Fiery

After deep search in the FT220x datasheet, it seems that this device is SPI slave and I need a SPI master... I have send a mail to FTDI to know if it's possible to use it with another SPI slave device (SSD1322).

I'm sorry, but please stop your developpment until I receive an answer from FTDI. If it's not possible, I will need to buy another interface like Microchip MCP2210...

3) Can you please provide the exact command bytes we need to issue at the OLED init, and the command bytes we need to use at each frame update?

Please see the 8080 demo code with my OLED display (bottom of the page): 8080 8-bit Parallel Interface Demo Code

Yes, using a microcontroller would probably be the ultimate solution -- although not the easiest or most cost effective one :)  We will keep things on hold until you have the final hardware assembled and tested to be working.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Thank you. Please let me know if you have the full combo assembled and tested to be working.

I'm currently programming with Labview a test application. Once I have received the display and tested it, I will give you a document with all necessary parameters and commands.

But I'm still wondering if I use 3 wires SPI OR 3 wires SPI + 1 GPIO pin for data/command info...

7 hours ago, romP44 said:

But I'm still wondering if I use 3 wires SPI OR 3 wires SPI + 1 GPIO pin for data/command info...

I'm afraid I'm not experienced in that field, so I'm unable to give you recommendations about such dilemmas.

Hello,

Question from a newbie here. I've known about AIDA64 for years now, but never purchased because I don't have a second monitor. I also will never get a second monitor due to space and financial limitations. But now I see more and more (LCD) displays are supported I was wondering what would be the cheapest alternative? Because I've been wanting an external display with all the necessary parameters on it for such a long time now and I feel now is the time to accomplish that.

PS: I'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum, I just got linked to here through this article:

https://www.aida64.com/products/features/external-display-support

Thanks in advance!

On ‎2017‎. ‎01‎. ‎18‎. at 11:11 AM, Earth Eater said:

Hello,

Question from a newbie here. I've known about AIDA64 for years now, but never purchased because I don't have a second monitor. I also will never get a second monitor due to space and financial limitations. But now I see more and more (LCD) displays are supported I was wondering what would be the cheapest alternative? Because I've been wanting an external display with all the necessary parameters on it for such a long time now and I feel now is the time to accomplish that.

PS: I'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum, I just got linked to here through this article:

https://www.aida64.com/products/features/external-display-support

Thanks in advance!

IMHO the cheapest solution would be to pick up and old TFT monitor. Some of those 2nd hand parts, in the 14 to 17-inch panel range would cost $20 or $25. An example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-TFT-LCD-VGA-Monitor-Model-CT-V1501-/391657569911?hash=item5b309c3e77:g:Qw8AAOSwo4pYWcas

Sadly, brand new, USB-connected, dedicated colour LCD screens (like LCDInfo USBD480) are way more expensive than that.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, romP44 said:

UP ;) Have you received the documentation ?

Yes, we're working on it.  It may be a bit difficult to implement support for that hardware without having a sample hardware at hand, but we'll do our best.

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

Yes, we're working on it.  It may be a bit difficult to implement support for that hardware without having a sample hardware at hand, but we'll do our best.

Thanks ! ;) I'm developing the driver for LCD hype, still not tested as I have compilation errors.

6 minutes ago, romP44 said:

Thanks ! ;) I'm developing the driver for LCD hype, still not tested as I have compilation errors.

When you have that done, please drop me a private message. We're not skilled with Labview, so any direct source code that is Delphi, C, Visual Basic (etc) -- tested to be working under Windows -- would be extremely helpful to have.

On 09/02/2017 at 1:50 PM, Fiery said:

When you have that done, please drop me a private message. We're not skilled with Labview, so any direct source code that is Delphi, C, Visual Basic (etc) -- tested to be working under Windows -- would be extremely helpful to have.

I'm happy to announce that my example C++ project is working ! :D It will only display a fix image, but it's a good starting point.

I have used Visual studio community 2015.

Take care ! Compare to Labview, I have changed the SPI mode. It must be mode 0, not 2.

Also, the options for the function "SPI_write" must be "assert line before transfer"= true (it was false with Labview).

