New LCD device support: Samsung SPF Digital Photo Frames

Fiery

Hello

I replaced the SPF-87H with a 800P and it works with no problems at all. Seems the 87H, at least the version I have, is not suited for this type of use. I threw something together real quick to show what AIDA can do with a DPF. I apologize for the quality of the pic as I took it with my phone.

dpf.jpg

Thank you for the shot, it looks great. I'm glad you could make it work ;) We'll try to get a SPF-87H that failed to work out for you, because there's a slim chance that particular DPF has some other tricks that AIDA64 doesn't handle properly yet. Although my gut instinct says that your particular SPF-87H part may just have some hardware flaw that isn't related to AIDA64 at all.

Hi Fiery

Would it be possible to add the option of displaying the graph "Show Scale" to the right side of the graph? And the data aligned right when this option is used? Also, all sensor items are currently aligned left. Is it possible to have right alignment also?

Thanks

Using Win8.1 once AIDA64 has been connected to the DPF if AIDA64 is closed it cannot be relaunched. To run AIDA64 again requires either logging out or restarting the system. If possible the ability to reorder the pages would be helpful in addition to the above requests.

Thanks.

Would it be possible to add the option of displaying the graph "Show Scale" to the right side of the graph?

Yes, we'll do that soon. As usual, I'll post a download link to a new AIDA64 beta update once the requested feature is implemented.

And the data aligned right when this option is used? Also, all sensor items are currently aligned left. Is it possible to have right alignment also?

I'm not sure what kind of items do you want to have right aligned. If you use the "Simple Sensor Item", then right-align option is already there. However, when precise positioning is crucial, it's best to use "Sensor Item", which you can define the total item width for, and precisely position the value and unit fields inside the dedicated sensor item space.

Using Win8.1 once AIDA64 has been connected to the DPF if AIDA64 is closed it cannot be relaunched. To run AIDA64 again requires either logging out or restarting the system. If possible the ability to reorder the pages would be helpful in addition to the above requests.

We'll check that issue. Please let me know which driver are you using currently (Samsung's or LibUsb0). Reordering pages is already possible with the latest AIDA64 beta: just use drag&drop on the "Page 1 / Page 2 / Page 3 / Page 4" headers ;)

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

I'm using your Samsung driver. When using Win7 AIDA64 restarts fine after closing. Drag & drop page reordering works fine. Thanks.

Thank you, we've tested it, and apparently Samsung's SODI driver isn't 100% compatible with Windows 8.x :( The SODI driver somehow prevents the AIDA64 main process from exiting, that's why you cannot start AIDA64 again after closing it. So under Windows 8.1 it's best to use the LibUsb0 drivers.

Hi Fiery

Using the LibUsb0 driver instead of Samsung's driver fixed the restart issue. Scale right-alignment is working well as can be seen below. Thanks again.

dpf4.jpg

Thank you for the feedback, it looks great :)

Hi! 

When I installed the drivers on windows8.1, encountered page_fault_in_nonpaged_area error 

You can give me a SPF-75H's drivers? 

Thank you! 

(My English is not good)

Under Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 it's best to use the libusb-based Windows driver we've created. You can download it from:

http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip

You have to first start AIDA64, and enable Samsung SPF LCD support from the Preferences. Then, once the LCD is switched to Mini Monitor Mode, install the driver via Device Manager. Then restart AIDA64 and it should work.

Under Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 it's best to use the libusb-based Windows driver we've created. You can download it from:

http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip

You have to first start AIDA64, and enable Samsung SPF LCD support from the Preferences. Then, once the LCD is switched to Mini Monitor Mode, install the driver via Device Manager. Then restart AIDA64 and it should work.

Thank you! 

I have successfully installed successfully. :D

IMG_0954.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

spf 83h on win 8.1.

works fine but sometime glitchy (bad gfx update on screen, corrupted display, especially at the bottom).

Thank you for the feedback. When it gets glitchy, is it for a period of just one frame update? Or the graphical artifacts get stuck and you have to restart AIDA64 to make it work again? Can you please post a photo of how it looks like when it goes south?

Thanks,

Fiery