Jump to content
AIDA64 Discussion Forum

Recommended Posts

After deep search in the FT220x datasheet, it seems that this device is SPI slave and I need a SPI master... I have send a mail to FTDI to know if it's possible to use it with another SPI slave device (SSD1322).

I'm sorry, but please stop your developpment until I receive an answer from FTDI. If it's not possible, I will need to buy another interface like Microchip MCP2210...

Quote

3) Can you please provide the exact command bytes we need to issue at the OLED init, and the command bytes we need to use at each frame update?

Please see the 8080 demo code with my OLED display (bottom of the page): 8080 8-bit Parallel Interface Demo Code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, using a microcontroller would probably be the ultimate solution -- although not the easiest or most cost effective one :)  We will keep things on hold until you have the final hardware assembled and tested to be working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can use 2 ways to connect the SSD1322 to the FT232h.

- 3 wires SPI : 9 bits of data (1 for command/data and 8 bits of data)

- 3 wires SPI + 1 wire for command/data pin : 8 bits of data

What would you prefer ? 9 bits it's not so easy to manage...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, romP44 said:

Here is the USB dump with the FT232h connected.

My OLED display is still in China...

usbdump FTDI232h.txt

Thank you. Please let me know if you have the full combo assembled and tested to be working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Thank you. Please let me know if you have the full combo assembled and tested to be working.

I'm currently programming with Labview a test application. Once I have received the display and tested it, I will give you a document with all necessary parameters and commands.

But I'm still wondering if I use 3 wires SPI OR 3 wires SPI + 1 GPIO pin for data/command info...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, romP44 said:

But I'm still wondering if I use 3 wires SPI OR 3 wires SPI + 1 GPIO pin for data/command info...

I'm afraid I'm not experienced in that field, so I'm unable to give you recommendations about such dilemmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

Question from a newbie here. I've known about AIDA64 for years now, but never purchased because I don't have a second monitor. I also will never get a second monitor due to space and financial limitations. But now I see more and more (LCD) displays are supported I was wondering what would be the cheapest alternative? Because I've been wanting an external display with all the necessary parameters on it for such a long time now and I feel now is the time to accomplish that.

 

PS: I'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum, I just got linked to here through this article:

https://www.aida64.com/products/features/external-display-support

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎. ‎01‎. ‎18‎. at 11:11 AM, Earth Eater said:

Hello,

Question from a newbie here. I've known about AIDA64 for years now, but never purchased because I don't have a second monitor. I also will never get a second monitor due to space and financial limitations. But now I see more and more (LCD) displays are supported I was wondering what would be the cheapest alternative? Because I've been wanting an external display with all the necessary parameters on it for such a long time now and I feel now is the time to accomplish that.

 

PS: I'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum, I just got linked to here through this article:

https://www.aida64.com/products/features/external-display-support

 

Thanks in advance!

IMHO the cheapest solution would be to pick up and old TFT monitor. Some of those 2nd hand parts, in the 14 to 17-inch panel range would cost $20 or $25. An example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-TFT-LCD-VGA-Monitor-Model-CT-V1501-/391657569911?hash=item5b309c3e77:g:Qw8AAOSwo4pYWcas

Sadly, brand new, USB-connected, dedicated colour LCD screens (like LCDInfo USBD480) are way more expensive than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, romP44 said:

UP ;) Have you received the documentation ?

Yes, we're working on it.  It may be a bit difficult to implement support for that hardware without having a sample hardware at hand, but we'll do our best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fiery said:

Yes, we're working on it.  It may be a bit difficult to implement support for that hardware without having a sample hardware at hand, but we'll do our best.

Thanks ! ;) I'm developing the driver for LCD hype, still not tested as I have compilation errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, romP44 said:

Thanks ! ;) I'm developing the driver for LCD hype, still not tested as I have compilation errors.

When you have that done, please drop me a private message. We're not skilled with Labview, so any direct source code that is Delphi, C, Visual Basic (etc) -- tested to be working under Windows -- would be extremely helpful to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/02/2017 at 1:50 PM, Fiery said:

When you have that done, please drop me a private message. We're not skilled with Labview, so any direct source code that is Delphi, C, Visual Basic (etc) -- tested to be working under Windows -- would be extremely helpful to have.

I'm happy to announce that my example C++ project is working ! :D It will only display a fix image, but it's a good starting point.

I have used Visual studio community 2015.

