PC stopped when I play games with AIDA64 (Adrenalin 2020 20.12.x issue)

Ypselon

This has been the excuse for several years now that it is on AMD to fix this issue.  I am feeling at this time the developer of Aida64 just no longer able to support amd.  Sadly i am feeling that this is a waste of $30 but such is life.  If the developer is ever ready to continue troubleshooting this issue.  I am willing to provide as many logs and testing as they would need.

• Like 3

While I totally agree, I dont see any alternitives to make a sensor panel for your pc, the radeon software overlay is, to put it lightly, lacking features. same for NZXT. I can't figure out rainmeter at all and from what i understand its resource heavy. this was really the only viable solution for my needs. and its incompatable with radeon cards.

I created an account here only to tell that the last version that don't has this bug is the:

5.99.4900 build date 19/11/2018

After this version i checked them all manually and all have the crash problem at least with rx580 and latest driver.

So someone with older PC that don't care with latest change-log can use the version i mention above.

It is compatible with latest windows 10 updates.

• Like 2

I'm sad it has come to this, but giving how long this has been an issue, I have used the secondary screen on my system for another project, It's now the display on my game server box. I will no longer be monitoring aida64 for updates. I wish ya'll the best!

• Like 2

It works if you disable the GPU sensor polling.

I gave the last version that it works properly, now a simple fix is to tracking down what they change above that version and fix it.

My personal opinion that the bug is in aida64 because hwinfo64 has the same sensor and i don't see a crash.

And i am gonna bet that even someone use drivers from 2019 again it will crash with the last aida64.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 7:26 PM, boombastik said:

It works if you disable the GPU sensor polling.

I gave the last version that it works properly, now a simple fix is to tracking down what they change above that version and fix it.

My personal opinion that the bug is in aida64 because hwinfo64 has the same sensor and i don't see a crash.

And i am gonna bet that even someone use drivers from 2019 again it will crash with the last aida64.

How to disable gpu sensor polling?

As far as I can tell.  The developers of Aida have just walked away from this issue.  It is far easier to blame AMD then to try and fix their software.  I know plenty of members of the community, including myself, have offered throughout the years to help them test and fix this issue but they never take us up on the offer.  

In 2021 do not waste your money on this software just get HWinfo or HWmonitor as they both can see gpu sensor information without crashing your pc which aida 64 cannot do.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2021 at 7:15 PM, TechNicaL said:

As far as I can tell.  The developers of Aida have just walked away from this issue.  It is far easier to blame AMD then to try and fix their software.  I know plenty of members of the community, including myself, have offered throughout the years to help them test and fix this issue but they never take us up on the offer.  

In 2021 do not waste your money on this software just get HWinfo or HWmonitor as they both can see gpu sensor information without crashing your pc which aida 64 cannot do.

Maybe it’s true that the problem is Amd side but if other software not make is crash, it’s obvious that they can use other way to monitor gpu values without make gpu driver crash

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's 6th October 2021 and yet no good news from Aida64. Crashes are still a thing when using the software to monitor AMD cards - a problem that only happens with Aida64.

Monitoring with other software like HWInfo64 or MSI Afterburner do not cause any stutters or crashes so pls... Aida64 devs, fix your stuff.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still occurring on Win 11 with 6.50.5800

image.png.1b044141e0a70ec11d1c327b29981edc.png

i stopped using it for some time due to this bug, fired it up again recently to see if it would now be stable, but within the first hour i got a full system lockup. disabled and played for the next 3-4 hours without issue. 

specs are:

Ryzen 5900x

AMD 6800

32gb 3200MHz G.Skill DDR4

Win 11 Pro

Build: 22000.282

Sensor panel display on external 1024x800 display

• 1 month later...
As the "bombastic" user said above, the latest version of the program that works without problems is 5.99.4900. All other versions to date lead to a severe system crash when GPU temperature monitoring is turned on, and without it everything works perfectly. I don't know what the problem is with fixing it and all the next versions of the program are working, or they are not expert to do it properly or they don't want to do it. They have very stupid excuses that AMD is in question, when everyone who has a little brain sees that the problem is up to them.
Has anyone tried the latest version of the program and has anything changed?
Edited by Zvrgolija
:)

Well, I had this problem for a long time and it gave me a headache until I found out that Aida64 in combination with AMD Radeon Adrenalin Drivers was the reason. After I stopped using AIDA64, everything was fine.

Once in a while I try AIDA64 again and it hard-locks the machine, mostly within minutes.

But not since Wednesday... I had the PC since then almost non-stop running for study, work and gaming. It also sat idle for many hours. No crash so far....

AMD Radeon Software version 21.11.3 (16-11-2021)

FinalWire AIDA64 Extreme v 6.690.5900 (14-12-2021)

I'll keep this post updated for a few days, lets see what happens. It looks good for now!

4 hours ago, JJeronimus said:

Well, I had this problem for a long time and it gave me a headache until I found out that Aida64 in combination with AMD Radeon Adrenalin Drivers was the reason. After I stopped using AIDA64, everything was fine.

Once in a while I try AIDA64 again and it hard-locks the machine, mostly within minutes.

But not since Wednesday... I had the PC since then almost non-stop running for study, work and gaming. It also sat idle for many hours. No crash so far....

I'll keep this post updated for a few days, lets see what happens. It looks good for now!

AMD Radeon Software has nothing to do with strange computer crashes, only AIDA is to blame. If the temperature indicator is on, it crashes with any AMD GPU driver.

I had to post again because for the first time I didn't know how to post it.

As the "bombastic" user said above, the latest version of the program that works without problems is 5.99.4900. All other versions to date lead to a severe system crash when GPU temperature monitoring is turned on, and without it everything works perfectly. I don't know what the problem is with fixing it and all the next versions of the program are working, or they are not expert to do it properly or they don't want to do it. They have very stupid excuses that AMD is in question, when everyone who has a little brain sees that the problem is up to them.
Has anyone tried the latest version of the program and has anything changed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, JJeronimus said:

I still hard-lock using Radeon version 21.12.1 and AIDA64 Extreme latest.

It's disappointing, but I think it's pretty clear Finalwire just doesn't care.

• 2 months later...

I bought AIDA64 extreme a week ago, and was thrilled until it started causing these same crashes. I thought my Rx580 was the culprit, and finally splurged on a 6700xt.  The same crashes happen, and I am running a Ryzen 5 2600 with 16 gb of ram. I just did 2 error reports to AMD in the span of 15 minutes, same crash on 2 separate games. I am running 21.10.2 version of AMD software.  I notice in the alerts, it says "default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an expected system failure."  Maybe that means it is a power sensor conflict. I have an 750w PSU with no issues there. If I can't run the sensor software safely on here, I might try to request a refund but willing to try some things first. :/

• 4 weeks later...

I built my pc a year ago and it had endless crashes due to aida64. i cannot believe a company that is actively taking money for a product has let something like this continue for the amount of time that it has. its completely unstable with amd and makes my system unusable when installed. such a shame this was the perfect solution for me. i now have a sensor screen in my system without any sensors on. i wish someone would pull their finger out 

• 2 weeks later...