fixed: VRM temperature may not be correct (ASRock B450M Pro4)

chanket

Dir sir/madam,

I have an ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard and I saw in AIDA64 (latest stable/beta versions) that my board has a really high VRM temperature near 100°C. Moreover, this temperature would not increase/decrease much when my CPU is overloading/idle. I touched the power chokes and it doesn't feel like boiling water. I think this might be a bug. 

4 hours ago, chanket said:

Dir sir/madam,

I have an ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard and I saw in AIDA64 (latest stable/beta versions) that my board has a really high VRM temperature near 100°C. Moreover, this temperature would not increase/decrease much when my CPU is overloading/idle. I touched the power chokes and it doesn't feel like boiling water. I think this might be a bug. 

Is the same high VRM temperature reading reported by the UEFI Setup (BIOS Setup) or ASRock's own monitoring utility?

16 hours ago, Fiery said:

Is the same high VRM temperature reading reported by the UEFI Setup (BIOS Setup) or ASRock's own monitoring utility?

No VRM temperature is provided in UEFI and ASRock's monitor utility(A-Tuning). I could only find CPU temperature and M/B temperature, and M/B is only 20°C. 

6 hours ago, chanket said:

No VRM temperature is provided in UEFI and ASRock's monitor utility(A-Tuning). I could only find CPU temperature and M/B temperature, and M/B is only 20°C. 

We've removed VRM temperature reading on both ASRock B450 Pro4 and B450M Pro4 in the latest AIDA64 beta build available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 12:53 AM, kekokek2 said:

aida sometimes shows a VRM 252° C  or 182° C  warning for my motherboard (asus z170 pro gaming), ik this is bullsh*t cuz other software (hwinfo and argus monitor) shows normal temps ( 35-40° C )

Such issues occur because of a collision between the BIOS and AIDA64 or another software and AIDA64.  When multiple processes try to read an EC (Embedded Controller) register, they can collide and report an incorrect reading.  We'll implement a workaround for this issue in the next AIDA64 beta update.  If the problem persists or another reading also turns out to be incorrect sometimes, please let us know.

• Like 1