 

Take care ! Compare to Labview, I have changed the SPI mode. It must be mode 0, not 2.

Also, the options for the function "SPI_write" must be "assert line before transfer"= true (it was false with Labview).

 

I hope it will help you. Please let me know if something is not clear.

simple test SSD1322 C++.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, romP44 said:

I'm happy to announce that my example C++ project is working ! :D It will only display a fix image, but it's a good starting point.

I have used Visual studio community 2015.

 

Take care ! Compare to Labview, I have changed the SPI mode. It must be mode 0, not 2.

Also, the options for the function "SPI_write" must be "assert line before transfer"= true (it was false with Labview).

 

I hope it will help you. Please let me know if something is not clear.

simple test SSD1322 C++.zip

Thank you, that was very helpful.  I've sent you an email about further details ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, romP44 said:

And it works ! EastRising ER-OLEDM02 (SSD1322) is now supported by AIDA64!

Thank you very much Fiery!

58ab5dbe1f959_Sanstitre.png.39b73f3cf66fabde3e5ae0a0f9bbed2a.png

A video: https://youtu.be/T1jZdKms2Yc

And the wiring diagram:

58ab5cf4be89a_wiringdiagram.thumb.png.f536bffb2d4885b193fc9dedf16a1143.png

Thank you for your help!  It's always great to work with guys skilled in both electronics and C++ ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question.. on several of your web pages you state that the Diablo 16 based LCD's from 4d systems are supported.  I can't find them in the list of LCD's within the app... What gives?

 

 

Thanks,

Dan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎. ‎04‎. ‎15‎. at 0:41 AM, KamikazeWI said:

Question.. on several of your web pages you state that the Diablo 16 based LCD's from 4d systems are supported.  I can't find them in the list of LCD's within the app... What gives?

Thanks,

Dan

We do have references to 4D Systems LCDs, but they are actually not supported.  We'll fix that discrepancy to clear things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

I'm wondering if Philips Digital Frame 7FF3FPW/93 could be supported by AIDA64(or should I use a cracked firmware)

The screen panel of the frame is Innolux Display AT070TN07 V.A with a resolution of 480*234

That's all the information I got.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎. ‎05‎. ‎11‎. at 5:16 PM, LinkLee said:

Hello

I'm wondering if Philips Digital Frame 7FF3FPW/93 could be supported by AIDA64(or should I use a cracked firmware)

The screen panel of the frame is Innolux Display AT070TN07 V.A with a resolution of 480*234

That's all the information I got.

Thank you!

It can only be supported if the digital photo frame can accept bitmap image (bitmap frame) transfers via its USB connection.  AFAIK only Samsung SPF displays and AX206 hacked picture frames support that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm working on an ESP8266 MCU board and LCD modules, want to make this useful for AIDA64.

I tested LCD module ILI9341(2.2" / 2.4" /2.8"), the refresh rate can be up to 20fps in SPI model, and the ESP8266 has build-in wifi adaptor, so I want to make it clear can I get frame buffer from AIDA64 by wifi?

The point is ESP8266 is a very cheap solution, it cost only $2 and the 2.2" ili9341 LCD Module (320x240) costs $6 at most. Another LCD Module ili9486/9488  3.5" (480x320) costs $8. I think this is a valuable solution for DIYers and thank you for your help! :)

BTW: I use Android Studio on developing ESP8266, it very easy to get started, for everyone, indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎. ‎06‎. ‎04‎. at 5:41 PM, awayfar said:

Hi, I'm working on an ESP8266 MCU board and LCD modules, want to make this useful for AIDA64.

I tested LCD module ILI9341(2.2" / 2.4" /2.8"), the refresh rate can be up to 20fps in SPI model, and the ESP8266 has build-in wifi adaptor, so I want to make it clear can I get frame buffer from AIDA64 by wifi?

The point is ESP8266 is a very cheap solution, it cost only $2 and the 2.2" ili9341 LCD Module (320x240) costs $6 at most. Another LCD Module ili9486/9488  3.5" (480x320) costs $8. I think this is a valuable solution for DIYers and thank you for your help! :)

BTW: I use Android Studio on developing ESP8266, it very easy to get started, for everyone, indeed.

