that. I have a few contacts inside EVGA if you need me to get hold of someone to help push things along.

On 8/21/2021 at 5:37 AM, Nereus said:

Ok thanks,figured it might be something like that. I have a few contacts inside EVGA if you need me to get hold of someone to help push things along.

If you could kindly ask one of your contacts to contact us about this matter, that would be very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 6:45 PM, Nereus said:

Also not picking up any motherboard fan header speeds whatsoever.  ..or Corsair iCue for that matter.

We've implemented proper sensor support for EVGA Z590 motherboards in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

So far so good, will do some more tests tonight, but certainly the DIMM voltage is there, lots of the VCC voltages, motherboard fan headers are showing, so far so good, thank you! Will update hopefully tonight.

There is an AUX fan that keeps appearing intermittently, although on further investigation I think it might be the 'internal' twin PWM fans that are part of the Z590 Dark motherboard for cooling the VRM.

Edited by Nereus
add note about AUX fan.

I have the EVGA Z590 FTW and this beta shows all my sensors too. Thank you.

A few weird things though and I don't know if it's related to the motherboard sensors or the specific components.

My EVGA CLC360 AIO shows up as a Krakan X-1. Pump (coolant) temp is working fine.

But it shows 2 pump speeds. "Water Pump" at 1400rpm and Krakan X-1 at 2800rpm.

However, the bios shows 1400rpm and EVGA Flow Control software shows 2800rpm.

And Flow Control won't load if AIDA64 is running. It says, "Device Not Found."

I have 3 Samsung 980 Pro nvme SSD's. SMART data shows up with temps. But only one shows the total read and write.

Since the Samsung 980 Pro's have been out for a while I'm wondering it it's connected to the motherboard issue.

Please treat the above message as FYI only.

AIDA64 is simply reporting what the motherboard is telling it. Although the "Krakan X-1 is obviously wrong.

The 2 of the NVMe drives are still missing the read & write totals.

But something has come up and I'm taking my system apart to get ready for a move so I cannot supply any data if needed.

I'll be out of action and back on my laptop for at least a couple of months.

Edited by FrankD3
Update