DIMM temp goes 200++ at AIDA64

Hypy22

halo,

my pc keep restarting while gaming. I thought the problem is the cpu but I run a stress tes and it work just fine. then I saw the DIMM temperature that sometime goes up to 200++. the electricity in my house is not good. i just change my motherboard cause its stop working. does it means that I have a problem with my RAM too ?

hope someone could tell me what happened cause I have no idea :(

thanks

DIMM.jpg

DIMM 3.jpg

dimm 2.jpg

8 minutes ago, Hypy22 said:

halo,

my pc keep restarting while gaming. I thought the problem is the cpu but I run a stress tes and it work just fine. then I saw the DIMM temperature that sometime goes up to 200++. the electricity in my house is not good. i just change my motherboard cause its stop working. does it means that I have a problem with my RAM too ?

hope someone could tell me what happened cause I have no idea :(

thanks

That 200+ Celsius reading for DIMM temperature is an invalid reading and should be ignored.  At such a high temperature your memory modules would get irreversibly damaged.  The invalid reading could be because of a collision between AIDA64 and another monitoring software trying to access the sensor chip concurrently.

aww oky, so should I uninstall another monitoring app ?

or just close it while testing with aida ?

btw the DIMM seems to be okay ( no temp above 70) if I run the test first time I start the pc but after a restart (because I opened the game or playing it) if I run the tes then I see that DIMM temp goes to 200++ again.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:05 AM, Hypy22 said:

aww oky, so should I uninstall another monitoring app ?

or just close it while testing with aida ?

btw the DIMM seems to be okay ( no temp above 70) if I run the test first time I start the pc but after a restart (because I opened the game or playing it) if I run the tes then I see that DIMM temp goes to 200++ again.

It depends on what the concurrent software is. If it's Asus AI Suite, then you need to uninstall it to make sure its background services are also removed.  If it's another monitoring software, then closing it is enough.

• 1 month later...