Request: Cumulative Wattage ?

morpheon

Hi Fiery! 

Hope you are well! I was wondering if you could add a cumulative or total wattage used to the power values sensor item category - I know this wont be the total wattage pulled by the system but just being able to see what the CPU and GPU are pulling combined vs. two values would be great! 

Thanks for all that you do!

PS - did you see the Corsair Nexus? https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/CORSAIR-iCUE-NEXUS/p/CH-9910010-NA

Think there is any chance of support ? ;)

On 7/25/2020 at 5:07 PM, morpheon said:

Hi Fiery! 

Hope you are well! I was wondering if you could add a cumulative or total wattage used to the power values sensor item category - I know this wont be the total wattage pulled by the system but just being able to see what the CPU and GPU are pulling combined vs. two values would be great! 

Thanks for all that you do!

PS - did you see the Corsair Nexus? https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/CORSAIR-iCUE-NEXUS/p/CH-9910010-NA

Think there is any chance of support ? ;)

I'm not sure how accurate such a measurement could be without using a very agressive (ie. very frequent) polling.  By polling the measurements e.g. 5 times a second, the total value may be very much off.

Corsair iCUE Nexus LCD support: Yes, it's comin' ;) 

Thats great news about Nexus support! 

Regarding the wattage reading - even if its not in "real-time", I graph it, so I can watch the usage over time while benching, gaming etc. - a cumulative reading would still be be very useful even if not absolutely accurate to the second. 

Any chance you could let me test it in a beta  ? :) 

I used to rely on Aida's support for corsair power supply LINK reading but I have moved to a 750 SFX power supply from corsair that lacks the LINK connection. 

PS: Thought you might like to see my custom StreamLink + Matrix Orbital Screen combo and sensor panel layout. (the "0" is a FPS indicator (RTSS))  

F3AFE8BC-5A06-457D-A2AA-CB8F7C3C4F03.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 12:34 PM, morpheon said:

oww thats a good tip. I wonder what other APCs are supported - maybe I will move to something like that. 

Fiery - let me know if you can still accommodate a delayed but cumulative reading :)

Just want to add: AIDA64 supports many if not most reputable UPS (including my CyberPower 850VA). Thanks to Fiery and devs for implementing this. UPS is highly recommended, for a variety of benefits. I'm regularly checking my power usage, both on UPS physical LCD screen and AIDA64 sensor readings (under Battery). Example: My entire PC (with monitor, amp, speakers, etc) runs about 90 W idle, up to 275 W gaming.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:34 PM, morpheon said:

Fiery - let me know if you can still accommodate a delayed but cumulative reading :)

Not really, since I still don't think it'd be a useful feature.  We don't really like to provide inaccurate values or values without much ground...

On 7/27/2020 at 5:23 PM, morpheon said:

PS: Thought you might like to see my custom StreamLink + Matrix Orbital Screen combo and sensor panel layout. (the "0" is a FPS indicator (RTSS))  

F3AFE8BC-5A06-457D-A2AA-CB8F7C3C4F03.jpeg

That looks stunning!  Somehow these days manufacturers shy away from combining physical buttons and screens, but your solution is best of both worlds.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 8:10 PM, Vanon said:

Just want to add: AIDA64 supports many if not most reputable UPS (including my CyberPower 850VA). Thanks to Fiery and devs for implementing this. UPS is highly recommended, for a variety of benefits. I'm regularly checking my power usage, both on UPS physical LCD screen and AIDA64 sensor readings (under Battery). Example: My entire PC (with monitor, amp, speakers, etc) runs about 90 W idle, up to 275 W gaming.

I second that a UPS (or a power meter hooked into the PSU) can measure power readings with a much greater accuracy than any other solution inside a PC.