Any App for Razer DeathStalker Ultimate?

Skuggan

Hi there,

I'm currently using a G19, but due to poor soldering wich made me replace my keyboard two times already within 5 months from the original purchase, I'm going to change keyboard to a Razer DeathStalker Ultimate instead, but I'm curious if there is any support for it's LCD-screen in Aida64?

Or maybe there are some App for it already?

Thanks!

Razer products don't seem to feature an open SDK like G15/G19, so I'm not sure what can we do to make AIDA64 work with it. If you could convince Razer to help us about it, then we'd be happy to implement support for DeathStalker. BTW, about a year ago we've contacted Razer about implementing support for the multi-touch LCD screen of Blade gaming laptop in AIDA64, but we haven't received any meaningful answer from Razer. So based on that, we have to assume they prefer to deal with game software developers...

I got a reply, looks like they want you to register on their forums as a developer. Maybe you already did that before without success?

Greetings,

Thanks for contacting Razer Support, my name is Rev and I will be assisting you today.

Thanks for your suggestion and we will update to our development team on this. Plus you can check on our forum for customize program. Below is the link :

http://www.razerzone...e-ui/developers

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Razer Support Team

They escalated the ticket to Tier 2 support, and here is their reply. I hope it helps you making an app for this keyboard, it looks much better than the g19 atleast wich in my opinions have a too small screen. Anyway, I'm waiting until it works on the keyboard before I buy it.

Hey Patrik,

We are working on many new apps for the SBUI and new ones are going to be released all the time. If you would like to look into developing your own apps, please visit: http://www.razerzone.com/press/detail/press-releases/razer-software-development-kit-for-switchblade-ui-now-available

Best Regards,

Sean M.

Razer Support Tier II

It's not entirely helpful, since as far as I can see, there's no direct download for the SDK. But now we've registered into RazerZone forums in a hope that there's someone there who can help us. We've also sent another email to Razer to request permission to access the SDK. Let's hope one of those channels would lead to results this time.

We've got the SDK, and ordered a DeathStalker Ultimate keyboard from the local Razer distributor. They said delivery is only expected early next year, so please expect the actual development of this feature to commence only in Q1 2013. I'll let you know in this topic how things develop around this feature request.

• 2 weeks later...

Razer products don't seem to feature an open SDK like G15/G19, so I'm not sure what can we do to make AIDA64 work with it. If you could convince Razer to help us about it, then we'd be happy to implement support for DeathStalker. BTW, about a year ago we've contacted Razer about implementing support for the multi-touch LCD screen of Blade gaming laptop in AIDA64, but we haven't received any meaningful answer from Razer. So based on that, we have to assume they prefer to deal with game software developers...

I will try to mail them about the idea :)

But one question, could you update aida64 to support ingame on screen display like MSI afterburner has? And with theese statistics?

cpu usage and temperature

Gpu usage and temperature for 1-4 gpu's

Ram usage/free ram

Free video memory/Video memory usage

Fps counter

Edit; I have now sendt a mail to Razer to make them open the sourcecode of the Deathstalker ultimate to support Aida 64 and hoping that they will accept the request.

I will try to mail them about the idea :)

Edit; I have now sendt a mail to Razer to make them open the sourcecode of the Deathstalker ultimate to support Aida 64 and hoping that they will accept the request.

We've already got the SDK -- check my previous post above ;)

But one question, could you update aida64 to support ingame on screen display like MSI afterburner has? And with theese statistics?

cpu usage and temperature

Gpu usage and temperature for 1-4 gpu's

Ram usage/free ram

Free video memory/Video memory usage

Fps counter

I'm not sure what you mean. AIDA64 already measures all of those, except for the FPS counter. You can configure graphs with AIDA64 SensorPanel to display all those information on a single SensorPanel.

We've already got the SDK -- check my previous post above ;)

I'm not sure what you mean. AIDA64 already measures all of those, except for the FPS counter. You can configure graphs with AIDA64 SensorPanel to display all those information on a single SensorPanel.

Ah good, then i really look forward of gettin the Deathstalker ultimate! :D

I saw it now, it has all the info i needed, but how can i make it to stick to only being shown ingame?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We've asked the local Razer distributor again about availability on the DeathStalker Ultimate.  If they cannot deliver the hardware soon, then we'll order one from A**zon.

AIDA64 fully supports Logitech gaming keyboards with built-in LCD screen, including G19s.

• 2 weeks later...

We've asked the local Razer distributor again about availability on the DeathStalker Ultimate.  If they cannot deliver the hardware soon, then we'll order one from A**zon.

AIDA64 fully supports Logitech gaming keyboards with built-in LCD screen, including G19s.

is there any news on new apps for the keyboard? I have the deathstalker ultimate and I would really like the get my CPU temps on the screen but the best I can do at the mo is get it to show the CPU usage! Which is cool but not what I want. Any info on this would be brilliant.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Last news were from Juli 2013. So what's up now???

Would it be possible that this will work with the DeathStalker Ultimate at all?

Or not? It seems that thís idea/consideration is frozen/on ice!? I hope not!!!

To show CPU, GPU Values etc. on the lcd display that would be very usefull so

please do something that this will work together!

I'm sorry for the delays.  We're getting close to finalizing the Razer SwitchBlade LCD support for AIDA64.  As soon as it gets ready (should happen in cca. 1 or 2 weeks from now), I'll post a download link to a new AIDA64 beta release into this topic. Stay tuned ;)

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2631xjbvz0sn9czip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

You can enable Razer SwitchBlade LCD support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD.  Once it is enabled, the Preferences window will automatically be resized to accomodate the 800x480 pixel LCD preview area.  You can then configure the LCD layout similarly to how SensorPanel and Logitech LCD configuration works.  You can use the first 4 Dynamic Keys to switch between the 4 pages of the LCD.  You can use Dynamic Key #5 to go to open the LCD configuration panel (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD Items).

One thing that doesn't seem to work is putting images under the dynamic keys.  We suspect it is due to a bug in the SwitchBlade SDK.  We've asked Razer through their forum about this, and will push them to fix it up if it is indeed a SDK bug.

Let me know how it works on your system ;)

Thanks, it is working. But one question - how to start the LCD application ? If i set Aida64 to run at startup, my Switchblade LCD shows all Aida64 information and everything is running smoothly. But once i switch to another app on my lcd, then only way to switch back to Aida64 is to close Aida64 and run it again.

Thanks, it is working. But one question - how to start the LCD application ? If i set Aida64 to run at startup, my Switchblade LCD shows all Aida64 information and everything is running smoothly. But once i switch to another app on my lcd, then only way to switch back to Aida64 is to close Aida64 and run it again.

Thank you for the feedback.  I'm afraid the current Razer SDK doesn't implement a facility to handle such application switching.  Or at least we cannot find any API calls to get back control over the LCD after you've switched to another application.  We'll ask Razer about this, there must be a solution.

Razer very quickly responded the following:

"You can press and hold the Razer Home key until the Razer Task Manager appears. It should show all the running apps including yours (assumming you did not close it when you receive the de-activate). You can scroll until you find your app's last screen, then simply tap on it. When you're app gets published in Synapse and the user assigned it to a dynamic key, the user can simply go back to Razer Home and press that dynamic key. Your app would get re-activated."

We'll work on getting AIDA64 published on Synapse ;)