Aida64 costs too much

sblantipodi

As title.
I think that no one cares about the 3PC license.
I think that AIDA64 should be sold for 1PC for personal use at a maximum price of $10.

This is the reason why I will not review my license.
Personal use licenses should costs fewer than "professional use" licenses and personal use licenses should be sold for 1 PC only.

Best Regards,
Davide

There are a lot of folks out there who can exploit the 3 PC license since they own a desktop computer as well as a notebook or an x86 tablet.  We used to offer the 1 PC license for the same starting price of $39.95.  So we haven't raised the price, but raised the number of licenses you get for the same price.

Personal use license (AIDA64 Extreme) starts from $39.95, while professional use license (AIDA64 Engineer) starts from $199.90.  There's quite a gap there already ;)

However, I agree that the price tag of AIDA64 Extreme may be up for debate. But if you compare it against other venerable Windows utilities, it's in the same ballpark as those. Just a few examples:

- Total Commander: $42
- WinRAR: EUR 29.95+VAT
- Sandra Personal: $49.99
- GetRight: $39.95
- Axialis IconWorkShop: EUR 69.95
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus: $39.99
- etc...

But based on the price of other Windows utilities, IMHO the price of AIDA64 Extreme shouldn't be $10 but more like $49 or $59. Charging $10 for an AIDA64 Extreme license wouldn't be sufficient for us to sustain our efforts on the development side.

Regards,
Fiery

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Would it be possible to make a slightly cut-down version of AIDA64 Extreme for Steam (AIDA64 Steam-Powered!)? The only things I personally intend to use it for is HW monitoring (+ LCD screen applet) and the occasional basic benchmark for stability testing.

I would have no issues whatsoever paying $40-50 for a steam version that is linked to the steam account (and doesn't function unless steam is running on the account that payed for it), and is missing some of the more obscure features.

I feel like a lot of people would happily purchase that, as the yearly payment does turn off a number of people, including myself.

2 hours ago, Matakor said:

Would it be possible to make a slightly cut-down version of AIDA64 Extreme for Steam (AIDA64 Steam-Powered!)? The only things I personally intend to use it for is HW monitoring (+ LCD screen applet) and the occasional basic benchmark for stability testing.

I would have no issues whatsoever paying $40-50 for a steam version that is linked to the steam account (and doesn't function unless steam is running on the account that payed for it), and is missing some of the more obscure features.

I feel like a lot of people would happily purchase that, as the yearly payment does turn off a number of people, including myself.

We used to have plans for Steam, but we've shelved that since as it turned out, Steam limits the way we release maintenance updates quite a bit.  So let's just say the way we manage updates to AIDA64 is not compatible with Steam right now.  It would be possible to make a special "AIDA64 for Steam" edition, but it would have to have a different roadmap, a different way of managing updates, and we're not convinced the number of users who would only purchase an AIDA64 license on Steam (and refuse to purchase it in our own AIDA64 Online Store) is high enough to justify the additional work and efforts it would require.

On ‎2017‎. ‎04‎. ‎29‎. at 11:53 AM, Matakor said:

Would the cut-down version still be possible? Maybe bind it to an aida64 account instead?

We cannot push the price down, so a cut-down version would cost the same as the full version (Extreme) right now.  It would mean that we would have to raise the price of the current edition by 25 or 33%, _if_ we decide to go down that path.

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2017 at 3:11 PM, Fiery said:

We used to have plans for Steam, but we've shelved that[...]

And you couldn't have posted this news on greenlight? I've been checking that page regularly for over 4 years and apparently I could have stopped at least a year ago.

• 4 weeks later...

You could sell a 10$ monitoring only version. Not many ppl want the full version but just the monitor feature. HWiNFO64 have so more hardware monitoring and is free but AIDA have cool lcd support and a nice ui management. I would buy it again because I like lite versions of software. Why use 100 pages of coding when you really need 20 for example? :P

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎. ‎09‎. ‎13‎. at 5:04 PM, ycodryn said:

You could sell a 10$ monitoring only version. Not many ppl want the full version but just the monitor feature. HWiNFO64 have so more hardware monitoring and is free but AIDA have cool lcd support and a nice ui management. I would buy it again because I like lite versions of software. Why use 100 pages of coding when you really need 20 for example? :P

As I've mentioned above, any "lite" or cut-down version of AIDA64 would cost the same as the current AIDA64 Extreme edition.  We simply cannot lower the base price, since it wouldn't be a sustainable business model for us.

• 3 years later...

