Time for AIDA64 to have Dark Mode [[ It's finally here! ]]

Kodo28

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2022 at 11:53 AM, Johnny Moore said:

This was requested as far back as 2016 and thought Admin said they were working on it then, thats why I wont update the one I had, just started running HWMonitor, they have it just not all the options Aida has but can live without to have dark theme

Just picked up the application yesterday, as I was told it was good for monitoring and stress testing. I went through the program, and like the monitoring and testing, but the lack of Dark Mode really sucks, so sticking with HWiNFO64 as far as monitoring goes. Any application that doesn't have a dark mode is huge turn off. 

• 8 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 7:37 PM, Fiery said:

Yes, we do have plans to unlock Dark Mode for the 2nd half of the year ;)

Of what year ?

For the love of god making a modern UI in windows nowadays is a piece of cake and not only supporting themes natively in windows as well as support for much more modern look. 

Just update your app look its 2023!

On 5/11/2023 at 1:27 AM, nerdyone said:

Of what year ?

For the love of god making a modern UI in windows nowadays is a piece of cake and not only supporting themes natively in windows as well as support for much more modern look. 

Just update your app look its 2023!

It's not easy at all since Microsoft still hasn't published a dark mode API for classic Windows applications.  We're working on it, but it's going slow due to the lack of proper API.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 12:44 PM, Fiery said:

It's not easy at all since Microsoft still hasn't published a dark mode API for classic Windows applications.  We're working on it, but it's going slow due to the lack of proper API.

Thanks for providing some insight on dark mode functionality on AIDA64!

I get that not having API access makes it very difficult, however, you guys dont need to make it a beautifully polished perfect dark mode. Id say most of us would be perfectly happy with a more temporary solution, thats not dark mode, but allows us to darken the backlight or something, with contrast, etc, if possible?

The dark mode is more important that you guys may realize, as a vast number of your past customer base was/is office professionals and such, so they dont need dark mode, but now, alot of your newer customers are at home, diy, or streamers in the PC entusiast space and I can tell you from being in both camps, that white screen is rough after you leave the overluminescence of current office spaces and get home - even mid day!

Again though, thanks for the insight!

Microsoft has grown to large. They need some humbling!

11 hours ago, jzilla80 said:

I get that not having API access makes it very difficult, however, you guys dont need to make it a beautifully polished perfect dark mode. Id say most of us would be perfectly happy with a more temporary solution, thats not dark mode, but allows us to darken the backlight or something, with contrast, etc, if possible?

The dark mode is more important that you guys may realize, as a vast number of your past customer base was/is office professionals and such, so they dont need dark mode, but now, alot of your newer customers are at home, diy, or streamers in the PC entusiast space and I can tell you from being in both camps, that white screen is rough after you leave the overluminescence of current office spaces and get home - even mid day!

Yes, we're working on a gradual implementation of the dark mode in AIDA64.  First we need to simplify the UI to make it much easier to implement dark mode.  Stay tuned ;)

On 7/14/2023 at 12:37 AM, jzilla80 said:

Plus now OLED monitors are becoming common and dark mode makes them last longer and consume less power. So now it's no longer just a health issue but could also bring tangible benefits to monitor lifetime and power consumption.

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2023 at 2:44 AM, Fiery said:

https://github.com/ysc3839/win32-darkmode/tree/delayload

Technically it works on 10 as well, but there are some things to be concerned about, such as scroll bars, and the menu bar.

• 4 weeks later...

oh guys, I registered here just to tell you, please make a dark theme already. literally your program is simply impossible to use when evening comes... launching the program at night is simply unbearable... guys, why don't you take this problem seriously and finally release this damn dark theme?

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, ColumbianSinusSauceEnjoyer said:

I only registered to say that it is quite ridiculous that the program doesn't have a dark mode yet...

Sooooooooo many applications have dark mode. It's becoming a bit goofy. Please add dark theme, the light theme burns your eyes when used at night.

Thank you for your constructive criticism.  Please note that dark mode is already under development.  We expect to roll it out in multiple phases, first phase in Q1 or Q2 this year (most likely Q1).

• 3 weeks later...

@Kodo28  @Johnny Moore  @iec950cb  @TimmyTango  @silvia95guy  @nerdyone  @cepy7  @jzilla80  @Tomorrow  @Squall Leonhart  @Madjestik85  @ColumbianSinusSauceEnjoyer

Dark Mode is here:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

We've added not one, but 3 different dark mode styles: gray, black and blue.  You can switch theme in Preferences / General / Theme.

It works only with Windows 10 and 11.

Please note that only 90% of AIDA64 got "darkened", a few bits & pieces are still fixed as light themed, most prominently the Disk Benchmark and Monitor Diagnostics modules.  We will work on "darkening" the rest of the application in the upcoming weeks.

Also, it's best to use the same theme setting in Windows and AIDA64.  When you use light theme in Windows, dark theme in AIDA64 will not look entirely dark.  This is due to Windows limitation.

Let us know if you can see something off, and post your impressions, ideas, suggestions and questions about the new feature into this topic.

• Fiery changed the title to Time for AIDA64 to have Dark Mode [[ It's finally here! ]]
  • 1 month later...