7950x cpu temp issue.

Lahabria

On 10/25/2022 at 1:58 PM, Fiery said:

Thank you!  We're investigating the issue.  Do you guys have Ryzen Master installed?  We now suspect that it may be a collision between that and AIDA64.  BTW, the issue affects older motherboards (e.g. MSI X570) and other 3rd party monitoring software (e.g. HWiNFO64) too.

This may not be an Aida64 issue, the Asus x670e Hero Q-Code also is locked on the CPU temp. Putting Windows into sleep mode and wake up will unlock it, then Aida and Q-Code panel shows the right CPU temp.

4 hours ago, Mach said:

This may not be an Aida64 issue, the Asus x670e Hero Q-Code also is locked on the CPU temp. Putting Windows into sleep mode and wake up will unlock it, then Aida and Q-Code panel shows the right CPU temp.

So far our conclusion is also that the issue is rather rooted in the firmware (BIOS) handling the onboard sensor chip incorrectly than a bug in AIDA64.

Makes sense. I did try to have the led display the bios code instead of the temperature (you can do that in the bios) and that did not help. Only thing that helped so far is sleep. Although, why is Aida64 only showing the CPU temp taken by the MB and not the temps reported by the CPU itself (like HWinfo does)?

7 hours ago, Amit Paz said:

Makes sense. I did try to have the led display the bios code instead of the temperature (you can do that in the bios) and that did not help. Only thing that helped so far is sleep. Although, why is Aida64 only showing the CPU temp taken by the MB and not the temps reported by the CPU itself (like HWinfo does)?

Good question!

19 hours ago, Amit Paz said:

We will add CPU diode temperature measurement for Raphael CPUs in the next AIDA64 beta update.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mach said:

Another thing I noticed and to add to this CPU temp freezing is that when Windows is boot up without having Aida64 to load with Windows, the temp works. Once I manually launched Aida64 then the temp freezes again.

You can actually start up Aida and use a lot of its features without locking the temp, you just can't activate the sensors, either via the regular UI or by starting up a Sensorpanel.  If you have Sensorpanel enabled in Aida, disable it and reboot.  Then you can at least use Aida to view regular system info, run benchmarks, etc.

1 hour ago, Qwinn said:

You can actually start up Aida and use a lot of its features without locking the temp, you just can't activate the sensors, either via the regular UI or by starting up a Sensorpanel.  If you have Sensorpanel enabled in Aida, disable it and reboot.  Then you can at least use Aida to view regular system info, run benchmarks, etc.

Aida64 SensorPanel is vital for my daily use, one of the reason I get Aida64 in the first place. I even have a 7" LCD display to show the SensorPanel at all time.

I also realized under AIda64 Preferences/Stability that "Low-Level sensor operations" causes the BIOS to stop reporting/freeze the CPU temp. Of course this sensor option is needed for my SensorPanel modules that I have in it.

For the record and to save folks time, the new beta release does not stop the CPU package temp lock, at least not on a x670e Crossfire Extreme running bios 0705.  I haven't updated to 0805 because it apparently doesn't fix the issue either.

Fiery, has there been any communication from Aida to Asus on the nature of the problem so they're aware they need to resolve it?  If so, did they acknowledge the problem is theirs?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

@Amit Paz The above mentioned new AIDA64 beta update can now be downloaded from:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Thank you Fiery, currently on the beta v6217 and as, the CPU Diode temp works but as Qwinn motioned, I can also confirm that on ASUS ROG x670e Hero, the CPU temp and CPU package temp gets locked with the Aida64 Low-Level sensor operation enabled.

11 minutes ago, Mach said:

Thank you Fiery, currently on the beta v6217, the CPU Diode temp works but as Qwinn motioned, I can also confirm that on ASUS ROG x670e Hero, the CPU temp and CPU package temp gets locked with the Aida64 Low-Level sensor operation enabled.

Thank you for your feedback!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...