Best sensor panel that works with just USB.

criskoe

Hello. 

These days what are the best smaller screens for aida 64? Specifically one that only needs a USB connection for power and signal? No HDMI. Just simple USB. Do they exist? Also one that isn't to hard to obtain for North America. Looking for a simple clean desk setup. Open to different sizes and shapes. 

Thanks guys

10 hours ago, xmanrigger said:

BeadaPanel is a bit pricey, but beautiful display. Ships from China.

Or you can use Odospace and and old Android phone or tablet.

Either solution works and powered by USB.

Yes I do really like the Beada Panels. I really like the 6.8 inch one. After looking all over it seems to be the easiest best simple clean implementation for a screen. But my only issue with them is the lack of a full body case for them. I was hoping to find something that will look like a real finished product sitting on my desk. Its too bad they dont offer  cases for their screens

On 8/7/2021 at 4:46 PM, criskoe said:

Hello. 

These days what are the best smaller screens for aida 64? Specifically one that only needs a USB connection for power and signal? No HDMI. Just simple USB. Do they exist? Also one that isn't to hard to obtain for North America. Looking for a simple clean desk setup. Open to different sizes and shapes. 

Thanks guys

Check Matrix Orbital's EVE3 Series too.

They seem to have some pretty good screens too. But still no cases or aftermarket ones I can find tho :(

I'm really surprised none of the big gaming companies have come up with a polished finished product like this. I mean the closest thing is the Corsair Nexus thing but its way too small. Needs to be like 2-3x bigger at least. Even though its kind of a niche product, I still feel like people would eat it up if it was made nicely. 

Cause right now most of the screen mods I see on peoples cases look so janky and unfinished imo. 

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the resurrection but did you find a panel?  I'm also in my search of a single USB cable monitor

On 8/7/2021 at 9:46 AM, criskoe said:

Hello. 

Thanks guys

9 hours ago, Miroresh said:

Sorry for the resurrection but did you find a panel?  I'm also in my search of a single USB cable monitor

Yeah I did.. Ended up going with Beada panel but had to do a bit of fabrication to get what I wanted. I posted about it in another thread. Ill just copy past it here again. 

My Logitech G19 was starting to finally die so I needed a simple Aida lcd screen solution for my desk that looked good. I really wanted something clean looking with a simple usb connection. No hdmi second screen tweaking. After searching, there doesn't seem to be a completely finished option available at all surprisingly. Just janky 3d printed stuff. Shame really.

Anyways, I ended up going with the 7 inch Beada panel cause it comes with a front bezel at least and figured I could make it work some how. After lots of brainstorming on what would be the easiest way that would look good. I came up with this. I Used a 1/6 thin sheet of ABS plastic that I cut and bent to wrap around the sides of the screen and sandwich between the bezel lip and back acrylic plate that comes with the screen. I also attached a cheap iPad stand to the back acrylic plate with some small nuts and bolts so the screen can tilt at multiple angles and stand up solid and sturdy. Lots of adjustment with Zero wobble. And lastly gave all the parts a nice thin coat of flat enamel spray paint. I think It turned out pretty nice. I'm very please with it. Could actually almost pass as a finished product. Over all it wasn't too hard to make. The side cover part was a bit of a pain to get the bends perfect so they were flush with the bezel and back plate. Took me 3 or 4 try's to get the piece perfect. The rest was super simple stuff. It would be nice if Beada could included a simple Side trim ring like I made for their screens. Really cleans it up. 

Im also so happy I went with a display that only needs a USB cable for both power and display. I hated the idea of using HDMI and second screen issues and weirdness. USB only is the only way to go IMO... 

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

Tilt.jpg

Center Setup.jpg

Left Side Setup.jpg

Right Side Setup.jpg

10 minutes ago, criskoe said:

Yeah I did.. Ended up going with Beada panel but had to do a bit of fabrication to get what I wanted. I posted about it in another thread. Ill just copy past it here again. 

My Logitech G19 was starting to finally die so I needed a simple Aida lcd screen solution for my desk that looked good. I really wanted something clean looking with a simple usb connection. No hdmi second screen tweaking. After searching, there doesn't seem to be a completely finished option available at all surprisingly. Just janky 3d printed stuff. Shame really.

Anyways, I ended up going with the 7 inch Beada panel cause it comes with a front bezel at least and figured I could make it work some how. After lots of brainstorming on what would be the easiest way that would look good. I came up with this. I Used a 1/6 thin sheet of ABS plastic that I cut and bent to wrap around the sides of the screen and sandwich between the bezel lip and back acrylic plate that comes with the screen. I also attached a cheap iPad stand to the back acrylic plate with some small nuts and bolts so the screen can tilt at multiple angles and stand up solid and sturdy. Lots of adjustment with Zero wobble. And lastly gave all the parts a nice thin coat of flat enamel spray paint. I think It turned out pretty nice. I'm very please with it. Could actually almost pass as a finished product. Over all it wasn't too hard to make. The side cover part was a bit of a pain to get the bends perfect so they were flush with the bezel and back plate. Took me 3 or 4 try's to get the piece perfect. The rest was super simple stuff. It would be nice if Beada could included a simple Side trim ring like I made for their screens. Really cleans it up. 

Im also so happy I went with a display that only needs a USB cable for both power and display. I hated the idea of using HDMI and second screen issues and weirdness. USB only is the only way to go IMO... 

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

Tilt.jpg

Center Setup.jpg

Left Side Setup.jpg

Right Side Setup.jpg

you made a really nice enclosure for your panel mate, given thats not been done with a 3d printer, great skills, personally im not to keen on the stand on the back, but the bezel and shroud are bang on fella 

On 1/7/2022 at 2:56 AM, criskoe said:

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

Tilt.jpg

Center Setup.jpg

Left Side Setup.jpg

Right Side Setup.jpg

Fantastic!  Thanks for the update! I might copy your panel, I agree single USB is the way to go

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 1:56 PM, criskoe said:

My Logitech G19 was starting to finally die so I needed a simple Aida lcd screen solution for my desk that looked good. I really wanted something clean looking with a simple usb connection. No hdmi second screen tweaking. After searching, there doesn't seem to be a completely finished option available at all surprisingly. Just janky 3d printers with cheapest ink stuff. Shame really.

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

Tilt.jpg

So, for the second point, some monitors draw power from the hdmi cable and do not require a USB power cable; unfortunately, when you turn the PC off, it will show 'No Signal' because there is still some power trickling through, as opposed to being completely shut off when the mobo is turned off alongside the PC.

• 1 year later...

I also set up a Beada Panel. It worked out so well I ended up installing 2. One took the place of my dual CD ROM opening (7” Panel) and the other inside the PC (5” Panel). Looks and works great. They are USB powered and I’m still trying to figure out how to play videos using DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows11.0 with no luck, any ideas.

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_3319.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

12 hours ago, Jayvee said:

I also set up a Beada Panel. It worked out so well I ended up installing 2. One took the place of my dual CD ROM opening (7” Panel) and the other inside the PC (5” Panel). Looks and works great. They are USB powered and I’m still trying to figure out how to play videos using DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows11.0 with no luck, any ideas.

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_3319.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

BeadaPanel has it's own USB Graphics Driver for Windows. Here is a link for detailed procedures of installation-->

• 5 months later...
On 4/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, Jayvee said:

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_3319.JPG

IMG_3320.JPG

So you can run 2 USB BeadaPanel displays at same time? Any issues doing this?

How do you get Aida64 on both? Just by enabling the display in Aida64 settings?