RSLCD Viewer - An App for viewing RemoteSensor Panels

IAmOrion

I have released a much updated version of my RSLCD Viewer.

Features:

- Window remembers its size & position
- Draggable to be placed anywhere you like

What's New:

- Changed the Settings UI in general
- Added URL Setting
- Added TCP/IP Port Setting
- Added Window Snapping
- Added Window Snapping Distance Setting
- Added Run at Startup
- Added Always On Top
- Added "Settings always on Primary Monitor" Setting
- Portable EXE now just 6mb

Hopefully most of those option will be obvious.  I added "Settings always on Primary Monitor" as an option so that if desired, the settings *should* always show on what your version of Windows has defined as the Primary Monitor.  This prevents being unable to see the settings because they show up on a 5" screen for example.

Settings Screenshot:

settngs.png.0190d09a682d19f92d71774680b45c12.png

Video Demo:

Download

Release - https://github.com/IAmOrion/RSLCD-Viewer/releases/tag/beta
Source Code - https://github.com/IAmOrion/RSLCD-Viewer

Change Log:

11/07/2022 - Source Uploaded to GitHub & Beta 1 Released.
                            Settings page updated, new functions include window snapping, always on top, url, port, run at startup

3/07/2022 - Program announced & Alpha Released

Intro

Right.... So I LOVE the RSLCD concept, but don't wanna keep faffing with browser blah blah.... I wanted a simple, minimal, stand-alone app I could launch 

So, in the last 6 hours, I've installed Visual Studio 2022, learned some basic c#, learned c# windows applications (Both WinForms & WPF methods), and then I've put together what I'm calling the "RSLCD Browser" .

So, here's the details for the Alpha build...

LCD > Enable RemoteSensor LCD Support -- This MUST be enabled.  Please ensure TCP/IP Port is 80 (default)

When you run the program, it will open to the top left most of your screen.  Simply drag the window anywhere you want by left clicking your mouse then dragging!  When you exit the program, it will remember it's window location the next time it restarts.  This includes size, position, and even which monitor it's on.

There's no taskbar icon, only a System Tray Icon that will show up.  Right clicking the system tray icon will give you 2 options.  Settings, and Exit.  Exit should be obvious.  Settings will open up a simple settings window where you can set the panel size.  By default it starts on 800x480.  Adjust your numbers, hit save.  the main window will automatically resize to your settings.

There is no "Title bar" or any other controls on the main window - it is purely the RSLCD Panel (Basically a web browser - it uses the webView2 component from MS)

I want to stress that this is purely an ALPHA build.  Minimalistic and crude would be an understatement 

Things to add in future versions:

- Option to set URL (Although currently AIDA64 user localost/127.0.0.1 with no option for anything else BUT this app could be used with a different remotesensor monitoring thing I guess should one exist)

- Option to set TCP/IP Port

- Option to "Run on startup"

I've only tested this on my Windows 11 PC
.NET 4.7.2 framework is required however most Windows computers will (should?) have this already.

Screenshots

Main window with settings also showing (The Animated Sonic RSLCD is from this thread)

screenshot1.png.367cd3cf73e086cea58e2c8ec3a7049f.png

Icon

icon.png.ba6b0ccf9e14a1d6743b7b94e1fd877d.png

Icon right click (context menu)

contextmenu.png.51ffd70ac5f3b217c50190407537e55d.png

Notes

Fair warning, it's a 20mb .exe file (ZIP Compressed to 6mb to share) - I have done zero research on optimizing etc.  This is simply the file size as it was created via Visual Studio as an AIO file (Meaning all required .dll files etc etc are packaged into the exe similar to a portable app)

I'm open to other ideas/suggestions, constructive feedback etc but PLEASE, I've learned, created, published this in like 6 hours starting from zero knowledge ha so don't expect miracles requests to happen overnight!

Once it's been a little more refined I will upload source to GitHub 

370919421_RSLCDBrowser-Alpha1.0.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Exhumed said:

I don't know if I'll ever use it, but thanks for your effort and work.

Part of the reason I made it is because a) I love the RSLCDs that can use animated GIFs etc and didn't want to faff with browsers for it, but also b) I have 2 additional monitors for AIDA64 Stats - a 5" and a 10.3".  I want a panel with primarily FPS on my 5", and all other stats etc on the 10.3" 

With this program, I can create a basic sensor panel with just FPS etc for the 5", then I can *also* create a nice RemoteSensor Panel and use this app I made to view it.  That way I have 2 different monitoring panels with diff designs and different data etc :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

do i need to download the source code as well? and the big question. i have a 480x800 monitor but i stopped using it and have my sensor panel on my second monitor. i share my second monitor between discord and my sensor panel will this work that way? here is a pic if you need it to see what i mean.

