Page file details may randomly glitch

Squall Leonhart

Here is capture3 right after i have un-installed v1.2 and restarted. I doubt very much i have a problem with my system as This OS is a new install with just my work tools (Adobe masters, Cinema 4D, 3dsmax etc, I have NO other noticeable problems expect with Aida64.

When you restart your system, those counters are all resetted to zero (by Windows itself, since Windows manages those counters). You should not restart Windows between making screen shots about this matter.

When you restart your system, those counters are all resetted to zero (by Windows itself, since Windows manages those counters). You should not restart Windows between making screen shots about this matter.

OK, Just going by what you say when installing betas :):rolleyes: . Will do this alittle later as i have to go to a meeting now which should only last for about 2hrs.

Thanks

OK, Just going by what you say when installing betas :):rolleyes: . Will do this alittle later as i have to go to a meeting now which should only last for about 2hrs.

You're right, normally you should issue a Windows restart everytime you upgrade or downgrade AIDA64 :) But in this case, restarting Windows would reset the counters, so it's not a good idea :)

That's a 4th issue then :) Please let us know which AIDA64 Hardware Monitoring features do you have enabled. E.g. Sidebar, LCD, OSD, or a combination of those?

only the G15 LCD. And i have been running without problems while not leaving AIDA sitting on the memory pane.

If i change it back to the Memory pane, it will eventually either crash or raise an out of thread resources error, and performance monitor will show that 111 threads are in use. Normal usage is 4 threads.

only the G15 LCD. And i have been running without problems while not leaving AIDA sitting on the memory pane.

If i change it back to the Memory pane, it will eventually either crash or raise an out of thread resources error, and performance monitor will show that 111 threads are in use. Normal usage is 4 threads.

I'm not sure if it would help, but we've improved the exception handling on every info pages of AIDA64, incl. the Memory page. Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1251oq1xi5ergvzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps about the thread count issue.

Thanks,

Fiery

• 7 years later...

szia, hej

Sorry if I don't understand the topic.
I had 8gb (2x4gb) memory and pagefile on 8gb, now I added 8gb(now 8+8 (2x4)gb, dual mode) memory and deleted pagefile completely.

But what`s this? It appears for 0.3 seconds and disappears again. I can't understand the cause and frequency of occurrence.

pagefile.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎. ‎05‎. ‎08‎. at 6:47 PM, 790 said:

szia, hej

Sorry if I don't understand the topic.
I had 8gb (2x4gb) memory and pagefile on 8gb, now I added 8gb(now 8+8 (2x4)gb, dual mode) memory and deleted pagefile completely.

But what`s this? It appears for 0.3 seconds and disappears again. I can't understand the cause and frequency of occurrence.

pagefile.png

What Windows version+build are you using?

This topic involved a crash in the application that occured when it was left on that page of aida64, this has been fixed for a long long time now.

PS: Don't turn off the page file, windows can't do some things with one turned off, such as allocate large virtual blocks (whether it intends to fill them or not).

Set a Min/Max pagefile instead.

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, 790 said:

Win 7-64 Ultimate SP1

info from AIDA: 6.1.7601.18409 (Win7 RTM)

We've tried to reproduce the issue on various Win7 64-bit machines of ours, but with no luck so far.  If you still experience the issue, then please open Registry Editor (by running REGEDIT.EXE), navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

And export the Memory Management section by right-clicking on Memory Management in the tree --> Export.  Please rename the resulting file to MEM.TXT and attach it to your forum post.  If you have difficulties doing that, please contact me in private message.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, 790 said:

I can't say about fixing the issue or not, because I don't look out the AIDA-window 24/7. I'm just trying to figure out whose issue it is...AIDA or my memory, comp, OS etc.

MEM.txt

Thank you.  In your Registry, at least by looking at its current state, there should be no problem determining (in AIDA64) that you have no paging files configured.