fixed: RTX 3080 GPU Temperature Sensor 2 Degrees Off

schrutic

The temperatures in AIDA64 appear to be 2 degrees higher than the other tools that monitor my GPU temperatures. Is this a known issue? Or perhaps, is there a different temperature I should be looking at in AIDA64?

In the screenshot I have the following applications running simultaneously.

• EVGA Precision X1
  • HWiNFO64
  • GPU-Z
  • AIDA64

All of the temperatures match except for AIDA64. These are my idle temps, but this 2 degree difference scales even when under load. Any help would be appreciated! :)

2005001791_wrongtemps.thumb.png.9b3e0b03c6e1b46d8b5f30eb35527ba4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 4:15 PM, scaramonga said:

KFA2 3090 SG buddy :)

Thank you!  We've fixed the 2 degrees difference issue in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:01 PM, Arctucas said:

Interestingly, all of those apps agreed with AIDA64 GPU temp on my eVGA RTX2080... until the new BETA. Now AIDA64 is one degree lower than the others.

We haven't touched iCX2 support or diode measurement for Turing based GPUs, so it's quite puzzling... :) 

• Fiery changed the title to fixed: RTX 3080 GPU Temperature Sensor 2 Degrees Off
23 hours ago, Fiery said:

We haven't touched iCX2 support or diode measurement for Turing based GPUs, so it's quite puzzling... :) 

I have multiple temperature sensors displayed in AIDA64. The two relevant ones are GPU and GPU Diode.

Which of these are being referred to? They generally are one to two degrees C apart.

On 1/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, Arctucas said:

I have multiple temperature sensors displayed in AIDA64. The two relevant ones are GPU and GPU Diode.

Which of these are being referred to? They generally are one to two degrees C apart.

It depends on the video card.  If you have an iCX2 video card, then you shouldn't have both GPU and GPU Diode, but only GPU Diode.  If you see something else on the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64, then please copy-paste the full content of that page into this topic or make a screenshot showing the entire page and attach it to your post, so we can check it out.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:46 PM, Fiery said:

Thank you!  We've fixed the 2 degrees difference issue in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks @Fiery, the new update worked. My temps are now displaying correctly.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...