Untitled1.jpg

On 7/20/2022 at 8:27 PM, Öld Ðad said:

do i need to download the source code as well? and the big question. i have a 480x800 monitor but i stopped using it and have my sensor panel on my second monitor. i share my second monitor between discord and my sensor panel will this work that way? here is a pic if you need it to see what i mean.

Untitled1.jpg

Apologies for the delayed response, for some reason I didn't get notified of your comment!

No, Source Code is only if you want to inspect the code, or modify something to suit your needs.

My RSLCD viewer will be whatever size you set it, and can be positioned anywhere so yes you could use this the same way as the dark themed part of your screenshot.  Eg the sensor on the right, and discord to the left of it.

Absolutely perfect - this is the answer to the complaint that kept me from using rslcd panels .. I absolutely did NOT want to use any browser for this from a resource and security aspect.

Awesome project ...  ***** !

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tacyon said:

Absolutely perfect - this is the answer to the complaint that kept me from using rslcd panels .. I absolutely did NOT want to use any browser for this from a resource and security aspect.

Awesome project ...  ***** !

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

• 3 weeks later...

Any reason why microsoft virus scanner has flagged and deleted your file as a virus??

Replaced it with the file from my original DL from github. Also detected as a virus. Tried a new DL and WinRAR says it corrupt. Online scanner seems to agree with Microsoft Bitdefender.

What say you?

image.png.40468eba1368f4932e898f174a705801.png

image.thumb.png.843131e2a78a2c898fb83f12d893bda3.png

11 hours ago, Tacyon said:

Any reason why microsoft virus scanner has flagged and deleted your file as a virus??

Replaced it with the file from my original DL from github. Also detected as a virus. Tried a new DL and WinRAR says it corrupt. Online scanner seems to agree with Microsoft Bitdefender.

What say you?

image.png.40468eba1368f4932e898f174a705801.png

image.thumb.png.843131e2a78a2c898fb83f12d893bda3.png

This has been touched upon before - google search digital signatures on windows and compiling from Visual Studio, as well as packers

Long story short is that apps compiled via Visual Studio that are NOT signed and can trigger false positives.  I also "packed" the program - so all runtimes and dlls are "packed" into a single exe file for easier download, running, and portability.  Packers can ALSO trigger false positives.  I'm pro open-source, but part of that reason to be pro open source  is because of times like this when AV gives false reports.  The source code is available to view, check out, inspect and see for yourself there's nothing malicious or dodgy in it.

Blame the  AV for false flagging it, the problem isn't in the app itself so to speak

... and that is the "good reason" I was looking for. I am not a coder so I'd just see Greek if I were to review your code.. but as an IT support person we run into these occasionally and have to do our "due diligence" before excluding it from our scan systems ... this one was just mis-tagged by more than I care to simply wave off.

Thank you very much for your quick reply ..

to everyone else reading this .. nothing to see here . .. move along .. move along. :)

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/6/2022 at 6:02 AM, IAmOrion said:

I have released a much updated version of my RSLCD Viewer.

Features:

- Window remembers its size & position
- Draggable to be placed anywhere you like

What's New:

- Changed the Settings UI in general
- Added URL Setting
- Added TCP/IP Port Setting
- Added Window Snapping
- Added Window Snapping Distance Setting
- Added Run at Startup
- Added Always On Top
- Added "Settings always on Primary Monitor" Setting
- Portable EXE now just 6mb

Hopefully most of those option will be obvious.  I added "Settings always on Primary Monitor" as an option so that if desired, the settings *should* always show on what your version of Windows has defined as the Primary Monitor.  This prevents being unable to see the settings because they show up on a 5" screen for example.

Settings Screenshot:

settngs.png.0190d09a682d19f92d71774680b45c12.png

Video Demo:

Download

Release - https://github.com/IAmOrion/RSLCD-Viewer/releases/tag/beta
Source Code - https://github.com/IAmOrion/RSLCD-Viewer

Change Log:

11/07/2022 - Source Uploaded to GitHub & Beta 1 Released.
                            Settings page updated, new functions include window snapping, always on top, url, port, run at startup

3/07/2022 - Program announced & Alpha Released

370919421_RSLCDBrowser-Alpha1.0.zip 5.12 MB · 262 downloads

Thanks, this was a big help to me!! I have a doubt about the settings, for me, the interface is different from what is in the image, and the resolution always goes back to the default whenever I start the application, would there be any way to keep my resolution always? Thank you one more time!!
image.thumb.png.7a7f0a2761140a83873db437fa85a719.pngimage.png.f9ce40e2043c75f67acaf26725afd3b5.png

• 3 weeks later...