SensorPanel Transparent Background

TungstenMD

It's not on our short-term roadmap.  You can however cut out a part of the desktop wallpaper and put it into the SensorPanel background, which would effectively "emulate" a transparent effect.  It's not a perfect solution, but many AIDA64 users went that way.

Regards,

Fiery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎10‎. ‎06‎. at 1:44 AM, Aidaknow said:

Three years down the track from this OP, a transparent background on sensor panel would so useful. Please consider. 

Since there's a workaround for this issue (that I've mentioned above), we're not considering getting back to working on it.  It would require us to come up with a new rendering solution, so it's not a few days work.  And performance of rendering may also suffer because of transparency.

• 1 month later...

@Aidaknow, @TungstenMD - I've created a tool (still beta version), that automates workaround mentioned above. It triggers whenever Windows background changes, takes a snippet of current background, and saves it to a file (you'll setup Aida64 to use this file as panel background and It'll automatically reload it's background whenever said file changes).
There's a lot to be improved, but it works as-is for me in Windows 8.1 (edit: works with Windows 10 as well) :)

I plan on preparing some more detailed description, and improving this tool, but since it might be hard for me to find some time - I hope this will somewhat solve the problem.

Note 1: Your input file will vary (it's most likely C:\Users\ [YOURUSERNAME] \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper). This should be set automatically.

Note 2: Right now all wallpapers in slideshow need to be correct size, as no rescaling is implemented.

Note 3: If you've got a problem setting it up please let me know. If it works let me know as well :) 

SOURCE CODE: https://github.com/dkopec91/BGSnippet

DOWNLOAD PAGE: https://bit.ly/BGSnippet

SETUP AND DEMO VIDEO ON YOUTUBE

scr1.png.ccf43d8ca644731a31609ae03757e593.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@tegazinho, it's happening because desktop wallpaper isn't changed by Windows scaling, while Sensor Panel is.
First thing that comes to mind is taking this 625x100 piece of wallpaper that SP currently covers, and resizing it to 500x80. Use the scaled down image as a Sensor Panel background, so that when the Windows scaling kicks in, you'll get the right size background. It probably won't look great after 2 time resizing, but if you set the correct opacity it might not be that bad. Let us know how it turned out - if it's acceptable I might add this scaling option to BGSnippet :)

• 10 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 5:00 PM, Fiery said:

Since there's a workaround for this issue (that I've mentioned above), we're not considering getting back to working on it.  It would require us to come up with a new rendering solution, so it's not a few days work.  And performance of rendering may also suffer because of transparency.

Your workaround is total garbage in these days and ages. My background is Aquasuite from Aquacomputer, a dynamic background. I'm guessing I'm not alone having a dynamic background. And for someone up there's sake, is it so very difficult to add transparency?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, SverreMunthe said:

Your workaround is total garbage in these days and ages. My background is Aquasuite from Aquacomputer, a dynamic background. I'm guessing I'm not alone having a dynamic background. And for someone up there's sake, is it so very difficult to add transparency?

Yes, it is.

• 1 year later...
On 10/10/2017 at 11:00 AM, Fiery said:

sorry but is not a workaround

• Like 1

• 8 months later...