Lost a fan (Gigabyte B760I Aorus Pro DDR4)

Loyd

With the update I no longer have chassis 1 fan, just CPU, CPU OPT and GPU ( only one of the 2).  I have rebooted no change.  as 64 only reports 3 out of my 10 fans, the others go thru a razer controller, That is a quarter of the reportable fans.  Like to have them back,,,Gigabyte B760i ddr4 mini-ITX system board with an i5-12600KF CPU, ASUS RX 5700 XT GPU

46 minutes ago, Loyd said:

With the update I no longer have chassis 1 fan, just CPU, CPU OPT and GPU ( only one of the 2).  I have rebooted no change.  as 64 only reports 3 out of my 10 fans, the others go thru a razer controller, That is a quarter of the reportable fans.  Like to have them back,,,Gigabyte B760i ddr4 mini-ITX system board with an i5-12600KF CPU, ASUS RX 5700 XT GPU

In AIDA64 please press Ctrl+Alt+D --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

• Fiery changed the title to Lost a fan (Gigabyte B760I Aorus Pro DDR4)
17 hours ago, Loyd said:

here is the requested fil

Thank you.  We've checked the sensor chip registers, but we can only find 2 fans spinning there.  Are you sure your motherboard can monitor the 3rd fan properly?  Can you see it having a meaningful RPM value reported in the BIOS Setup (UEFI Setup) ?

I found the problem.  I had put in a splitter on that fan and the splitter did not have the proper wiring once removed speed reporting was back.  I did look in the bios and sys_fan1 was not reporting but i could see it was working and I could change the speed,  then I remembered the splitter.  On an another note how can i get input from a program called Fan control.  would be nice to be able to use that to display the fans' speed.  thanks for all the trouble great program

34 minutes ago, Loyd said:

I found the problem.  I had put in a splitter on that fan and the splitter did not have the proper wiring once removed speed reporting was back.  I did look in the bios and sys_fan1 was not reporting but i could see it was working and I could change the speed,  then I remembered the splitter.  On an another note how can i get input from a program called Fan control.  would be nice to be able to use that to display the fans' speed.  thanks for all the trouble great program

Do you mean this software?

https://getfancontrol.com/

And if so, how come it can monitor more fans than AIDA64? :) What are those fans connected to?

Yes, fan control not only monitors it controls them by curves you set up.  these fans in my case are directly connected to the mobo, to a razer 8 port hub, and a asus 5700 xt GPU.  it works all 12 fans and it seems to use very little resources.  Aida64 only monitors mobo connected fans  try it

1 minute ago, Loyd said:

Yes, fan control not only monitors it controls them by curves you set up.  these fans in my case are directly connected to the mobo, to a razer 8 port hub, and a asus 5700 xt GPU.  it works all 12 fans and it seems to use very little resources.  Aida64 only monitors mobo connected fans  try it

I suppose in your case we'd need to focus on the Razer 8-port hub you've mentioned.  That's the device that we need to natively support in AIDA64.  Please let us know what's the model name or part number of that Razer device.  I assume it is connected via USB to your motherboard, is it the case?

It is called Razer PWM fan controller, (Amazon) from the comments razer support doesn't support it very well.  It plugs into a MOBO usb port and a sata port for power then runs it own software to control fans. when running "fan control" I set all other fan controls to 50% then "fan control" can run them to 0 up to 100 works great.  If you can get this to inface with 64 it would be great

2 hours ago, Loyd said:

It is called Razer PWM fan controller, (Amazon) from the comments razer support doesn't support it very well.  It plugs into a MOBO usb port and a sata port for power then runs it own software to control fans. when running "fan control" I set all other fan controls to 50% then "fan control" can run them to 0 up to 100 works great.  If you can get this to inface with 64 it would be great

Thank you, we'll order a unit and check it out.

the fan control program uses a plugin to interface the razer with FC.  The razer does not commutate naturally with FC, It needs this plug in. there are a lot of plug ins available for all sorts of items on the FC github site. have fun.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 7:41 PM, Loyd said:

the fan control program uses a plugin to interface the razer with FC.  The razer does not commutate naturally with FC, It needs this plug in. there are a lot of plug ins available for all sorts of items on the FC github site. have fun.

We've implemented support for Razer PWM PC Fan Controller in the latest AIDA64 beta version available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let us know how it works.