AIDA64 Discussion Forum
Fiery

New LCD device support: LCD2USB and GLCD2USB

We've added support for character based LCD displays using Till Harbaum's LCD2USB protocol, as described at:

LCD2USB - LCD to USB converter

You can enable the LCD device from AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD.  After enabling it, make sure to set the LCD size (on the same page of the AIDA64 Preferences), since LCD2USB-capable devices will not provide such information to AIDA64.  Currently the following LCD sizes are supported:

16x2

16x4

20x2

20x4

40x2

40x4

4x20-front.jpg

The only thing needed to enable this feature is having the appropriate LCD2USB drivers installed, and the LCD to be connected to a USB port.  You can verify if your device is LCD2USB compliant by finding the device on the Devices / USB Devices page in AIDA64, and checking its Device ID.  It should be 0403-C630.

You can find the new AIDA64 beta update at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Please let us know if you find any difficulties enabling or using this new feature.  Also let us know if you've got another kind of LCD device that is currently unsupported by AIDA64.  BTW, Abacom (ExpertProfi), AlphaCool, Digital Devices, Mad Catz Venom, Matrix Orbital, and SDC Megtron LCD displays are also supported now by the latest AIDA64 beta.

BTW, we're planning to support Till Harbaum's graphical LCD device as well, as described at:

GLCD2USB - graphic LCD to USB converter

Regards,

Fiery

We've implemented support for Till Harbaum's GLCD2USB protocol in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

Special thanks go to Till Harbaum, for providing us with a trio of microcontrollers to let us build our own GLCD2USB devices.

BTW, parallel port connected SED1520 and T6963C, IkaLogic, and SpikenzieLabs MPTH LCDs are also supported now by the latest AIDA64 beta.

I recently built  a GLCD2USB device. When I go to enable GLCD2USB LCD support I received an "Error: LCD init failed" error. I'm using the HID-compliant vendor-defined device driver version 10.010240.16384 on Windows 10.

Using AIDA64 Extreme version 5.30.3500

Any help would be greatly appreciated to solve this...

We've just checked our GLCD2USB device under Windows 10 RTM 64-bit, using the default HID driver, and it works flawlessly. Init failed means the device doesn't return RID_GET_INFO packet via HidD_GetFeature. Are you sure your device has got the right firmware and the firmware is properly flashed? Can you communicate with the device using your own application or another Windows or Linux software?

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, Stinger said:

Hello friends!

I use a text LCD display with a resolution of 24x2, please add a display support with this resolution to the AIDA 64 application.

We've added the requested new LCD2USB LCD type in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works ;) 

Greetings to you friends!

Yes! It works great. If possible, add all the resolution standards for text displays.

Great thanks to you for a quick solution. Have a nice day!

IMG_20181214_235532.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, Stinger said:

Greetings to you friends!

Yes! It works great. If possible, add all the resolution standards for text displays.

Great thanks to you for a quick solution. Have a nice day!

IMG_20181214_235532.jpg

It's a bit difficult to compile a full list of possible display resolution, since there are so many kind of displays :)  The list of supported devices already covers 99% of the LCD2USB (and compatible) displays out there IMHO.

Thank you for your feedback!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Wampo
      Hey Aida Team,
      i have some issues with this Adafruit LCD wich is recomended. On the two Pictures you can see what aida should do and what can i see on the Display. The First line is completely erased and the screen is flickering. The Adafruit Backpack is set to 20x4 LCD. When the Display is updating you can see the right setting for a millisecond.
      But if i change the LCD Setting in AIDA to 16x2, and leave the Backpack in 20x4 mode,  the Screen isn flickering and the first line is there. I think you got a little problem with the 20x4 Driver. I have Searched for the code but i cant find it, to edit it if i found the failure. 

Please give me response for this BUG. I have extra ordert this overpriced 50€ LCD for it. 
      Greetings Daniel from Germany

VID_20181129_160917.mp4
    • By Fiery
      We've added support for RoboPeak RPUSBDisp color graphical USB-connected LCD display.

