New LCD device support: Samsung SPF Digital Photo Frames

Fiery

Hi,

I disabled aero on win8.1 (set to max paerformance) , and lcd keeps working.

Seems to be a problem with aero.

Is that the g-sync or lcd font shaping ?

Do you use the libusb driver? What SPF model do you have?

Well, I spoke too soon. The 105P turns itself off after a while if the LCD editor is not open.

What can I do to fix this?

I have the latest BETA installed.

Did previous betas work before? Do you use the libusb driver?

Did previous betas work before? Do you use the libusb driver?

No, I got the frame today and I have the latest BETA and the thing just dies at random and it works after resetting AIDA 64 a few times.

And, no. I dont have the libusb driver. It says FrameManager Display adapter in device manager.

BTW: I know what a usblib driver looks like. I have one for my Alphacool display.

So damnit, if you CLAIM the frames do WORK with your SOFTWARE which I BOUGHT then keep the damn topic alive.

Put all the info into the first post: here is the driver, here is this, here is that, do this, and do that to make it work.

All I see is 5-6 pages of damn issues to read through and in the end maybe get lucky if ONE of the frames specified in the first post works.

That is just lame from your side to claim that something is SUPPORTED and then well... 5 pages of people testing the frames and failing at making it work.

About Spzljeni comment,

I would suggest to add a link in the lcd preferences of aida64 to download the libusb drivers.

I use libusb drivers, not Samsung.

Model is BT08PS.

I'm the one that was asking your the JPG compression level ;-)

No, I got the frame today and I have the latest BETA and the thing just dies at random and it works after resetting AIDA 64 a few times.

And, no. I dont have the libusb driver. It says FrameManager Display adapter in device manager.

BTW: I know what a usblib driver looks like. I have one for my Alphacool display.

So damnit, if you CLAIM the frames do WORK with your SOFTWARE which I BOUGHT then keep the damn topic alive.

Put all the info into the first post: here is the driver, here is this, here is that, do this, and do that to make it work.

All I see is 5-6 pages of damn issues to read through and in the end maybe get lucky if ONE of the frames specified in the first post works.

That is just lame from your side to claim that something is SUPPORTED and then well... 5 pages of people testing the frames and failing at making it work.

Please cut us some slack. Samsung never provided a SDK or other programming manual for their picture frames. What AIDA64 does may not work with all SPF variants. Samsung made a lot of variants of those SPF frames, they offer multiple models with the same (e.g. "SPF-87H") designation, so it's a big mess. And since it's not documented (at least not publicly documented), for us it's a big headache to sort things out and find out what tricks do we have to use to support all the different SPF models out there. As you can see, a certain bug fix could help to get around issues with a particular SPF model, but in the same time the fix ruins it for others. It's not easy to go blindly, without documentation, but we're doing our best to sort out every single issue you guys are facing. It would be much easier for us to pull the plug and remove SPF support from AIDA64...

As for your issue, if possible, please uninstall Samsung Frame Manager and install our libusb driver:

http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip

It should help, as long as you wouldn't bump into the issue Xixou is having now with the latest beta. But we'll get around that by adding one more option to enable/disable the latest "Keep alive" workaround.

It also crashed with aero disabled.

Please change back the lcd code that was ok 3 previous betas.

Thank you for the info. As I've mentioned above, we'll get around that by adding one more option to enable/disable the latest "Keep alive" workaround. A new AIDA64 beta update including that fix will be rolled out in an hour or so.

As for your issue, if possible, please uninstall Samsung Frame Manager and install our libusb driver:

http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip

It should help, as long as you wouldn't bump into the issue Xixou is having now with the latest beta. But we'll get around that by adding one more option to enable/disable the latest "Keep alive" workaround.

Thank you.

It's working for now and more fluidly than with the previous driver.

I might have to play with the compression level and/or connect the frame directly to the motherboard and get a better cable for it.

Latest BETA did not wreck anything and I did not enable the keep alive packet.

Let's see if it disconnects during the day.

Now you could put that link onto the first post in this topic and tell people to install this driver when prompted and avoid installing Frame Manager completely.

I understand a lot of these frames are EOL devices and Samsung does not give a damn about them, nor do they offer the latest driver for them on their pages.

When I looked for frame manager for the 105P the first I found on the Samsung page did not support Win x64 at all.

It was by digging through this topic that I found that I should download FrameManager_Vista_64bit_V2.00.exe so putting a link to that onto the first post in this topic would also help reduce the mess, or you could just extract the driver software from the installation and offer both drivers for people to try out.

Thank you.

It's working for now and more fluidly than with the previous driver.

I might have to play with the compression level and/or connect the frame directly to the motherboard and get a better cable for it.

Latest BETA did not wreck anything and I did not enable the keep alive packet.

Let's see if it disconnects during the day.

Now you could put that link onto the first post in this topic and tell people to install this driver when prompted and avoid installing Frame Manager completely.

I understand a lot of these frames are EOL devices and Samsung does not give a damn about them, nor do they offer the latest driver for them on their pages.

When I looked for frame manager for the 105P the first I found on the Samsung page did not support Win x64 at all.

It was by digging through this topic that I found that I should download FrameManager_Vista_64bit_V2.00.exe so putting a link to that onto the first post in this topic would also help reduce the mess, or you could just extract the driver software from the installation and offer both drivers for people to try out.

Thank you for the feedback. I've updated the opening post.

Connecting the frame to another USB port motherboard made Windows pull the old Samsung drivers back.
Quick fix, old drivers were deleted permanently.
Performance of the frame has increased a lot compared to when connected to a USB hub.

Another issue I have is the frame not turning off but displaying a black screen when connected to USB and Aida64 is not active or the PC is turned off.
Pulling the plug doesn't work as the frame is also battery powered.
I even tried programming the frame to turn itself off at a given time. It does not work while connected to USB.
So the only way for now is to manually turn the frame on and off.

I don't know if the buttons on the frame are supposed to switch pages in Aida64, but that does not work.
Not an issue as I can fit all of the info I need onto the frame.

Running on Win7 x64 SP1, the frame has the latest firmware already installed, using LibUSB drivers.

I don't know if the buttons on the frame are supposed to switch pages in Aida64, but that does not work.

Not an issue as I can fit all of the info I need onto the frame.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm afraid we have no information on how to handle the frame buttons. There's a good chance that they cannot be handled via the USB connection, but only the frame's built-in software can handle them.

Is there any chance of implementing a feature to use the frames in portrait mode?

There's no native (firmware) support for rotating the image in mini-monitor mode, so we would have to do the rotation at the end of the rendering process in AIDA64. And since Samsung frames also require compressing the rendered bitmap into JPEG, the overhead of the rotation + JPEG compression would be enermous :( It would have high impact on both CPU load and memory load.