New LCD device support: Matrix Orbital EVE2

Fiery

We've added support for Matrix Orbital EVE2 color graphical LCD displays. The only connection method currently supported is USB, via Matrix Orbital's own USB2SPI converter board.

EVE2%20USB%20to%20SPI%20Module-300x300.j

You can enable the LCD device from AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / Matrix Orbital EVE. You need to have the appropriate Matrix Orbital USB LCD drivers installed, and the LCD to be connected to a USB port.

AIDA64 uses LibMPSSE-SPI API to communicate with SPI devices. You need to copy the 32-bit libMPSSE.dll file from the latest LibMPSSE-SPI ZIP package into the AIDA64 installation folder. In the LibMPSSE-SPI ZIP package you can find that file in the Release/lib/windows/i386 folder

[Note: Since AIDA64 v5.98.4810 build AIDA64 uses FTD2xx library to talk to EVE2 LCDs.  LibMPSSE-SPI API is no longer used, and so its DLL module is no longer necessary]

You can find the new AIDA64 beta update at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Please let us know if you find any difficulties enabling or using this new feature. Also let us know if you've got another kind of LCD device that is currently unsupported by AIDA64.

Regards,
Fiery

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, tdx79 said:

Hi.

after selecting 270 degrees rotation, AIDA64 gives me access violation error...while the lcd partially turns itself light blue and doesn’t work. Sometimes the USB2SPI is not recognized until system reboot.

Would you gently be able to fix it?

We'll do our best.  Does it work with 90 degrees and 180 degrees rotation?

it worked before trying to select other than 90 degrees (first trial), now I get "access violation 00A0D9A7 in moodule aida64.exe. Write of address 0AE3C000" also at standard 90 degrees (also in lcd elements I still get portrait preview and 116x480 resolution), and lcd gets only backlight (no background, I can oonly adjust brightness).

19 minutes ago, tdx79 said:

it worked before trying to select other than 90 degrees (first trial), now I get "access violation 00A0D9A7 in moodule aida64.exe. Write of address 0AE3C000" also at standard 90 degrees (also in lcd elements I still get portrait preview and 116x480 resolution), and lcd gets only backlight (no background, I can oonly adjust brightness).

It works again after completely disabling rotation from dropdown list (after 5 minutes waiting for sensor information to be discovered). Enabling rotation at any degrees causes the access violation error again

58 minutes ago, tdx79 said:

Thank you for the info.  We will fix the issue in the next AIDA64 beta update.  Meanwhile, I've sent you a download link (in private message) for a special beta build that you can try now.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, Dragnet said:

Is there some kind of mounting bracket available for the EVE2 that fits in a 5.25" slot in a normal PC chassi?

Ask the great folks at Matrix Orbital about EVE3-39 ;)  It should fit your needs.  If not, they should be able to provide you with a solution.  Worse case anything can be 3D-printed these days ;) 

On 9/24/2019 at 1:44 PM, tdx79 said:

It works again after completely disabling rotation from dropdown list (after 5 minutes waiting for sensor information to be discovered). Enabling rotation at any degrees causes the access violation error again

Here's the fix for the rotation bug:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

1st thanks for this awsome program and the possibility to use an external LCD screen with it.

I have the EVE2-38G with the EVE2-USB2SPI Kit.

The specifications states a 24bit 16M color-depth TFT panel.

Your LCD Support PDF lists it with 16bit. Whats the reason behind this and is there hope, it 'll be changed

sometimes in the future? I would love to use some pictures with gradients, but it looks extremly ugly on the EVE2 display.

Even if i only use 32 Colors in total and dither the picture it still looks ugly - i think AIDA64 is merging all elements (pictures, gauges, etc.) converts it and sends it to the display?

Greetings

ThorBet

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 8:51 PM, ThorBet said:

Hi,

1st thanks for this awsome program and the possibility to use an external LCD screen with it.

I have the EVE2-38G with the EVE2-USB2SPI Kit.

The specifications states a 24bit 16M color-depth TFT panel.

Your LCD Support PDF lists it with 16bit. Whats the reason behind this and is there hope, it 'll be changed

sometimes in the future? I would love to use some pictures with gradients, but it looks extremly ugly on the EVE2 display.

Even if i only use 32 Colors in total and dither the picture it still looks ugly - i think AIDA64 is merging all elements (pictures, gauges, etc.) converts it and sends it to the display?

Greetings

ThorBet

The EVE2 controller only supports up to 16-bit color depth so RGB888 is not possible.  I'm not sure if Matrix Orbital improved on that with the EVE3.

AIDA64 renders the image that's sent to external displays the same way, so there's no special trick or dithering used on EVE2.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I`ve ordered the Matrix Orbital 5inch EVE 2 50G-BLM-TPC and additional the USB2SPI-Kit-A. I have just the problem that i must reduce the brightnis to a maximum 5%. if i adjust at higher, the screen is completly flashing. And also the refreshrate is very low (1Hz?). Walks slowly from one side of the screen to the other. Is there a solution to fix this?

Greetings

IMG_3413.jpg

21 hours ago, AwesomeO said:

Hi,

I`ve ordered the Matrix Orbital 5inch EVE 2 50G-BLM-TPC and additional the USB2SPI-Kit-A. I have just the problem that i must reduce the brightnis to a maximum 5%. if i adjust at higher, the screen is completly flashing. And also the refreshrate is very low (1Hz?). Walks slowly from one side of the screen to the other. Is there a solution to fix this?

Greetings

Try to ask Matrix Orbital about those issues.  To me it seems to be a hardware failure or hardware configuration issue.