CPU Temp stuck at 40C (Asus Rampage IV Extreme)

etoel

Hi

For the last months I've had a problem with my temp readings on the CPU - after a while it is stuck at 40C and the only way to get it back is to restart the computer (restart of aida64 is not enough). The cores and CPU package are still fine.

I haven't done anything to my configuration, but have added the setting "Write values to WMI" under external applications to feed Aquasuite.

Aida64 version: v270.2250 Beta

MB: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

Bios: 1101

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

1) Do you mean the temperature reading labelled as "CPU" is always 40 Celsius, no matter if the system is under load or at idle?

2) Do you have Asus AI Suite installed?

3) Do you have any other hardware monitoring, tweaking or overclocking application running in the background?

Thanks,

Fiery

Hi and thanks,

Yes I mean that the CPU reading always reads 40C after a while. If I reboot it works well for maybe a day and then it gets stuck at 40 - regardless of load. The cores are OK.

It may be the BIOS of course, but since I have had it working just fine before using this BIOS it doesn't really support that theory.

I do not have the Asus AI suite installed.

The only monitoring software I have is AquaSuite - monitoring the watercooling - it reads from Aida via WMI.

• 2 weeks later...

It's quite odd. AIDA64 uses the standard method for Asus boards with Intel processors, to read CPU temperature. If it gets stuck, while it works on other systems, then I suppose it is either a BIOS issue or some hardware malfunction related to the CPU diode temperature readout logic of your motherboard.

It may very well be a malfunction. I can try to use another tool to verify this.

It's just strange that the cores can still be read :(

I also see that GPU2 Diode also flickers on/off (visible in aida not visible).

Clearly an issue with the board. Just to take heat out of the equation - where on the board can I position a fan to cool that logic?

• 6 months later...

Hello,
I have the problem also for three weeks ... CPU Tempreratur reading is suddenly standing at 52C degrees. CPU Package CPU cores and be read normally.
Only a restart of the computer fixes the problem.
In addition, the ausgelsenen temperature values ​​of the CPU and CPU package to a degree Celsius are equal
Borad is a X79-UD5 Bios F13s and an Intel Core i7-3930K.

AIDA64 AIDA64 v3.00.2552 Beta is the latest.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you

google translation

• 3 weeks later...

AIDA64 reads CPU temperature from the 3rd temperature register of the sensor chip of the X79-UD5 motherboard.  What you wrote to me sounds like a BIOS issue, or a collision between AIDA64 and another monitoring software.  Try to upgrade the BIOS to the latest one, and temporarily uninstall other monitoring software that you may have installed.

I´ve had  this problem too a while ago, however not the past few months (keeping fingers crossed...).

I did some research back then and from what i´ve found, it´s most likely not related to software, motherboard or bios, but caused by an faulty sensor directly inside the cpu.

In my case, when the temperature got stuck and i rebooted and went into bios, the cpu temperature would read absurd values there (even negative values).

Shutting down the PC and completely cutting power for a few seconds would fix the problem.

im having the same issue too, just started

CPU reading always reads 40C until i re boot then drops back to 25c on idle

i73930k at 4.5 (liquid cooled)

Asus RE4 (liquid cooled)

Aida64 CPU 24

Aida64 CPU #1 32

Aida64 CPU #3 27

Aida64 CPU #4 30

Aida64 CPU #5 35

Bios Version 4002

im having the same issue too, just started

CPU reading always reads 40C until i re boot then drops back to 25c on idle

i73930k at 4.5 (liquid cooled)

Asus RE4 (liquid cooled)

Aida64 CPU 24

Aida64 CPU #1 32

Aida64 CPU #3 27

Aida64 CPU #4 30

Aida64 CPU #5 35

Bios Version 4002

On Asus ROG motherboards, when you've got AI Suite II installed, it's best activating Asus ATKEX sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.  It may help in your case ;)  If you decide to give it a try, then first please make sure to have the latest AIDA64 beta release:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2571jfzsxrb3qdzip

the link you posted is for the trial version 2571 but the sites latest beta is 2578 which one should we use?

I tried the beta 2578 and no change, hopefully you will find a fix for this soon

Beta 2578 is the latest and greatest beta release ;)  We believe the stuck temperature issue is more a BIOS or Asus software/service issue than an AIDA64 bug.  If both with and without ATKEX sensor support the temperature readout stucks, then I'm afraid we cannot do anything more to get around that issue :(