I hope it will help you. Please let me know if something is not clear.

simple test SSD1322 C++.zip

22 hours ago, romP44 said:

I'm happy to announce that my example C++ project is working ! :D It will only display a fix image, but it's a good starting point.

I have used Visual studio community 2015.

Take care ! Compare to Labview, I have changed the SPI mode. It must be mode 0, not 2.

Also, the options for the function "SPI_write" must be "assert line before transfer"= true (it was false with Labview).

I hope it will help you. Please let me know if something is not clear.

simple test SSD1322 C++.zip

Thank you, that was very helpful.  I've sent you an email about further details ;)

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, romP44 said:

And it works ! EastRising ER-OLEDM02 (SSD1322) is now supported by AIDA64!

Thank you very much Fiery!

58ab5dbe1f959_Sanstitre.png.39b73f3cf66fabde3e5ae0a0f9bbed2a.png

A video: https://youtu.be/T1jZdKms2Yc

And the wiring diagram:

58ab5cf4be89a_wiringdiagram.thumb.png.f536bffb2d4885b193fc9dedf16a1143.png

Thank you for your help!  It's always great to work with guys skilled in both electronics and C++ ;) 

• 1 month later...
On ‎2017‎. ‎04‎. ‎15‎. at 0:41 AM, KamikazeWI said:

Question.. on several of your web pages you state that the Diablo 16 based LCD's from 4d systems are supported.  I can't find them in the list of LCD's within the app... What gives?

Thanks,

Dan

We do have references to 4D Systems LCDs, but they are actually not supported.  We'll fix that discrepancy to clear things up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I'm wondering if Philips Digital Frame 7FF3FPW/93 could be supported by AIDA64(or should I use a cracked firmware)

The screen panel of the frame is Innolux Display AT070TN07 V.A with a resolution of 480*234

That's all the information I got.

Thank you!

On ‎2017‎. ‎05‎. ‎11‎. at 5:16 PM, LinkLee said:

Hello

I'm wondering if Philips Digital Frame 7FF3FPW/93 could be supported by AIDA64(or should I use a cracked firmware)

The screen panel of the frame is Innolux Display AT070TN07 V.A with a resolution of 480*234

That's all the information I got.

Thank you!

It can only be supported if the digital photo frame can accept bitmap image (bitmap frame) transfers via its USB connection.  AFAIK only Samsung SPF displays and AX206 hacked picture frames support that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm working on an ESP8266 MCU board and LCD modules, want to make this useful for AIDA64.

I tested LCD module ILI9341(2.2" / 2.4" /2.8"), the refresh rate can be up to 20fps in SPI model, and the ESP8266 has build-in wifi adaptor, so I want to make it clear can I get frame buffer from AIDA64 by wifi?

The point is ESP8266 is a very cheap solution, it cost only $2 and the 2.2" ili9341 LCD Module (320x240) costs $6 at most. Another LCD Module ili9486/9488  3.5" (480x320) costs $8. I think this is a valuable solution for DIYers and thank you for your help! :)

BTW: I use Android Studio on developing ESP8266, it very easy to get started, for everyone, indeed.

On ‎2017‎. ‎06‎. ‎04‎. at 5:41 PM, awayfar said:

Hi, I'm working on an ESP8266 MCU board and LCD modules, want to make this useful for AIDA64.

I tested LCD module ILI9341(2.2" / 2.4" /2.8"), the refresh rate can be up to 20fps in SPI model, and the ESP8266 has build-in wifi adaptor, so I want to make it clear can I get frame buffer from AIDA64 by wifi?

The point is ESP8266 is a very cheap solution, it cost only $2 and the 2.2" ili9341 LCD Module (320x240) costs $6 at most. Another LCD Module ili9486/9488  3.5" (480x320) costs $8. I think this is a valuable solution for DIYers and thank you for your help! :)

BTW: I use Android Studio on developing ESP8266, it very easy to get started, for everyone, indeed.

AIDA64 does support remote connections through WiFi via the RemoteSensor module, but I don't think you'd have a http client on your device :)  Let us know more about the protocol we'd need to use to talk to the mentioned ESP8266 MCU.