Asus AI Suite and Aida64

Soul--Reaver

Hi

I've got an Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard and to manage all of my fans i require AI Suite II to be installed.

As i understood it, since Aida64 2.60 Aida64 uses a different method to retrieve sensor information when AI Suite is installed and when it is not installed.

For various reasons i want to Aida64 to use the method for when Ai Suite II is not installed while AI Suite II is installed. How can i do this? I could not find anything in the stability tab about this so for now i'm still stuck on Aida64 2.50

Kind regards

Swen Kruiper

It's absolutely not recommended to have the low-level register access when AI Suite is installed, since it would cause various issues, e.g. fan alerts (when they are spinning fine), system lockup, voltage delivery issues, etc. AIDA64 automatically detects AI Suite, and when it is installed, AIDA64 will use the AI Suite method based on ATKEX calls.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah well the problem is that AI Suite II has a serious issue with the Sabertooth Z77 where:

- it would randomly crash the whole system and the only way to turn the system back on is to remove the 24 pins power cable or the power cable to the wall. (this would happen at a average of once a week)

- Randomly control will be lost over Chassis fan 1 and 3 which would make them run at around 95% speed permanently until reboot. (this would happen at average of once every 2 days)

As long as i don't run the Ai Suite II main program (normally started by the task manager which i have currently disabled) there is no problem. The windows services installed by AI Suite seem to not have any issues if they keep running though.

Above problems, or at least the second issue with the fans, occurs both with Aida64 2.60 and 2.70 while the AI Suite II main program is not running (the services are running though). Most likely because your are using the services AI Suite normally uses.

You might understand that i would be very glad if Aida64 would not use AI Suite services as it is really not good for my system and that i would be able to set it back to aida64 2.50 methods. I would uninstall AI Suite if i had the change but i'm afraid i can't because there is currently no program that can manage the 2 assistant fans properly

I currently have a perfectly stable system running Aida64 2.50 and would like it to stay that way while i upgrade Aida64 to 2.70

Needed to completely disable the Asus COM service as Aida64 tries to start it.

After a reboot 2 other Asus services (among them the all important AsusFanControlService) would not run anymore so i had to enable the Asus COM service again and downgrade Aida64 back to 2.50

So the theory worked but it caused other issues. So i'm back to square one

Personally i still feel that this is something that belongs in the stability tab of Aida64 but it seems that people here (at least the ones that posted in this topic) do not agree

Fiery, we can discuss this as long as we want but i've made my case. If you have anymore ideas i'm ready to hear them and if not i would appreciate a straight answer whether or not above suggested addition will be considered or denied

I appreciate the support

• Like 1

The "final" solution will definitely be the new option on the Stability page of the Preferences. We'll add that soon, and I'll post a message into this topic once a new beta of AIDA64 -- with the requested change implemented -- becomes available.

We've implemented the requested new option on the Preferences / Stability page in the following new beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2222jv3z7yfrsbzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

I have to be honest. I expected this to be added in a future release, not in a new build as this was not really a bug (at least not one in Aida64). Not that i'm complaining, Aida64 just exceeded expectations. Which is a good thing :D

Thanks

I've updated Aida64 and disabled the atkex setting in the stability tab. If i have any issues i'll post them here

• 1 month later...

I have to be honest. I expected this to be added in a future release, not in a new build as this was not really a bug (at least not one in Aida64). Not that i'm complaining, Aida64 just exceeded expectations. Which is a good thing :D

Thanks

I've updated Aida64 and disabled the atkex setting in the stability tab. If i have any issues i'll post them here

I'm in the same situation as yourself. If I disable asus services then fan xpert 2 wont work & my chasis fans run at 100%. How did you get round this?

how do you control your fans please?

• 1 year later...