"We used to offer the 1 PC license for the same starting price of $39.95.  So we haven't raised the price, but raised the number of licenses you get for the same price."
now almost double that in only 4 years.
you could be gaining SO MANY MORE CUSTOMERS, for the same development price, if you would price your product reasonably.
most monitoring software is free, aid64 IS better, so it justifies a charge, but NOT almost the price of an AAA game that has 100's of developers working on it.
in 2021, for the reasons above, $10-$15 IS reasonable, and the reason i will not purchase at the currently almost $60 pricetag, for home users, PER YEAR. 
maybe you need to change your business model to fit the market?

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 4:12 AM, Ghryst said:

"We used to offer the 1 PC license for the same starting price of $39.95.  So we haven't raised the price, but raised the number of licenses you get for the same price."
now almost double that in only 4 years.
you could be gaining SO MANY MORE CUSTOMERS, for the same development price, if you would price your product reasonably.
most monitoring software is free, aid64 IS better, so it justifies a charge, but NOT almost the price of an AAA game that has 100's of developers working on it.
in 2021, for the reasons above, $10-$15 IS reasonable, and the reason i will not purchase at the currently almost $60 pricetag, for home users, PER YEAR. 
maybe you need to change your business model to fit the market?

I appreciate your post, and you have a number of valid points there, but what you quote ("$60 pricetag ... PER YEAR") is not correct.  We reserve the right to set our prices at a level where we believe the value of our software is, and what justifies the efforts and resources we've been investing into this software since 1995.  You on the other hand have the right to choose a different software if you deem our prices unacceptable or unjustified.  The fact that you're so passionate about our pricing and you put time and efforts into posting into this forum however indicates to me that you actually like our software and dedicated to continuing to be a part of our journey.  Because of that reason I'll send you a private message about some further stuff ;)

• 1 year later...

Long time user here.  I created my account here to write that I agree with the OP.  I just let go of my license as it was becoming too expensive to keep it up to date. I believe I purchased my first "Extreme" version back in 2014. 

I don't like how I cannot keep using the version I already have up to the last date of my license's duration, for example after needing to reinstall Windows (I used to zip up my AIDA64 manually to keep the up-to-date code, but that is just lame and should not be required). Having paid for the software, I should at least have access to the last available update within that time-frame.  Not having access to that code when the maintenance period is over is borderline fraud.

Finally, when I checked to update my license just two weeks ago, a 3 year option is no longer available, and 2 years costs more than what I paid for 3 years previously.  No way am I paying that much.

Sorry, but your product simply isn't worth it anymore.

• Like 1

Ive now come to agree with all of the above even if some dated posts,  I have been using this since it was called everest and most of the users in here were still in nappies

I have bought a few licenses made some average and onto awsome panels shared and have been downloaded thousands of times, helped 100's of other users accross my 2 accounts, one being lost to a non accessible email account it was registered too. I even if to be genuinally honest with you also used a illegitiment key once which lasted 18 months, why,  as so many now have said above, its not viable to keep paying this money to monitor a single personal PC hardware,   I have since bought alot of AQUACOMPUTER stuff for my PC and are now finding/found a way to use there suite on my 2nd monitor to observere my system which i will have to pay for after my 3 years for free from purchase, but its a 3rd of the price of Aida.

Ive just updated from WIN10 pro to WIN11 pro as since my last aida64 license expired and a PC thats not been altered since all testing completed has since developed stability issues, hardware falling out of my now expired aida software and a couple of crashes, and I for this reason will not be paying for and installing Aida64  to bother monitoring my system despite having an awsome 1280 800 panel to use,   Fiery, no ones suggesting you shouldnt earn a lliving in todays market, other options and for a personal 1 PC user its to expensive mate!

Am I the only one that thinks this thread is a bit like saying "I love Lamborghini's but I demand you make them far more affordable - they're not worth what you charge as they probably only cost 1/4 of what you sell them for" lol

People price things according to the work gone into them - If you can't afford it, don't buy it.  
I used to make mods for cars, they would cost me £40  to make, I sold them for £50 which literally doesn't account for the months of R&D, Testing, sourcing components etc etc and I still had people "Who know better" telling me I'm overcharging and the mod was barely worth £10

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...

I don't mind the cost even for a single copy. What I don't want to do is spend yearly to get updates. Even cell phones nowadays give 3-5 years of software support. By only giving one year of support, well it's kinda like being on a yearly subscription service.

So I tried the Turzx USB stats 5" monitor. There is still some software issues to work out with it so I have it in a drawer for now(some of the sensors are erratic at hooking the data). It was cheap, 42 dollars, almost the cost of a yearly update subscription to Aida64. I don't know if they will succeed, but it shows a path forward to bypass Aida64 update cost's. If I was the aida64 dev I would be vary concerned about this type of hardware. It might just take a bigger company to take this on besides Turzx, or Turzx might get it's product together and be successful.

But I will jump on whatever comes because of the fees for aida64.

Edited by Rod967
change a word
  • Like 1