AIDA64 does support remote connections through WiFi via the RemoteSensor module, but I don't think you'd have a http client on your device :)  Let us know more about the protocol we'd need to use to talk to the mentioned ESP8266 MCU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Similar Content

    • By Koithim
      Hey there,
      I replaced my old Z10 with the new Z10 RGB.  When i try to enable the LCD i get:
      Error: HID device 3842-2601 not found.
      I have the latest beta installed (sept. 16).
      Cheers!
      K
    • By Fiery
      The new AIDA64 release implements AVX optimized benchmarks for Zhaoxin processors, adds PCIe 4.0 and NVMe 1.4 devices support, monitoring of sensor values on Matrix Orbital EVE3 displays, and supports the latest AMD and Intel CPU platforms as well as the new graphics and GPGPU computing technologies by both AMD and nVIDIA.
               
      New features & improvements
      - AVX accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for Zhaoxin ZX-C+ and Zhaoxin KaiXian KX-5000 processors
      - Full support for Hygon C86 “Mukti/Dhyana” CPU
      - Enhanced RGB LED monitoring module
      - Matrix Orbital EVE3 LCD display support
      - Improved support for Intel “Comet Lake” and “Ice Lake” CPUs
      - Support for PCI Express 4.0 controllers and devices
      - Preliminary support for Zhaoxin KaiXian KX-6000 CPU
      - Advanced support for LSI RAID controllers
      - NVMe 1.4 support
      - Improvements for AMD X570 chipset based motherboards
      - GPU details for AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series
      - GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce RTX 2000 Super Series
      What's new since AIDA64 v6.00
      - SHA3-512 cryptographic hash benchmark utilizing AVX, AVX2 and AVX-512
      - AVX2 and FMA accelerated 64-bit benchmarks for AMD Zen 2 “Matisse” processors
      - Microsoft Windows 10 May 2019 Update support
      - BeadaPanel LCD and SteelSeries Rival 710 OLED display support
      - Corsair H100i Platinum and H115i Platinum liquid cooler sensor support
      - Cooler Master MP750 RGB LED mousepad support
      - Corsair Obsidian 1000D, EVGA iCX2, Farbwerk 360, NZXT GRID+ V3 sensor support
      - Preliminary support for Intel “Comet Lake” CPU
      - GPU details for AMD Radeon VII
      - GPU details for nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1600 and GeForce RTX 2060 Series
      - Preliminary support for AMD “Navi” GPUs
      - Retired SHA1 and VP8 benchmarks
      [ Press Release (English) ]
      [ Press Release (Deutsch) ]
      [ Press Release (magyar) ]
      [ What's new in AIDA64 v6.10 ]
      [ Download ]
    • By beada
      BeadaFrame Display Kit is an ARM Cortex-A7 development platform which bundled with a 7" TFT LCD Display. It can be powered and communicated with PC Host by a single Micro USB cable. Currently we use it as a secondary PC monitor for display of hardware status through Remote Sensor LCD.
      The question is --  is there any way to implement it as a native support of AIDA LCD screen? We are running Debian Stretch on the ARM Cortex-A7 core.


       
      And more details of this display kit:
      CPU
      NXP/Freescale ARM Cortex-A7 i.MX6ULL
      RAM
      512MB DDR3L
      Storage
      16GB/32GB eMMC
      Connectivities
      1 x WIFI 802.11 b/g/n module(AP6212) 1 x USB 2.0 Host(Type A) 1 x USB 2.0 OTG(Micro-USB) Display
      7.0" TFT LCD: 800x480 (AT070TN92) , w/ touch and bezel
      On Board Resources
      Reset Circuit with reset button 1 x Power select jumper 1 x Boot select jumper 1 x USER LED Dimension
      188 x 118 x 35(mm)
      Operating System
      Debian Stretch
      Consumption
      5V/350mA
    • By Shaman
      Dear all,
      I am trying to figure out the best option for a small (max 7'') external screen to use with SensorPanel.
      I find lots of options on eBay that I suppose are all viable (e.g., https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7inch-HDMI-LCD-H-with-case-1024x600-IPS-Capacitive-Touch-Screen-Audio-Output/133067577890).
       
      What I am unsure at the moment:
      - Is the quality/resolution of the screen important?
      - Is touch input needed/used?
      - Is there any difference (limitations) between the three available options (using an HDMI connected screen, a USB connected one and/or an affordable Android tablet)? 
       
      Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
       
      Best,
      S
    • By Ventilator
      Would be nice if you could rotate output 90 degrees in AIDA 64 LCD config for Logitech ARX.
      This, so you can get tablet mode.
       
×
×
  • Create New...