Mouse lag in AIDA64 not in Everest

essence25

On a Supermicro C2SBX there is a mouse lag occuring every couple of seconds as if the mouse sticks and the pointer falls behind..

To reproduce spin the mouse in a circular motion while Aida64 OSD is running and watch for pointer lag or momentary freeze/fall behind every couple of seconds 5-6 seconds or so.

This does not occur in the last version of Everest....

I do not encounter what you do. I use OSD 24/7 on my main when my portable drive is not needed elsewhere.

Granted, I am not using the same computer system as you.

It might be due to polling SMART.

Try to disable Low-level SMART operations in the aida64 preferences, called "Stability".

Close aida64 and then relaunch to see if that made a difference.

1) Do you have any external (USB or FireWire or eSATA) drives connected?

2) Do you have any special sensor devices connected? E.g. T-Balancer, Koolance, DIMM Thermal Sensor.

3) Do you have any other hardware monitoring software running in the background? E.g. HWMonitor, CPU-Z, Rivatuner, GPU-Z, Supermicro SuperO Doctor?

Thanks,

Fiery

• 3 months later...

I found this thread by googling the same issue.

I can confirm this same problem is occuring on Windows 7 64-bit with AIDA 1.60.1300, I get mouse lag every 10 seconds or so which only occurs if AIDA is running. I've tried disabling low-level SMART operations as suggested, but the issue persisted. I have no external drives connected, no special sensor devices attached, and no other hardware monitoring software running in the background - unless you count the Intel RST tools.

Any help would be appreciated, I love AIDA64 to bits but this is slowly driving me nuts. :)

EDIT: Just did some testing and narrowed down the issue to the 'Disk Temperature Polling' interval, got all excited that I'd found the problem, and then found this thread

Oh well at least you guys know about it. For reference, my setup involves 4 Samsung Spinpoint 1TB drives in an intel RST RAID, using the latest RST drivers.

Please try to re-enable SMART operations, but disable RAID SMART support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability. Make sure to use to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1339qs1d0nycgrzip

Let me know if it helps to eliminate the lagging.

Thanks,

Fiery