Jump to content

SensorPanel custom gauges not working for me


Vatash
 Share

Recommended Posts

Custom gauges are not working in the sensor panel.  Default ones are. 

I made some custom ones where I just changed the colors of the default downloaded ones.  Added them to the custom states.  They pop up for a second then disappear only leaving the icon and text.  Tried downloading ones other people have made and the same things happen.  Might appear for a second then disappear then come back for a second go away again and not come back.  All are pngs as specified.

Its a 5" raspberry pi screen.

Was going to use for CPU and GPU temp (3900X - RTX2080)

Let me know of any ideas to try or info you need.  If its not something off the top of my head have to respond after work.

So far really disappointed.  Wanted to make some custom files, I do not like the defaults.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vatash said:

Custom gauges are not working in the sensor panel.  Default ones are. 

I made some custom ones where I just changed the colors of the default downloaded ones.  Added them to the custom states.  They pop up for a second then disappear only leaving the icon and text.  Tried downloading ones other people have made and the same things happen.  Might appear for a second then disappear then come back for a second go away again and not come back.  All are pngs as specified.

Its a 5" raspberry pi screen.

Was going to use for CPU and GPU temp (3900X - RTX2080)

Let me know of any ideas to try or info you need.  If its not something off the top of my head have to respond after work.

So far really disappointed.  Wanted to make some custom files, I do not like the defaults.

Please copy your AIDA64.INI file as AIDA64.TXT and send me that file attached to an email.  I'll send you my email address in private message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 2:50 PM, Vatash said:

Do you want me to reload the gauge as I was trying to run it (I have deleted it).  I can rebuild on a fresh panel this afternoon and email you this afternoon.  Let me know what you would like

Thanks,

As I've mentioned in email, we're already working on the bug fix.  Please give us one or two days to investigate this rather strange and erratic bug.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:37 PM, Badwolfe said:

Same here I'm having custom gauges moving and vanishing

Please check the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Still not working with beta version, custom gauges not loading. Sometimes they load for 2 seconds when right clicking on Sensor panel.

So I've been monitoring this all weekend and it seems the problem is with memory utilisation. I realized if I use a custom gauge Aida64extreme ram usage keeps gooing up exponantionally. Dont know if this helps but I started with 74mb of ram and after a few hours of usage I got over 1gb or ram usage. When I remove the custom gauges and restart I stay at 74 mb of ram usage for aida64extreme.

Windows 10 20H2 (Ver. 19042.746) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2021 at 11:53 PM, merlindo said:

Still not working with beta version, custom gauges not loading. Sometimes they load for 2 seconds when right clicking on Sensor panel.

So I've been monitoring this all weekend and it seems the problem is with memory utilisation. I realized if I use a custom gauge Aida64extreme ram usage keeps gooing up exponantionally. Dont know if this helps but I started with 74mb of ram and after a few hours of usage I got over 1gb or ram usage. When I remove the custom gauges and restart I stay at 74 mb of ram usage for aida64extreme.

Windows 10 20H2 (Ver. 19042.746) 

Can you please send me a few of your custom gauge images in email?  I've sent you my email address in private message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Fiery changed the title to SensorPanel custom gauges not working for me
On 2/27/2021 at 5:03 PM, merlindo said:

Hello Fiery,

 

Worked for a few days but after a few shutdowns and boots the problem came back, still on 6.32.5640 Beta.

Gauges do not show up and ram usage becomes exponentially used

Thank you!  Can you please check if perhaps the issue comes up after your computer returns from sleep?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2021 at 5:39 AM, Fiery said:

Thank you!  Can you please check if perhaps the issue comes up after your computer returns from sleep?

I tried deleting Aida completly fresh install reboot / import sensor panel - can't get it to work again. Ram keeps going up and gauge not showing most of the time. Do you put files in appdata ? can't seem to find any. Here's a video to see how it reacts when removing all custom gauges and adding a new one back with Ram usage on top left. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, merlindo said:

I tried deleting Aida completly fresh install reboot / import sensor panel - can't get it to work again. Ram keeps going up and gauge not showing most of the time. Do you put files in appdata ? can't seem to find any. Here's a video to see how it reacts when removing all custom gauges and adding a new one back with Ram usage on top left. 

The issue is about loading certain PNG images when the PNG decoder module of AIDA64 goes crazy and starts leaking memory :( We've added a new PNG decoder module, but it seems it fails to work in some cases too.  Our best guess is that there's a certain property of the PNG images you use and that by converting the images or exporting them using a different image editor could help -- but so far we haven't found a single reason that could be blamed for the PNG module to go south.  Check the following post for a potential workaround, although it requires you to convert your images using Gimp:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update,  So after some extensive testing the culprit seems to be thumbnail data only. I exported all my gauge gifs with each of the check boxes of the export options stated in the suggested post one by one.  Maybe your gif decoder can ignore this data?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, merlindo said:

Thanks for the update,  So after some extensive testing the culprit seems to be thumbnail data only. I exported all my gauge gifs with each of the check boxes of the export options stated in the suggested post one by one.  Maybe your gif decoder can ignore this data?

Thank you, that's very helpful info. We're working on fixing the PNG decoder module of AIDA64 to ignore the thumbnail data.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, FuryXL said:

Hi, tested all version, can't get any custom gauge to work :(

@Vatash

@JohanFeld
@Badwolfe

@merlindo
@carluccifamily

Here's the fix for the PNG loading issues:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let us know how it works with your PNG images.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...