Bar 3D effect

Dutch

Luv it... looks great :)

Two thoughts:

1. It appears the shading side is determined by the height/width setting. I have several bars implemented in an LED concept that are square, which defaults to bottom shading, while the taller bars shade to the right. Though not a major issue, it would look better if the light source was consistent.

Would pinging on the "3 Line" designation for shading to the right, instead of h>w, be feasible? Then with a square bar, shading placement would default to the bottom unless "3 line" is selected.

On the attached image I made the bar with the arrow 1 pixel taller.

2. The shading appears to go the full length of the bar maximum size independent of the bar displayed. On a background that is not dark, the shading shows. May be intentional.

See oval bar in image.

Edit: attachments deleted for space

1) We've done test runs with a top-to-bottom shading on vertical bars, but it didn't look good, so we've dropped the idea. Please note that the shading is designed for bars, not LED-like small squares ;) IMHO in your case the small green boxes would look better with the 3D effect turned off.

2) We've also done test runs to see how the bars look best, with continuous shading covering the background, or without it, and it looked best the way it is. If you edit your image by placing a flat lightgray square to replace the shaded background on the circled bar, you will see that it looks worse than how it looks now. However, if you are unsatisfied with the looks, you can disable 3D effect for that bar, or use a slightly darker background color.

Please note that we don't want to overcomplicate the already quite complex SensorPanel object properties panel, so we're trying to simplify most settings. We could of course add several more settings for each property to make everything fully customizable, but then the whole thing would look like the dashboard of a Boeing 727 and would render itself unusable for less-experienced AIDA64 users :(

Fiery,

While I agree that AIDA64 should be fully functional and eaisly usable by even the most inexperienced of users, some of us would actually like more flexibility in customizing our Sensor Panel(s).

And I understand that it is quite a lot of work for you and the team to maintain the application, with updates and feature requests, but I was wondering if you had considered the possibility of offering a 'Lite' version for the novice user or those who want a simple/basic GUI, and possibily offer a more advanced version (even if it incurs a price premium) for more experienced users? I, for one, would be willing to pay a little more for extra features and customization options.

Keep up the excellent work.

I was wondering if you had considered the possibility of offering a 'Lite' version for the novice user or those who want a simple/basic GUI, and possibily offer a more advanced version (even if it incurs a price premium) for more experienced users?

Yes, we're considering an Advanced button for the SensorPanel (and maybe for some other features as well) that would "unlock" several more options. I think it could be a good way to please everyone.

lol, I didn't even notice the added gauges & graphs until today.

You can overlay multiple graphs by only having the first one show a background and grid. If you show a border on one graph, show it on all graphs otherwise the baseline is off by 1 pixel.

The grid appears to be of a 10 pixel size, so the height shows best as a multiple of 10.

I scaled the max value for both upload and download to their individual max, not to the greatest max, so they each show relative to 100% capability.

Looks pro :)