fixed: Upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 now have incorrect CPU usage

funkybadger11
Go to solution Solved by Fiery,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Squall Leonhart said:

NtQuerySystemInformation(SystemProcessorIdleInformation) can be used to get the right values, its only NtQuerySystemInformation(SystemProcessorPerformanceInformation) that is broken.

Somehow we're unable to reproduce the issue.  Maybe Microsoft has already fixed the issue in one of the KB's applied on 22H2?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 2:59 AM, Fiery said:

Somehow we're unable to reproduce the issue.  Maybe Microsoft has already fixed the issue in one of the KB's applied on 22H2?

Just curious then, seems off still based on this screen shot.  Even the reported Clocks aren't accurate?  (also, I am building out a new panel atm little junky looking still ;) )

Current windows build: 22621.963

No new Win11 updates are available.
Aida64 Update frequency on Sensor page is 500ms and Core Clock just sits at 5300mhz all the time while Windows task manager reports different clocks.

Untitled.png

• Thanks 1

the cpu usage on the Performance tab is not consistent with utitilities or the usage shown on the Details tab, this is a known issue where the performance and processes tab takes boost clocks and core count awake and used into account when factoring usage, because it factors these into things, the usage on these tabs are usually higher than the Details tab.

For the clock reading on task manager and aida64, you need a power profile that has the min cpu state set under 100% to report correct idle behavior

having min cpu state in the power profile maxed out to 100 will show constant max clocks in aida64, task manager will show up to 200mhz range from max clock

HWInfo will show max actual clock, and low effective clock.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 9/10/2022 at 5:03 PM, funkybadger11 said:

hi i joined insiders and am in the release channel which is basically what the next update for everyone will be and task manger is showing correct gpu useage but sensor panel is show only 1-5% i have double checked sensor panel settings and it is set correcly to cpu utilization 

@BeanZ  @AJ1

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

You need to activate (tick) the last option on the AIDA64 / main menu / Preferences / Stability page called Windows 11 CPU utilization measurement workaround.  Let me know if it helps to obtain more realistic CPU utilization measurements.

• Fiery changed the title to fixed: Upgraded to Windows 11 22H2 now have incorrect CPU usage
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 9:13 PM, Fiery said:

@BeanZ  @AJ1

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

You need to activate (tick) the last option on the AIDA64 / main menu / Preferences / Stability page called Windows 11 CPU utilization measurement workaround.  Let me know if it helps to obtain more realistic CPU utilization measurements.

Hi, yes that seems to have fixed it , thanks :)

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
Hello,
This issue was closed almost a year ago, but the problem with incorrect CPU utilization still persists on Windows 11...
What do you think is the approximate difference between the workaround and the actual CPU utilization? Is the CPU utilization determined by the CPU idle time, like in the GameTechDev/PresentMon project*, or is there another solution implemented in aida64?
Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

you are 100% correct.

the issue is still there because the provided fix shows completely inaccurate utilization.
for example when my pc is completely idle (<1% actual cpu usage) it shows more than 25% in aida when on task manager is <1%.

this is on a ryzen 5600.

for "me" the issue is NOT fixed at all.

• Like 1

I don't use Windows 11 anymore but i remember this. I got it working by using this:

https://pastebin.com/pWgtYdZS

After disabling the kernel isolation it should not be requiered to use the workaround setting in AIDA64 anymore, so i recommend to try unchecking that setting after using the registry hack aswell. An additional reboot may be required.

Try and check if this helps.

thank you for your response.

I don't think I will be trying this because disabling kernel isolation introduces security risks, other hw monitoring applications show correct cpu utilization without any kind of tricks as TroubleWithTribbles posted.