New LCD device support: Samsung SPF Digital Photo Frames

Fiery

Thank you for the videos. Quite frankly, we've never seen such issues to happen about external LCD displays, and my first thought was that it must be due to a hardware failure or USB communication issue. Maybe under heavy load the USB interface is not passing the whole JPEG image properly from AIDA64 to the SPF -- but that's just pure speculation.

I will bring the usb analyzer from work to check if packets get corrupted when this occurs.

Are the packets send at constant rate using iso, or are you using bulk/interrupt ?

We only have control over the actual USB protocol as long as you're using our Samsung SPF drivers based on LibUSB. If you use Samsung's own mini-monitor driver, then USB transactions are controlled and governed by Samsung's driver.

Ok I see that you are using the bulk transfer, with 512 bytes.

The pc sends 512 bytes every micro frame (that's every 125 us in high speed mode).

The samsung photo frame cannot accept more data, it pings the rest till the next uframe.

Sometime it is able to accpet two packets per uframe.

see below:

aida64_samsung_photoframe_a.png

I will now try to see what happens when there is lcd corruption.

Ok I found the problem,

the corruption occurs when the data picture exceeds 262KBytes.

Can you propose to the user in aida64 to set the jpeg compression level to avoid this situation ?

This depends of the picture that has to be drawned (type of graph/colors and so on).

The problem is not due to the time to send the picture (188 ms for 327 KBytes, wich is way below 5000 ms)

aida64_samsung_photoframe_b.png

Hi, Could add this feature to AIDA64: Pool for the presence of the samsung lcd every minute or so when it was not detected before.

I'm asking that because right now when I start windows, aida64 auo starts, but If I forgot to power the lcd before, it will never display anything,

I have to close aida64 and re start it again.

Edit: Thanks for the last beta, I can see a correct cpu package temperature now, on the x99 5930k.

Hi, Could add this feature to AIDA64: Pool for the presence of the samsung lcd every minute or so when it was not detected before.

I'm asking that because right now when I start windows, aida64 auo starts, but If I forgot to power the lcd before, it will never display anything,

I have to close aida64 and re start it again.

I'm afraid AIDA64 LCD module doesn't support that.

Edit: Thanks for the last beta, I can see a correct cpu package temperature now, on the x99 5930k.

Thank you for the feedback.

the CPU throtling is not working on x99/5930k cpu.

The intel extreme tuning tool is reporting well the throttling's (power/current/thermal).

I'm not sure if you're talking about the classic Intel CPU throttling value there. Throttling is a single percentage value that shows if the CPU is overheating at any given time. If you mean a different throttling value, then please show us (with a screen shot or a link) what you mean.

I'm talking about the thottling that is supported on new cpu/chipset, that controls not only the max temp but also

the max power, the max current. This is all controllable in the bios of x99 platforms.

See below a screenshot of the intel extreme tuning utility that shows them being triggered by OCCT heavy test.

thottling.png

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the update ?

PowerAdjust 2, PowerAdjust 3 sensor devices support[/size]

That is one of the new improvements of AIDA64 v5.20, but I'm not sure in what way would it be related to your computer.

Hello,

I cannot find where the preference file of aida64 is located.

I would like to just pick back my lcd settings after re-installing windows.

Could you help me ?

Preferences settings are stored in the AIDA64.INI file that you can find in the AIDA64 installation folder. You can also use the Export button on the LCD Items page of the Preferences to backup your LCD settings.