Share your Sensorpanels

Mice007

• Sensor Moderators
1 hour ago, MedaPayne said:

that's exactly why I posted a message under his link to show my total disagreement... using someone's work but also to make a business of it is distressing!!!!!

who do you think is the author of this work?  and who just edited it?

Screenshot_2022-03-30-08-25-01-953_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-30-08-24-40-861_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

• Sensor Moderators
2 minutes ago, pcrepairvk said:

who do you think is the author of this work?  and who just edited it?

Screenshot_2022-03-30-08-25-01-953_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-30-08-24-40-861_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

very disgusting when someone edits someone's work and then says he's the real author   And website is mine with my original work

Il y a 1 heure, Awl a dit :

Étant l'avocat du diable, je pense que si la jauge met en vente utilise les modifications améliorées par Dave, je pense que Dave est l'auteur/propriétaire, mais l'idée originale appartient à pcrepairvk.

what really bothers me is not to know who the real author or modifier is... it's more that this forum is based on sharing and mutual aid... far be it from me to make the sale

On 3/28/2022 at 9:48 PM, pcrepairvk said:

Good to see someone editing my design :D

Changed it again :huh: Still need to adjust the hands to ensure fully central. Not sure if to keep cpu/gpu useage in the middle or make it clock frequency for both. I changed the range for both of the hands to 200, that way 100% would be the 12 position.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 110748.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave59337 said:

So, I clicked on the invite to www.aida64skins.com from a previous message, and I see one of my sensor panels in stock and being sold there.  Not too sure what to think about that.

Snip2022-03-29.png

This is why I no longer share my work....It's so easy to just edit someone's work, but you'll spend days doing an original design... It's funny. Someone else uses your work for profit...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This pirating is sad, at least they could have asked permission.  Unfortunately there is little that can be done, even putting a copyright logo on it wont help given how easy it is to edit these.

What they should have done was create a marketplace and allow people here to sell their skins and share in the profit.  Then participation would have been voluntary.  The downside though is inevitably there would have been parts of other peoples work likely for sale.

What folks can do is report the site to retailers ratings sites and other such sites as to impact the site reputation.  Eventually it might get black listed.

The sad part is it will impact the sharing here.  :(  I reiterate my thanks to all who helped me get rolling.  I will have one more to make for the next badass PC I am building next.

• Like 3

On 4/24/2017 at 8:45 AM, Fiery said:

Thank you for your ideas.  We're not planning to enable animations simply because it would consume a lot of system resources to update the SensorPanel more frequently than 10 times a second -- which is the 100 milliseconds update rate that is available as the maximum update rate right now.  A fluid animation would require 30 or even 60 updates per second.

The custom gauge configuration is already too quirky and complicated, and we're not planning to make it even more complex by doubling the number of states.

As for the update frequency, that's again, would require too much system resources.  And on most computers polling all the sensor devices take more than 100 milliseconds anyway, so you would never be able to reach the desired 30 FPS update rate with the SensorPanel anyway ;)

How about allowing for animated GIF's as backgrounds? Like the NZXT CAM Kraken Z3 display? That'd be cool at no performance hit..

3809.gif

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Liao Joey said:

This is why I no longer share my work....It's so easy to just edit someone's work, but you'll spend days doing an original design... It's funny. Someone else uses your work for profit...

i’d start putting a watermark or something on your work cause that’s bull shìt that someone’s doing that tbh. an it’s ruining shit for everyone else. cause it makes people worry that someone’s gonna take their work an sell it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liao Joey said:

You can always Copyright your work. 

In the U.S. 

The Copyright Act states that “pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works include two-dimensional and three-dimensional works of fine, graphic, and applied art, photographs, prints and art reproductions, maps, globes, charts, diagrams, models, and technical drawings, including architectural plans.” (17 U.S.C. § 101)

Copyright in a work of the visual arts protects those pictorial, graphic, or sculptural elements that, either alone or in combination, represent an “original work of authorship.” 

You might not be able to Copyright the configuration file but you can Copyright the graphics or the art work.   Just like a photographer or a graphic artist. 

8 hours ago, Liao Joey said:

This is not right by any means. I feel for ya. Pisses me off to no extent. I am very grateful to all the submissions. I have used several panels and mixed and matched a few. But I give credit to original poster(s). That is the way it was intended, I think. Some ass-clown always has to ruin things for others.

Spam their site with messages of copyright infringement (likely no copyright) and thievery. Direct people to this forum where they are free to SHARE AND USE FOR PERSONAL USE.

• Like 2

I previously stated: “So, I clicked on the invite to www.aida64skins.com from a previous message, and I see one of my sensor panels in stock and being sold there.  Not too sure what to think about that.”

I’ve thought about it.

I should have said this: “So, I clicked on the invite to www.aida64skins.com from a previous message, and I see my gauges are in stock and being sold there.  Not too sure what to think about that.  With the hours I put on them, I could have at least got a request.  I hope nobody lays claims to my 101 and 51 stage gauges I just added.”

Yes, I downloaded pcrepairvk’s “meter 1024x600.sensorpanel” and “meter v1.sensorpanel” via link here.  I liked his design but not his follow-through.  His gauge images had crude hands placed at strange angles and white circles dropped on them to cover things he didn’t want.  (See image meter01.png gotten from his .sensorpanel files.)

So, I went to the internet to find a gauge to use to create from scratch gauges for a sensor panel.  I saw an image of a gauge that looked like his.  I decided to give homage to pcrepairvk’s design.  I right clicked, saved and cropped the image from a google search showing the gauge offered for free at https://www.nicepng.com/ourpic/u2w7e6y3e6w7w7e6_gauge-psi/.  (See image nicepng.com.png.)  His gauges are using 16 images with hands already on them.  Mine are created with a background (see image 731-Background.png) and 16 transparent hand images (see image 731-Hand-0.png) placed on top to create the ones you see.  (See image 731-Compiled.png.)  All the 18 images for each gauge came from the nicepng.com image.  (16 rotated hand images careful to not rotate the center nut so the lighting is correct with shadowing effect, and 2 background images; with and without screws.)  I left out all the numbers and the “psi” for a wider possible usage (degrees and MHz, etc.).  After creating all the 731x731 pixel images, I resized them to other sizes you get from my sensor panel uploads.

To finish I did use his background, because I ran into this while searching for a similar background: (See Screenshot 2022-03-30.png.)  If he holds the copyright on this, he owns rights to the background, and should have mentioned it before putting in on the Aida64 site, I think.  After the two uploads I deleted all his images and haven’t used them since.  In fact, I had to redownload them today for examples.

I did not download and just move around his gauges/images, nor just change the gauge parameters and descriptions.  All my uploaded sensor panels with custom gauges were created from scratch.  And the newest 51 and 101 stage gauges were back-to-the-original downloads again.  After moving rotating and cropping, the hands don’t line up with the new manipulated gauge background images.  Just manipulating a sensor panel, via changes in the “SensorPanel Manager - AIDA64” isn’t worth the upload. (IMAO)

Look at the images and you all can decide who the work came from.  If it looks odd that I only have one attachment, it was because I only had 2 MB upload space, so I placed the images on one white background and saved as a jpg.

Images grouped.jpg

• Like 2