PC stopped when I play games with AIDA64 (Adrenalin 2020 20.12.x issue)

Ypselon

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 8:18 PM, ScottishJason said:

I think I may have a fix for at least some of you.  There is a setting in the AIDA64 sensor panel that allows you to have the sensor panel to “always on top”.  If you are running the sensor panel on an independent panel this setting is not really necessary.  But it seems that most people have it checked anyway.  The down side to having this checked is that it pulls the focus away from anything on any other scene and puts it back to the sensor panel.  To test this (with your sensor panel running) right click on any icon on your desktop and select rename.  If after a few seconds the rename closes on its own, you are having this issue.  This is also happening with some games especially ones running full screen mode that are also trying to be on top.  With the sensor panel and the game both fighting to be on top the game or the panel will crash (usually the game)So, to fix this just uncheck the setting: Keep SensorPanel the topmost window (always on top) in the SensorPanel settings: Preferences\Hardware Monitoring\SensorPanel

Thanks for sharing that tip! It sounds like disabling the "Always on Top" setting in AIDA64's sensor panel preferences can indeed help resolve the issue of it taking focus away from other windows, causing problems with renaming icons or running games in full-screen mode. Your suggestion to uncheck the "Keep SensorPanel the topmost window" option in the SensorPanel settings is a helpful solution for anyone facing this problem.