AIDA64 Discussion Forum
tistou77

System Stability Test and Stress GPU (TdrDelay warning message)

It's quite self-explanatory I believe :)  There's a Windows video driver setting used for video driver recovery purposes.  If it's set too low, the OpenCL kernel that AIDA64 uses for GPU stressing may cause Windows to think the video driver has stopped responding.  In which case Windows would restart the video driver, which would then break the AIDA64 GPU stress testing cycle.  So it's best to have the TdrDelay value configured at a high level.  AIDA64 will check the TdrDelay value, and if it's lower than 8 seconds, it will show you that popup warning message.  If you let it fix the issue for you, it will increase the TdrDelay value to 8 seconds.

Thanks for the explanation
I do not know the values, hence my question

This value is changed all the time, or until the next reboot ?

Thanks

On ‎2017‎. ‎06‎. ‎13‎. at 2:53 PM, tistou77 said:

Thanks for the explanation
I do not know the values, hence my question

This value is changed all the time, or until the next reboot ?

Thanks

It's changed permanently, but the change is only applied after the first Windows restart after altering the Registry TdrDelay value.

On ‎2017‎. ‎07‎. ‎23‎. at 0:36 AM, xixou said:

Interesting. Where is the 8 sec delay located in the registry?

Please check the following forum topic:

I receive the same message and click "No". And now gpu stability test doesn't work even if i change the TdrDelay value in regedit. Can you help me in this question?
My config notebook asus x201e (celeron 847, HD Graphics 2000), the latest drivers are installed.

On ‎2018‎. ‎02‎. ‎03‎. at 6:25 PM, Mastah said:

I receive the same message and click "No". And now gpu stability test doesn't work even if i change the TdrDelay value in regedit. Can you help me in this question?
My config notebook asus x201e (celeron 847, HD Graphics 2000), the latest drivers are installed.

Your notebook features an Intel Sandy Bridge class iGPU that doesn't support OpenCL.  AIDA64 GPU stress test and GPGPU benchmarks require a GPU that supports OpenCL.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By G3k0S
      Hi!
      My PC:
      CPU - Ryzen 3 1200
      MB - MSI B450M Gaming Plus
      Video - Inno3D GTX 750 2Gb - 4 years
      PSU - Chieftec CHP - 500A - 8+ years
      MEM - Kingston HyperX KHX2666C16/8G 2 bars by 8Gb.
      HDD - WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (931 GB).
      SYS - Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.379
      Bios last update. Default settings.
      Problems:
      Sometimes Kernel-Power (41) mostly in games and tests Aida64.
      Tests that I conducted (prime95(1 hour), OCCT(~40min), Memtest86(in bios (1 hour)), TestMem5), all is ok.  Sometimes the sound hangs. As if the whole system hangs for ~0.2-0.4sec.

• By xixou
      gppu test fail on 1950x CPU

On second run CPU test is passing but GPU benchmark looks like values are only for 1 gtx1070 instead of 4 .
    • By IgelRM
      Hello,
      I started the stability test today and got a dialog, which asked me if I would want to change a setting related to my video driver, which would help with stability, if I recall correctly. It also said it would required a restart. I copied the dialog via control-c and clicked no because I was unsure what the setting does and if it could cause other issues but as soon as I clicked the button my video output vanished (blackscreen) and needed to hard reset.
      I had the same blackscreen issue earlier while rendering a long video, which is likely related to my overclock (Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz) but could also be related to that setting the dialog mentioned. Because I needed to hard reset, I couldn't paste the content of the dialog somewhere and don't remember much of it, something about timing that should be changed?
      I would like to know if there is a list of these suggestion dialogues, I would recognize it if I could read it again.
      Thanks
    • By MrCommunistGen
      For some reason the GPGPU Benchmark screen shows different specs for the Intel HD4400 iGPU compared to what the GPU section in the main AIDA64 program shows.
      GPGPU Bench lists 12 CU/48 cores
      GPU page lists 20 EU/80 cores
      As far as I am aware, the 20EU/CU listed on the GPU page is the correct configuration for HD4400 (as well as HD4200 and HD4600).

I also have a Haswell Pentium.  That chip shows the same, (correct) value (10EU/CU) on both the GPU and GPGPU bench pages.