You can enable the LCD device from AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / RoboPeak. Currently there is no Windows driver made specifically for RoboPeak displays.  But there's a workaround: you can use the AlphaCool LCD driver (Version 2.1).  The driver installation has to be forced due to the USB device ID mismatch (between AlphaCool and RoboPeak displays).
      The driver installation works as:
      Open Device Manager --> Other devices --> double-click on rp-usbdisp --> Update Driver button --> Browse my computer for driver software --> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer --> Show All Devices --> Next button --> Have Disk button --> Browse button --> select acusbdisplay.inf file from the AlphaCool LCD driver folder --> Next button --> press Yes button on the Update Driver Warning message box.

You can order a RoboPeak display from DFRobot at:
      https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1062.html#.UqfXHfSnoqX
      Please let us know if you find any difficulties enabling or using this new feature. Also let us know if you've got another kind of LCD device that is currently unsupported by AIDA64.
      Regards,
      Fiery
    • By Fiery
      We've added support for several Matrix Orbital USB character based and monochrome graphical LCD displays, including LK, MX, PK, VK, GLK, GLT, GX Typhoon, and their drive-bay and external variants as well.
      You can enable the LCD device from AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD. The only thing needed to enable this feature is having the appropriate Matrix Orbital USB LCD drivers installed, and the LCD to be connected to a USB port. You can verify if your device is supported by AIDA64 by finding the device on the Devices / USB Devices page in AIDA64, and checking its Device ID. It should be one of the following IDs:
      0403-FA01
      0403-FA02
      0403-FA03
      0403-FA04
      0403-FA05
      1B3D-011F
      1B3D-0120
      1B3D-0121
      1B3D-0123
      1B3D-0125
      1B3D-0127
      1B3D-012C
      1B3D-0134
      1B3D-013E
      1B3D-013F
      1B3D-0140
      1B3D-0141
      1B3D-0155
      1B3D-0156
      1B3D-0157
      1B3D-0158
      1B3D-015E
      1B3D-0161
      1B3D-016A
      1B3D-016B
      1B3D-016C
      1B3D-0176
      1B3D-017B
      1B3D-01F0
      1B3D-01F1

Due to their interface bottleneck BGK, EGLK, GLK and GLT displays perform display updates quite slowly, so visual discrepancies may be experienced when using the GLK (graphics) protocol on these displays. It is possible to use the LK (character based) protocol on GLK displays as well, which will work much faster. In order to switch between the GLK and LK protocols, you need to first disable the GLK protocol (in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD), and then enable the LK protocol on the same page. Ignore the error, and restart AIDA64 to apply the switch.
      Please let us know if you find any difficulties enabling or using this new feature. Also let us know if you've got another kind of LCD device that is currently unsupported by AIDA64. BTW, Abacom, AlphaCool, Digital Devices, LCD2USB, Mad Catz Venom, and SDC Megtron LCDs are also supported now by the latest AIDA64 beta.
      Regards,
      Fiery
    • By Fiery
      We've added support for the built-in 160x32 pixel monochrome LCD screen of EVGA Z10 gaming keyboard.  You can enable the LCD device from AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / EVGA.
      [/
      Currently AIDA64 communicates with the LCD directly, using USB HID interface.  It collides with EVGA's own software (EVGA Unleash), so it's recommended to close that software before enabling EVGA Z10 support in AIDA64.  EVGA will soon develop a proper SDK/API for their keyboard, much like the LCD API of Logitech gaming keyboards, so that multiple software can put information on the LCD the same time, without collisions.
      Please let us know if you find any difficulties enabling or using this new feature. Also let us know if you've got another kind of LCD device that is currently unsupported by AIDA64.
      Regards,
      Fiery
    • By Novius
      Hello. 
      Is it possible to see from the AIDA file what type of LCD is connected? For example to tell if its an OLED or IPS panel.