is there a list what LCD displays are supported by AIDA64?

Z3R0B4NG

aidalcdlist.jpg

because i'm looking at this and i got no idea what any of this is.

I'm looking to replace my oldschool Logitech G15 with a Corsair K95 mechanical keyboard, but i would lose the LCD display... seems i need an alternative.

i tried the Android stuff, but i only got one Android Tablet and i don't want to kill its battery life for this, i need a dedicated display.

Here's the LCD devices guide for AIDA64:

http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/aida64_lcd_guide.pdf

Please note that not all LCD/VFD displays have the same performance. For example, it is very fast to update a full frame on LCDInfo displays, but it's very slow (several seconds) to update a frame on the Odroid-Show display. So if you could tell me your actual requirements, I may be able to recommend you a set of suitable displays that you can pick your favorite from.

Regards,

Fiery

Well i got the LCD from the Logitech G15 and that does fine for me... anything close to that will do :)

i guess fast updates are a good thing (one or two times per second).

USB port, my mainboard does not have a parallel port anymore.

it should be backlit so i can see it in the dark.

and it should go on the desk, so a nice housing/stand would be nice.

actually with a Cat in the house it would be a good idea to have no electric parts exposed. -> PICTURE

i just want to throw the Aida64 stats on it so i don't require any big Software clutter to deal with beyond installing the driver really (on the G15 display i just got the default clock, FRAPS and my Aida64 custom layout... and AIDA can readout the FRAPS numbers too).

color isn't important, monochrome is fine, but just in case i prefer blue...

oh and i plan on updating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 soon-ish... i don't know what the word is on driver compatibility.

thx for the help.

will look into that pdf now :)

When it comes to monochrome or greyscale graphical displays, the best picks for AIDA64 are basically AlphaCool, Crystalfontz CFA-835, Matrix Orbital GX, picoLCD 256x64 SideShow (which is out of stock right now) and SDC Megtron (no longer sold).

http://www.alphacool.com/index.php/cat/c35_Display.html?language=en

https://www.crystalfontz.com/search.php?q=CFA835&submit=Search

http://www.matrixorbital.com/index.php?cPath=40

http://www.mini-box.com/picoLCD

There's also ct-Mäusekino, Cwlinux, Trefon and Yoctopuce, but they've got a limited resolution that may not be suitable for your needs. Truth be told, neither the G15 has got a high resolution, but as soon as you can get a higher resolution and larger display, you'll see how much difference the resolution could make :)

Then there's Matrix Orbital GLC/GLK/GLT series, but they've got a slow USB protocol, so they aren't really suitable for AIDA64. If you shop at Matrix Orbital, stick to GX, that is the best graphical display Matrix Orbital makes ;)

One thing that may worth considering though: if you want to use multiple pages on your LCD, and you don't want to use page auto-rotation, then you need a display with physical buttons. In that case Crystalfontz CFA-835 may be the way to go.

difficulty level: find this stuff in germany  :P

the "picoLCD-4x20-sideshow" looks very much like something i would go for (nice case, has buttons too), but i can't find any sign of its existence over here.

AlphaCool seems like the best worst option...  and it looks like they are still selling it in germany (yay?).

http://www.atelco.de/Display/216360/Alphacool+LCD-Display+240x128+Pixel+Blau+neg.+silber.article

plus external "kit": http://www.atelco.de/Display/216363/Alphacool+LCD-Display+externe+Halterung+schwarz+%28Bausatz%29.article

but 100€ for the whole package incl. shipping... wow mama!  :blink:

...i guess i could just as well go for a cheap no name Android from ebay for half the price and higher res instead... like this or that  :wacko: ...oh boy, i guess i'm gonna fool around a bit more with my Tablet then.

AlphaCool seems like the best worst option...  and it looks like they are still selling it in germany (yay?).

http://www.atelco.de/Display/216360/Alphacool+LCD-Display+240x128+Pixel+Blau+neg.+silber.article

plus external "kit": http://www.atelco.de/Display/216363/Alphacool+LCD-Display+externe+Halterung+schwarz+%28Bausatz%29.article

You can find Alphacool cheaper in some UK shops. Internal displays, 2 x 5.25", silver only.

Not sure about the shipping cost or external mount kit, but you could put something together out of wood or plexiglass (acrilyc) to fit the internal one on your desk.

I had one internal version sitting on my desk for a long time.

For 100€ or less you could also get a (used) Samsung SPF photo frame.

Altho you have to turn it on and off manually each time you start your PC it is a cheaper option for a nice big color screen which would fit out-the-box on your desk with no exposed electrical parts.

I'm telling you this because I recently switched from the Alphacool display to a photo frame for which I paid less than the Alphacool originally when it came out (some 100 € for an internal version, shipping not included).

Just make sure you get a frame that is supported by Aida64.

• 3 weeks later...

You can find Alphacool cheaper in some UK shops. Internal displays, 2 x 5.25", silver only.

Not sure about the shipping cost or external mount kit, but you could put something together out of wood or plexiglass (acrilyc) to fit the internal one on your desk.

