Still getting a consistently reproducible crash when leaving Aida64 to sit on the Memory Page.

Squall Leonhart

Sometimes i forget to switch back to one of the other pages after looking at the current memory stats (i mainly use it to see how much the page file is loaded).

Faulting application name: aida64.exe, version: 2.50.2018.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19

Faulting module name: aida64.exe, version: 2.50.2018.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19

Exception code: 0xc0000096

Fault offset: 0x002f6074

Faulting process id: 0x1334

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd51797c2d7dbe

Faulting application path: D:\Tools\System Tools\AIDA64\aida64.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Tools\System Tools\AIDA64\aida64.exe

Report Id: 39103caa-bd71-11e1-b497-a668464cb7fa

I was thinking it may have been a general exception or virtual alloc leak, but windows event viewer reported something much much different.

Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program AIDA64 Extreme Edition because of this error.

Program: AIDA64 Extreme Edition

File:

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.

User Action

1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.

2. If the file still cannot be accessed and

- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.

- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.

3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.

4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.

5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data

Error value: 00000000

Disk type: 0

Now thats a strange thing to report. The drive its on is still present in the system, i can subsequently restart Aida64 immediately after this crash and simply changing from the Memory page to any one of the others will have it work fine for ever after.

Do you have any Symbols i could use in windbg so i can attach the debugger and get a crash dump?