Fernando Gregoire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Dear AIDA64 developers,

I cannot find anything on the Display\Monitor page on my Asus Eee PC 1015 PX. Altough I've no external display connected to the VGA port, I'd like to know details such as maximum resolution and display size, aspect ratio and vertical and horizontal freqs of the built-in led monitor.
I'm using the latest beta of AIDA64 Extreme edition on voth my desktop computer and netbook, and the Monitor page on the desktop computer works properly. If it helps, these computers has Windows 7 Ultimate with SP 1 (64-bit on desktop and 32-bit on the netbook).

Thanks a lot!

Fernando Gregoire,

AIDA64 Spanish translator

#2 Fiery

Fiery

AIDA64 Developer

• Administrators
  • 3894 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

Many netbooks either don't implement an EDID block for their LCD at all, or the EDID block hasn't got much useful information in it. That's all for the sake of cost saving.

Regards,
Fiery

#3 Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

indeed. a friend of mine had to mess with his radeon drivers because of the lack of edid causing issues with digital scaling.

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WD
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

#4 Fernando Gregoire

Fernando Gregoire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

Fiery, thanks for your quick reply. Only one more question:
Will AIDA64 be able to display monitor information of external monitors if I connect one to the VGA port?

Fernando Gregoire,

AIDA64 Spanish translator

#5 Fiery

Fiery

AIDA64 Developer

• Administrators
  • 3894 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

Fiery, thanks for your quick reply. Only one more question:
Will AIDA64 be able to display monitor information of external monitors if I connect one to the VGA port?

In case the onboard video display logic is prepared to read EDID block via the VGA (DSub) connector, then yes, of course :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: monitor, Eee family, Asus, 1015 PX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users