7950x cpu temp issue.

Lahabria

On 12/5/2022 at 12:21 PM, plzt said:

I have a 7900X on an Asus X670E-E and had almost no sensors available. The beta software has now unlocked the majority of items thanks!

Is your CPU temp gets locked if you use AIDA64 Low-Level sensor on that board?

+1

- 7900X cpu on Asus TUF x670e-plus wifi motherboard, Armoury Crate is installed. Bios version is 0821.
- The cpu temperature only gets locked once aida64 sensor panel is started.
- sleeping and waking the computer is working as a temporary workaround.

• Like 1

+1

Same like @hosty but other mainboard

- 7900X cpu on Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi motherboard, Armoury Crate is installed. Bios version is 0821.
- The cpu and mainboard temperatures only get locked once aida64 sensor panel is started.
- sleeping and waking the computer is working as a temporary workaround.

- HWInfo works fine

My main issue is CPU and CPU Package Temp doesn't show up as an option in the Temperatures menu. I feel like my issue is AIDA64 isn't pointing to my CPU Temp or CPU Package Temp Sensor to pull those readings.

Same issue as everyone else described, except my CPU Temp DOESN'T lock up when I open AIDA64 Extreme. I have a prebuilt sensor panel from Amazon that reads the CPU Temp just fine (but wanted to upgrade to AIDA64 Sensor Panel for more info to monitor). I have an Asus MB with Armoury Crate which displays the CPU Temp correctly and I can adjust the fan speeds there, as well as HWiNFO which also displays the temps correctly. I recently tried updating to the latest BIOS and most recent stable AIDA64 version with no change.

I downloaded an awesome Sensor Panel and tweaked some info and changed the aspect ratio to 800x480 to fit on my 7" screen I ordered (lots of work to resize all the .png files). That's why there's a big N/A for the CPU Temp in the attached image.

I tried the Sleep option, but no change happened.

I'm also running Windows 10 Home. I'm not sure that has anything to do with this or not.

AIDA64 Extreme (Version 6.85.6300)

Asus ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi II (BIOS 1601)

Intel Core i7-11700K 11th Gen

Not Showing CPU Temp as an option.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 11:03 AM, Lahabria said:

Good morning, 

Having a strange issue with AIDA64 Engineer. 

Everything seems to be working except CPU and CPU Package temperatures. 

After startup it seems to read the sensor then freezes, it doesn't update.

GPU and other temperatures seems to work. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running the stable version and the beta version and same results. 

I can see the temperatures working fine using ICue / HWInfo.

I also tried AIDA64 Extreme and same results. 

ROG Strix X670E-A
Ryzen 9 7950x
RTX 3090

Have Icue and Steelseries GG running

@Qwinn  @nin6996  @DBentt  @Amit Paz  @Martin Piotrowski  @JarleH  @Mach  @Sayoung  @plzt  @hosty  @odt_jarvis  @Tomas914  @A Blade Of Grass  @ozkr_tech

We've fixed the suck CPU temperature issue about Asus X670 motherboards in the latest AIDA64 beta build available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

20 hours ago, Fiery said:

@Qwinn  @nin6996  @DBentt  @Amit Paz  @Martin Piotrowski  @JarleH  @Mach  @Sayoung  @plzt  @hosty  @odt_jarvis  @Tomas914  @A Blade Of Grass  @ozkr_tech

We've fixed the suck CPU temperature issue about Asus X670 motherboards in the latest AIDA64 beta build available at:

Ok, we are getting there. BUT isnt it even possible to read the temps on each core for the AMD Ryzen 7000 series?!

On 1/10/2023 at 5:37 PM, Fiery said:

Hi Fiery.  Appreciate the attention to the problem, but still getting stuck CPU Package temp when starting sensorpanel on Aida64 beta 6.85.6318 on X670E Crosshair Extreme as well.

On 1/14/2023 at 10:17 PM, Qwinn said:

Hi Fiery.  Appreciate the attention to the problem, but still getting stuck CPU Package temp when starting sensorpanel on Aida64 beta 6.85.6318 on X670E Crosshair Extreme as well.

@ozkr_tech  @Mach  @JarleH 

Thank you for the feedback.  Please check the following new beta build too:

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

@ozkr_tech  @Mach  @JarleH 

Thank you for the feedback.  Please check the following new beta build too:

Hi Fiery.  Great news!  Far as I can tell, 6.85.6318 6.85.6323 does fix the problem.  I can run sensorpanel now without locking CPU Package temp.  I did not check the other temps others have remarked on, but the most important temp that controls the fans seems to be okay now.  (Edited to correct version number that fixes the issue)

2 hours ago, Qwinn said:

Hi Fiery.  Great news!  Far as I can tell, 6.85.6318 6.85.6323 does fix the problem.  I can run sensorpanel now without locking CPU Package temp.  I did not check the other temps others have remarked on, but the most important temp that controls the fans seems to be okay now.  (Edited to correct version number that fixes the issue)

Good! Now I just wonder if its possible to also see temps of the individual cores ::mellow:

New Aida64 v6323 is out, now i can confirm all the issues with the CPU temp lock on Asus Prime x670-P motherboard has been completely fixed. 

All 3 sensor options work as expected: CPU, CPU Package and CPU Diode.

Remember to restart the computer after upgrading to the new beta version before the changes actually takes effect. (it might give false positive of not working if the computer is not restarted after the aida64 upgrade)

Thanks @Fiery and the Aida64 team for great effort!

Cheers!

But to everyone here; the Aida64 wrong reading is not just a Aida64 problem, it effects whole machine. If you set your fans to speed of the CPU temp, they also will spin up due to the 'false' reading of the CPU temp.

I am pretty sure Asus needs to fix this with a BIOS update.