consumption (W) of GPU

tistou77

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, tistou77 said:

Hello

Is it possible to add the consumption (W) of graphics cards in Computer/Sensor ?
As shown in GPU-Z or other monitoring software

Thanks

We're working on that.  There are multiple ways to do that, but none is easy I'm afraid :( 

• 2 weeks later...

I have consumption in TDP (%) in AIDA. It's not very convenient. But I'm using the correction TDP x 1.32 ratio.  (Preferences->Correction). And I`ve change the sign % to W for my language. This is the easiest way ;)

But I think, this ratio is specific to each graphics card and each user must calculate this value himself.

Therefore, my suggestion: dual value of consumption (TDP% and W) like GPU-Z or the possibility of choice something one by user, that better ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, 790 said:

I have consumption in TDP (%) in AIDA. It's not very convenient. But I'm using the correction TDP x 1.32 ratio.  (Preferences->Correction). And I`ve change the sign % to W for my language. This is the easiest way ;)

But I think, this ratio is specific to each graphics card and each user must calculate this value himself.

Therefore, my suggestion: dual value of consumption (TDP% and W) like GPU-Z or the possibility of choice something one by user, that better ;)

If you know the factory default TDP of your video card, then you can calculate the power consumption Wattage value from the percentage value by using the trick you've explained.  The problem is that currently we cannot figure out how to find and parse the video BIOS table to detect TDP for the current video adapter.

• 4 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:00 PM, Fiery said:

If you know the factory default TDP of your video card, then you can calculate the power consumption Wattage value from the percentage value by using the trick you've explained.  The problem is that currently we cannot figure out how to find and parse the video BIOS table to detect TDP for the current video adapter. 

Hello

You can not use the same as GPU-Z (unless it is a proper function to GPU-Z) ?

4 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Hello

You can not use the same as GPU-Z (unless it is a proper function to GPU-Z) ?

GPU-Z doesn't have an API or SDK, so it's not possible to use its detection capabilities by 3rd party applications.