I had one internal version sitting on my desk for a long time.

Cheaper in the UK? I found an Ebay-store over there, but it's not cheaper after converting the GBP to EUR and shipment is higher than ordering it directly from Alphacool.

difficulty level: find this stuff in germany  :P

the "picoLCD-4x20-sideshow" looks very much like something i would go for (nice case, has buttons too), but i can't find any sign of its existence over here.

Same problem here, also a G15 and looking for an alternative, preferably with a somewhat higher resolution and bigger/higher display. Just one country heading west (NL).

My experience with lcd's, other than the one in the G15, is limited to hd44780 character displays hooked up to the no longer existing parallel port in the Windows 98/XP era (and Arduino's) and now I'm also looking for something that can be hooked up to USB and works with modern operating systems and maybe even with Windows 10. Unfortunately displays that meet those requirements seem to be hard to find.

The Alphacool display did caught my eye, but besides that it's not cheap, I haven't been able to find out if it works in Windows 7x64 or newer. Since the most recent driver is from 2007, I have my doubts.

As for the external picoLCD, that hasn't been available for years.  I've spent some time looking for that one a while ago and I didn't limit my search to within Europe...

AFAIK AlphaCool LCDs work fine under Win7 64-bit, so they should also work under Win10.

We've managed to order one of each 3 picoLCD variants last year. It may worth a try contacing their sales to inquire the about the next time they start selling it again.

BTW, although not exactly the cheapest option, but the Aquaero 5 and Aquaero 6 Series LCD can also be used in AIDA64. You can also use a Samsung SPF digital frame with AIDA64.

I know (some) Vista drivers can work in W7, sometimes even in W8, but in W10? After Googling just now, I read it could work, but we're talking about a driver released in 2007, 2 years before Windows 7 was even released. That doesn't sound very good to me ;)

The internal (5.25" bay) picoLCD's are still made, last time I checked anyway, but not the external one. That one hasn't been made in years, according to the manufacturers website.

I know (some) Vista drivers can work in W7, sometimes even in W8, but in W10? After Googling just now, I read it could work, but we're talking about a driver released in 2007, 2 years before Windows 7 was even released. That doesn't sound very good to me ;)

We've just tested Windows 10 Build 10240 (64-bit) with an AlphaCool 240x128 display on an unreleased Intel platform, and it worked flawlessly. The only trick is: install.exe of the AlphaCool driver package doesn't work properly, so you have to manually install the driver using Device Manager.

We've just tested Windows 10 Build 10240 (64-bit) with an AlphaCool 240x128 display on an unreleased Intel platform, and it worked flawlessly. The only trick is: install.exe of the AlphaCool driver package doesn't work properly, so you have to manually install the driver using Device Manager.

Woohoo :D ... Now waiting for shipment.

But where can you find the *.inf file(s)? Both Alphacool_USBDisplay_Driver_v21.exe and alphaLCD_1.0.4.48_beta.exe can't be unpacked, already checked that. So if the installers don't work properly, how can you obtain the *.inf files that the Device Manager requires?

But where can you find the *.inf file(s)? Both Alphacool_USBDisplay_Driver_v21.exe and alphaLCD_1.0.4.48_beta.exe can't be unpacked, already checked that. So if the installers don't work properly, how can you obtain the *.inf files that the Device Manager requires?

When you install Alphacool_USBDisplay_Driver_v21.exe, it will place the driver files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Alphacool\USBDisplay\Driver folder.

Got it, and the display as well :)

"The only trick is: install.exe of the AlphaCool driver package doesn't work properly, so you have to manually install the driver using Device Manager."

Well, at first I installed alphaLCD_1.0.4.48_beta.exe in W7x64 with the display already attached. The driverinstaller that was automatically started (after installing the software) ended up freezing so I killed it using the task manager. After reconnecting the display and starting the Alphacool software, it works :), didn't have to install the driver manually at all. Then I fired up a virtualized Windows 10x64, executed alphaLCD_1.0.4.48_beta.exe as admin (to prevend issues), which finished without problems. After that I connected the display to the virtualized W10, started the Alphacool software and....

Alphacool-20150725_185122.jpg

:D

Since that works, AIDA64 should be able to use it without problems, although I haven't tried that yet.

(Ignore the computername and username, never thought of changing those after upgrading W8.1 to W10...)

• 5 months later...

That should work with AIDA64 just fine. Go to AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / Sure, and check the checkbox. If it says Init OK, then you can build your LCD layout in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / LCD Items.

Yes I found that, but it didn't say okay. There was a message " Error: LCD open failed"

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you. I can see no problem in that dump. The open failure may mean that another software is already using the LCD, and it's not possible to concurrently open it in multiple software. We've checked with Win10 64-bit, using the same LCD that you've got (DE-LP14113), and it works fine for us.

Thank and sorry for my own fault. I was using at the same time a other program that display my some informations. Now I closed the other program and restart aida64 and every thing is working. So thanks for the help.

Is it possible to load an other character-file, because the dispaly won't show ä, ö, ü and ° ?

And another question: how do I create a normal text-line, where I can write what ever I want?