Can we have a hotkey to turn RGB LED on/off?

vlad

Hello to the developers! Long time no talking....

If is not too much trouble, I would like to have the ability to turn on/off the RGB LED function via hotkey. It takes complete control of the keyboard and mouse rgb lightning and this is not always what I want. Having to dig through the menus is cumbersome.

Idealy would be the have a transparent background color that would let other lights from devices software to go through, although I do not know if that is possible..... It seems to me that the peripheral only lets one app to "tell it what to do".

Btw I use Razer Huntsman and Razer rgb mouse....

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:07 AM, vlad said:

Hello to the developers! Long time no talking....

If is not too much trouble, I would like to have the ability to turn on/off the RGB LED function via hotkey. It takes complete control of the keyboard and mouse rgb lightning and this is not always what I want. Having to dig through the menus is cumbersome.

Idealy would be the have a transparent background color that would let other lights from devices software to go through, although I do not know if that is possible..... It seems to me that the peripheral only lets one app to "tell it what to do".

Btw I use Razer Huntsman and Razer rgb mouse....

The requested feature has been implemented in the latest AIDA64 update of v6.00:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xe

Thank you for considering my request.

There seems to be a bug here. Via hotkey you can not toggle the function, you can only turn it on. Also, regardless if the preferences panel is open or not, the "Enable RGB LED keyboard support" checkbox does not update when you use a shortcut hotkey.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, vlad said:

Thank you for considering my request.

There seems to be a bug here. Via hotkey you can not toggle the function, you can only turn it on. Also, regardless if the preferences panel is open or not, the "Enable RGB LED keyboard support" checkbox does not update when you use a shortcut hotkey.

We've fixed the issue in the latest AIDA64 beta update available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.

It works fine now it works from any app. The only thing not updating is the check state of the box in the Prefences pannel, but that does not really matter.

Thank you for taking the time to implement and fix this. :)

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:08 AM, vlad said:

It works fine now it works from any app. The only thing not updating is the check state of the box in the Prefences pannel, but that does not really matter.

Thank you for taking the time to implement and fix this. :)

Thank you for your feedback ;) 

• 1 month later...

Hello to the developers!
Thank you for keeping such a good care of this software product.

Regarding the feature that is the subject of this topic: after using it for 2 months I have some feedback.

Right now, if you configure a raw of keys to show something, you loose the background color (the one you set globaly), so if the "bar" is half full, the rest of the key go unlit. Why this is a problem: if you have the qwerty, asdfg, zxcvb raws asigned to some sensors that do not reach 100% most of the time and instead go arond, let`s 50% you end up having most of your keys unlit, which is making the keaboard hard to use in dim light.

If it is not to much trouble, it would be nice to have the extended areas of the keyboard and other rgb peripehrals available to maping (like zones on the mouse, extra keys on keyboard and so on...). I know that are a lot of peripherals out there so it may be hard to cover them all, but at least the products from the most used peripherals like Corsair, Logitech, Razer...

Anyway point 2 is not that important, but point one ( persistent background color for raws of keys ) it would improve usability.

In the hope that you will have time to address this request I thank you and wish you well!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:09 AM, vlad said:

Hello to the developers!
Thank you for keeping such a good care of this software product.

Regarding the feature that is the subject of this topic: after using it for 2 months I have some feedback.

Right now, if you configure a raw of keys to show something, you loose the background color (the one you set globaly), so if the "bar" is half full, the rest of the key go unlit. Why this is a problem: if you have the qwerty, asdfg, zxcvb raws asigned to some sensors that do not reach 100% most of the time and instead go arond, let`s 50% you end up having most of your keys unlit, which is making the keaboard hard to use in dim light.

If it is not to much trouble, it would be nice to have the extended areas of the keyboard and other rgb peripehrals available to maping (like zones on the mouse, extra keys on keyboard and so on...). I know that are a lot of peripherals out there so it may be hard to cover them all, but at least the products from the most used peripherals like Corsair, Logitech, Razer...

Anyway point 2 is not that important, but point one ( persistent background color for raws of keys ) it would improve usability.

In the hope that you will have time to address this request I thank you and wish you well!

In the latest AIDA64 beta (Build 5146) we've added a lot more keys to unlock their mapping in the RGB LED module.  That may solve your issues about the dark background.

BTW, there's also an option called Keyboard backlight color on the AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / RGB LED page to let you choose the "background color" of the RGB LED keyboard.

19 hours ago, Fiery said:

BTW, there's also an option called Keyboard backlight color on the AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / RGB LED page to let you choose the "background color" of the RGB LED keyboard.

Yes there is, but if you have a sensor maped to a raw of keys, say qwerty, and the "bar" is up to lets say "letter" the ones after it from"y" onward, will remain unlit, regardless of the "background color" chosen. So if you map 3 sensors  to the 3 raws of keys: "qwerty", "asdf" and "zxcv" you will have most of the key unlit, unless the sensor "bar" ar always close to 100%

4 hours ago, vlad said:

Yes there is, but if you have a sensor maped to a raw of keys, say qwerty, and the "bar" is up to lets say "letter" the ones after it from"y" onward, will remain unlit, regardless of the "background color" chosen. So if you map 3 sensors  to the 3 raws of keys: "qwerty", "asdf" and "zxcv" you will have most of the key unlit, unless the sensor "bar" ar always close to 100%

We've solved that issue in the following new beta build of AIDA64:

On 8/14/2019 at 4:49 PM, Fiery said:

We've solved that issue in the following new beta build of AIDA64:

Thank you. It works much better. Still a problem with using 2 or 3 digits to represent a sensor, the number keys (top raw and and numpad numbers for 3 digits) not responding to background color (unlit).

17 hours ago, vlad said:

Thank you. It works much better. Still a problem with using 2 or 3 digits to represent a sensor, the number keys (top raw and and numpad numbers for 3 digits) not responding to background color (unlit).

We'll fix the remaining issues in the next AIDA64 beta update ;) 

18 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you for pointing out the bugs for us ;) 

Have another bug for you:
The Numpad  numbers and and the top raw numbers (so only the part actualy used by a 2 or 3 digit meter) have the B <-->R channels swaped for the "background" color. Meaning that white shows white, but using any combination of RGB that does not have R and B equal results in wrong colors, compared to the rest of the keboard "background" keys.

If you put, for example a pure red you can see that very well, because the number keys "background" becomes blue instead.

5 hours ago, vlad said:

Have another bug for you:
The Numpad  numbers and and the top raw numbers (so only the part actualy used by a 2 or 3 digit meter) have the B <-->R channels swaped for the "background" color. Meaning that white shows white, but using any combination of RGB that does not have R and B equal results in wrong colors, compared to the rest of the keboard "background" keys.

If you put, for example a pure red you can see that very well, because the number keys "background" becomes blue instead.

Awesome, we will fix that as well as another one about Corsair RGB LED keyboards in the next AIDA64beta ;)  Thank you for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:48 AM, vlad said:

Noticed that this morning, when I swaped the white "background" color for a desaturated light blue that turned white on the said keys. Then I did some color testing and come up with the bug...

Here's the fix for this issue: